Starbreeze - HQ has been raided

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@VG24/7 Starbreeze HQ has been raided on suspicion of "insider crimes".

Update: Starbreeze's offices have been raided by police, leading to at least one arrest.

According to SVD, the company was raided on suspicion of "insider crimes", suggesting the arrest was made due to insider trading.

As well as the arrest, equipment has been taken.

This story is developing...

[...]
More information.

This is the publisher for System Shock 3.

After what happened with Underworld Ascendant - it's hard not to go all Couch with the conspiracy theories :)

This is the publisher for System Shock 3.

After what happened with Underworld Ascendant - it's hard not to go all Couch with the conspiracy theories :)

I said it right after the early videos this heap of junk is a toxic trainwreck. :D

Hey I take offense at that as I'm right at least 50% of the time.:p

I said it right after the early videos this heap of junk is a toxic trainwreck. :D

Even if it is a trainwreck, attracting the attention of the judiciary is really another level.

Different issue; the publisher management of fiances particularly with regards to inside trading is mostly unrelated to the developers development and fiances (unless the publisher went bankrupt before providing agreed upon payments).

Even if it is a trainwreck, attracting the attention of the judiciary is really another level.

Last edited:
So, with Starbreeze going the way of the dodo and the incredible failure of Underworld Ascendant, maybe System Shock 3 can be made:
With a different publisher AND a different developer.

One can hope.

Update: Starbreeze's offices have been raided by police, leading to at least one arrest.
One police officer down!--> he accidentally arrested & handcuffed himself on scene! OMGOMG

So the HQ was raided? Poetic, eh?

What have you done, Hacker? My children have g-g-gone way-warrrrd-d-d.

Never heard of them. But, as they say, there's no such thing as bad publicity. :-/

They did a few very interesting games in the past:
Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay: a very decent movie tie-in TPS game that focuses more on puzzles and stealth than straight action.

The Darkness: a very decent FPS based on a cult comic book, that focuses more on storytelling and quirky gameplay mechanics than straight action.

Brothers: a very decent experimental adventure game that focuses on emotional storytelling (no text!!!) and bizarre gameplay mechanics than hair-raising puzzles.

Their experimental and risk-taking attitude will be missed.

They also put allot of focus on VR which seem rather stupid for a small time dev.

With the amount of stocks that was sold off before the total crash I'd be rather surprised if we don't see some jail time handed out here.

Oh and if you like high risk now would be a good time to buy some of their stocks.

VR is actually very easy to implement. It's kinda like 3D movies.

Of course, exactly like 3D movies - it's pretty worthless unless you're making the movie with 3D in mind from the ground up.

Back
Top Bottom