Beamdog - Setting up for a new Year

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Lucky Day spotted the January Beamdog livestream:

Jan 11, 2019 Beamdog Livestream - Setting up for a new year!

"I'd like to create a new game with a toolset like the NWN one, but I can't promise anything!" ~ Trent

Today Beamdog CEO Trent Oster and Marketing & PR Manager Lee Guille shared the latest studio news and updates on Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition and Infinity Engine games. They read a few winning stories from the Baldur's Gate: 20-Year Anniversary Contest and showed a community portrait that will be added to the Beamdog Enhanced Edition Family of games for free later in 2019.

[...]

The 3.1.4 update for Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition is now available at Beamdog.com.
More information.

They said anything when the next nwnee patch comes? It supposed to bring lots of good stuff.

A state-of-the-art NWN/NWN2-style module editor would be most welcome, especially if it were flexible and allowed beaucoup modding.

One of the things I miss most about Edmonton, I hope that someday they'll try to make an entire new game on their own.
I agree but it will probably never happen. They advertised they had a few projects in development and NWN:Enhanced was one. Don't know what the other game was.

Also remember reading a few key members for the new game left to work at Larian.

Aye, not likely to happen, but I'll keep wishing. I like what they've picked to do so far, but I truly believe they could make something entirely their own, if they but chose to do so.

Its not likely to happen at all. These people don't have the kind of money to do that.

The best we could hope for at this point is a NWN2:EE and a significant improvement to the toolset there.

They said anything when the next nwnee patch comes? It supposed to bring lots of good stuff.

There is definitely still talk of graphics improvement on NWN1:EE I read there.

• A new renderer for NWN:EE is underway. According to Trent, probably you won’t see anything on this front in the next couple of months, but when you do, it’ll be massive. Cam and and the NWN team is working hard on it.
  • The new renderer will make Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition look much better. As Trent says, we’re taking the renderer from the 2000 era to today! It’ll change a lot of things in the game, which is why we can’t provide custom content documentation before the new renderer is completed.

But this is months away. Its not on build 8187 which is being readied for the next patch. It sounds like the iOS version will be done before that.

Yes. I said iOS version. Its being converted to 64 bit for that purpose.

Back
Top Bottom