Pathfinder Kingmaker release thread - Page 12 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Pathfinder: Kingmaker » Pathfinder Kingmaker release thread

Default Pathfinder Kingmaker release thread

October 18th, 2018, 21:08
Originally Posted by Aubrielle View Post
Oh god, GOG…thank you for reminding me why I get all my new games on Steam.

I love GOG, but…ugh. I'm so over having to re-download entire games over and over, every time there's a new patch.
Yeah but it happens on Steam sometime also. Don't now why this happens with certain patches. Guess it has to do with what is patched, and the size of certain patches.

On the plus side so far only two patches had me re-download the whole game. Most have been 500 Mb's to 5GB's. It's crazy amount of patches this is game is getting.
--
"Remember EA thinks Single-player games are dead & gamers are all basically idiots."

Check out my news Thread it's updated weekly.

Couchpotato

Anti-EA Supporter

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)

October 19th, 2018, 10:13
SpellForce 3 had at least 34 patches (I stopped following the progress after that one).
Lets see if P:KM can break that record

Archangel

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

October 21st, 2018, 11:26
Ok, I'm starting a new character. Tossing between fighter/cleric and fighter/mage/eldritch knight.

Taking a vote for portrait. First one is for fighter/cleric, the second one is fighter/mage/eldritch knight

https://i.imgur.com/dpVfi76.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/WGKTaa7.jpg
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)

October 21st, 2018, 16:03
Both are very nice portraits. I personally like the second better. She seems to be a little annoyed at the sight of the blood. Actually also fitting a fighter/cleric.

Does anyone know whether the "big patch" for Kingmaker is still on track? It was planned for tomorrow if I remember correctly. But with all the hotfixing…

Cacheperl

Keeper of the Watch
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

October 21st, 2018, 16:21
If you're considering a fighter/cleric, why not simply go for a paladin? That's the class of character that serves as the leader of my group, and I can vouch for both his potency in battle, as well as being a stellar back-up healer.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

October 21st, 2018, 16:43
So just how serious are the bugs in the current version of the game ?

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

October 21st, 2018, 16:49
Originally Posted by Cacheperl View Post
Does anyone know whether the "big patch" for Kingmaker is still on track? It was planned for tomorrow if I remember correctly. But with all the hotfixing…
Sadly no I answered this a few days back.
Finally, there is one more thing we at Owlcat wanted to talk to you about.

Unfortunately, there is a downside to the speed with which we solve newly-found issues - to be completely honest, it doesn’t leave us enough time to test all of the game thoroughly after each fix. It takes a whole week at minimum to test every aspect of our complex game, so delivering 2-3 hotfixes each week leaves our team only enough time to check fixes locally. Still, we know this is no excuse for issues that persist in the game, as well as those that are added with some of the fixes. Every bug report we receive literally tears us apart with the feeling of guilt for not finding and solving the issue before the game went live. As such, we want to be open with all you Pathfinders, so that you understand our philosophy and our current pipeline. Right now we feel it is more important to keep fixing critical issues as quickly as possible, rather than to stop releasing hotfixes for about 2 weeks and focus on a big patch.

Once we are sure all major problems have been addressed, we will get back to a more stable, "patch-oriented" development approach.

Thank you for your patience and your support! That is what keeps us alive and kicking.
--
"Remember EA thinks Single-player games are dead & gamers are all basically idiots."

Check out my news Thread it's updated weekly.

Couchpotato

Anti-EA Supporter

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
+1:

October 21st, 2018, 16:54
Originally Posted by you View Post
So just how serious are the bugs in the current version of the game ?
I've played 180 hours with multiple characters and haven't ran into anything serious. Only made it to the end of Chapter 3, though. They are constantly hotfixing and fixing issues, so I got plenty of quality play time out of it so far.

@purpleblob, I like the cute blonde in the 2nd portrait. Excellent portraits there but the blonde is my vote.

TheRealFluent

H.O.O. Inquisitor

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)

October 21st, 2018, 22:10
Thanks for voting, blonde girl it is!!

Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
If you're considering a fighter/cleric, why not simply go for a paladin? That's the class of character that serves as the leader of my group, and I can vouch for both his potency in battle, as well as being a stellar back-up healer.
Hmmm true, yeah ok, paladin it is then
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

October 21st, 2018, 22:21
Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
Thanks for voting, blonde girl it is!!

Hmmm true, yeah ok, paladin it is then
Sweet! You should do a Let's Play sometime. Even a text one with screenshots would be fun.

And if going Paladin, gotta be careful with those alignment decisions! Minimal chaoticness or neutralness for you.

TheRealFluent

H.O.O. Inquisitor

October 21st, 2018, 22:24
Yay for a blonde lady Paladin. You'll be just fine, nice and lawful, it's ok to lecture miscreants but take it easy on administering spankings.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

October 21st, 2018, 22:34
Originally Posted by TheRealFluent View Post
Sweet! You should do a Let's Play sometime. Even a text one with screenshots would be fun.

And if going Paladin, gotta be careful with those alignment decisions! Minimal chaoticness or neutralness for you.
… forgot about that. Ok, back to fighter/cleric lol

Never done lets play… I'm not good with words
--

purpleblob

Princess

October 21st, 2018, 22:48
Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
… forgot about that. Ok, back to fighter/cleric lol

Never done lets play… I'm not good with words
Aww, haha. I was a little camera shy at first too, not knowing what to say (I just do voice, no video of my face), but it starts to get easier the more you do it. Some people do text Let's Plays, which they take screenshots of certain important events in the game and make an "episode" that way. Was just a thought since you're so into these CRPGs and seem like you love to play them and share that love. That's why I make mine.

And yeah, being a Paladin/Monk/Druid means you have to stay true to your class alignment or you lose your powers. Fighter/Cleric should be a good one, same idea as a Paladin without all the baggage. Hope you have fun with it!

TheRealFluent

H.O.O. Inquisitor

October 22nd, 2018, 11:17
You can also go for Crusader, a Cleric archetype, which is a slightly more martial focused Cleric.

Maylander

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Maylander

October 22nd, 2018, 11:21
Did you start playing Kingmaker, @Maylander ?
--

purpleblob

Princess

October 22nd, 2018, 16:11
Hah, yep! Currently playing a Sorcerer, but I've considered a re-roll to Crusader. Seems Kingmaker is a "war of attrition", which means pure, arcane casters are somewhat lacking until very late in the game. Crusader looks to be built for that sort of thing, given the combination of healing and martial prowess.

Edit: I found no pure, arcane casters among the companions though, which is why I'm still sticking to my Sorcerer. I'd like to check them out later in the game, to see if they're anywhere near the D&D version. An alternative would be to use a Pathfinder or whatever they're called, but it's nice to check out companions for now..

Maylander

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Maylander

October 22nd, 2018, 18:12
Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
Hah, yep! Currently playing a Sorcerer, but I've considered a re-roll to Crusader. Seems Kingmaker is a "war of attrition", which means pure, arcane casters are somewhat lacking until very late in the game. Crusader looks to be built for that sort of thing, given the combination of healing and martial prowess.

Edit: I found no pure, arcane casters among the companions though, which is why I'm still sticking to my Sorcerer. I'd like to check them out later in the game, to see if they're anywhere near the D&D version. An alternative would be to use a Pathfinder or whatever they're called, but it's nice to check out companions for now..
I have a Sylvan Sorcerer with a Wolf companion that I am enjoying a lot. Have tried most of the classes with an animal companion - Ranger, Beserker (has a class with animals), and Sorcerer. Also like Sorcerer for high charisma and some dialogue options it provides. Spells are rather boring low level though and he spends more time with a crossbow and his wolf fighting.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

October 23rd, 2018, 12:18
After the latest hotfix, I decided to push on with my first playthrough. I'm well into chapter 5 now. The story just keeps on getting better. Jaethal's personal quest just took a real… interesting turn…
--

purpleblob

Princess

October 23rd, 2018, 13:42
Originally Posted by wolfgrimdark View Post
I have a Sylvan Sorcerer with a Wolf companion that I am enjoying a lot. Have tried most of the classes with an animal companion - Ranger, Beserker (has a class with animals), and Sorcerer. Also like Sorcerer for high charisma and some dialogue options it provides. Spells are rather boring low level though and he spends more time with a crossbow and his wolf fighting.
If you want to try a little more: a cleric with animal domain gets an animal companion at level 4.
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw

Currently playing: -

Morrandir

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

October 23rd, 2018, 15:05
I'll likely get back to this one right after I complete Hero U. I just hope I can remember where I was when I stopped playing!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Pathfinder: Kingmaker » Pathfinder Kingmaker release thread