THQ Nordic - Acquires Warhorse Studios

IMHO they rather should have bought TellTale.

I suspect you're right. This is probably the first IP they've bought that wasn't at a fire-sale price. Let's hope they aren't as tight with the purse strings during development as they have been in their many previous IP acquisitions.

They bought the indie studio that is making Biomutant and a german mobile game studio (HandyGames) last year.

They also bought a few IPs that were forgotten (ex: Outcast) or emerging (ex: Expeditions), so it's not all "fire-sales" deals.

This is worrying. The previous owner Czech billionaire Bakala strikes me as a person that evaluates a person and his proposal and if he likes what he sees business wise, he does not interfere more and gives a lot of creative freedom. Not sure if it will stay that way…

Nordic is great. We'll be seeing lots of quality rpgs from them.

Nordic is great. We'll be seeing lots of quality rpgs from them.
Really because no offense their track record isn't that great with published games. By that I mean games funded out of their own money and not just helping distribute.

Also some more tidbits I found on the internet.:)

Cision
THQ purchased the Prague studio for €42.8 million.
Gematsu
Warhorse Studios will continue to operate as usual, with Daniel Vavra and Martin Klima continuing to run the studio as they have been doing.

Back
Top Bottom