Tower of Time

Been playing this one for a while and it generally runs like crap for me. Maybe 20-35fps if I’m lucky regardless of settings. I like the game but it seems rather poorly optimized.

GPU and resolution ? I don't know the FPS but i haven't had any problems with win 10 and 1070 @ 1440p

Been playing this one for a while and it generally runs like crap for me. Maybe 20-35fps if I’m lucky regardless of settings. I like the game but it seems rather poorly optimized.

If settings don't matter then it's more likely to be a CPU thing.

I started playing this game earlier today, I'm enjoying it so far. Still on the entry floor, I ran into some crypt and got reamed a few times before surmising that I'm just not ready for that room.....yet!

So I got a fourth party member once I dropped down a floor, and with another blade handy I thought I'd return to the first floor to battle in that crypt, only it doesn't seem like you can backtrack floors. Or I'm missing something obvious somewhere, but I looked in the city and don't see a way back to the first floor.

I had that very question; to go back up you have to type 'c' to return to the city; then click on tower and select the floor you want.

So I got a fourth party member once I dropped down a floor, and with another blade handy I thought I'd return to the first floor to battle in that crypt, only it doesn't seem like you can backtrack floors. Or I'm missing something obvious somewhere, but I looked in the city and don't see a way back to the first floor.

Yeah man, I jumped back into the game after supper and noticed that when you re-enter the Tower, the floors are listed on the left. So I was able to easily get back to the mausoleum fight, and with the dwarf in the party now, we smashed those evil dead dudes.

I've actually fallen off the game now. The story is pretty good and the level design is really impressive but I was starting to dread every battle and that's where you spend most of your time.

I got well over 80 hours out of the game, though, so it was a good purchase for sure. I may go back in once I've had a break from it.

P.S. There was talk of some changes coming to the game in the forums with respect to items and their randomness.

Most of the items I get I don't even look at now, ninety percent or more just seems like total junk. Granted I'm only on the fourth floor, but the treasure seems rather redundant at best, and often garbage at worst. The battles though, that's what I'm playing this game for!!!

A lot of the items are junk. They're randomly generated, after all. Some are rather sneaky ones, though. There was a robe I got once that gave a huge boost to skill power but also drained HP. I put on some items that regen'ed HP so it only drained a little but that plus a little incidental damage meant my mage was dead half way through the battle. If I had had a little more regen, though, or if I had dumped the dwarf for the druid and his healing powers, it might have worked out very nicely.

Anyway, yeah, there's plenty of junk - so just turn them into gems and improve your items with them. If you haven't gotten the ability to improve items via their slots yet, you soon will.

Oh man.....well, I might put this one on hold also. I really don't care for how they say that the plan is to turn this into a "fast paced dungeon crawler". I think the game is near perfect as is.

That's another mode. I expect it's like PoE and it's new turn-based mode where you get to decide at the start (?) what kind of game you want.

under £10 on GOG at the moment, is this still recommended?

One of these days I'm going to read about someone actually finishing this absurdly over performance intensive game.

It's taking me quite some time, as each floor is quite extensive and I have a "leave no monster nor loot behind" philosophy, but I suspect I'll finish this one shortly. I'm maybe halfway through floor six right now.

Back
Top Bottom