The TV Series discussion thread

Shit got real on GoT tonight. It wasn't quite as good as the Battle of the Bastards imo, but
we finally got to see a dragon roast people in quantity.
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Shit got real on GoT tonight. It wasn't quite as good as the Battle of the Bastards imo, but

Brienne vs Arya = AAA+

This is the reason why I have to unsubscribe from this interesting thread, again.
If you can't use spoilers, why not start, all of you who wish to discuss specifics/clues in GoT, a different thread called 'comments about last nights episode of GoT'?

Well, bye for now.

This is the reason why I have to unsubscribe from this interesting thread, again.
If you can't use spoilers, why not start, all of you who wish to discuss specifics/clues in GoT, a different thread called 'comments about last nights episode of GoT'?

Well, bye for now.

Dumbledore dies.

She has a point, though. I would say it was a minor spoiler - but they should be avoided.

Yes, definitely. Absolute hate any kind of spoilers. Especially of GoT. Thanks to Eye I didn't scroll higher up...

Finished watching Ozark. Loved it. It's not perfect, it is a Breaking Bad derivative, but well done IMO. Looking forward to season 2. Mrs. Snell is scary.

Say what? I refused to watch Breaking Bad and some spinoff it spawned. If this is it's clone, I'm removing it from my "to watch" list.

Watched the latest episode of GoT.

It reminded me of how fantastic this show could have been with decent writing and a quality plot.

Must admit that scene was very, very impressive in a visual sense.

Personally, I think that's a fitting end for one Jamie Lannister…..to avoid being cooked by a dragon, only to fall into a river and drown due to wearing heavy armour and having only one hand. After he shoved that kid out of a window I've been waiting for this piece of dirt to die, although I was hoping he'd end his sister first before he checked out.

Personally, I think that's a fitting end for one Jamie Lannister…..to avoid being cooked by a dragon, only to fall into a river and drown due to wearing heavy armour and having only one hand. After he shoved that kid out of a window I've been waiting for this piece of dirt to die, although I was hoping he'd end his sister first before he checked out.

Did you miss the spoiler request - or are you just deliberately being an asshole?

Added some spoiler tags to the recent posts. Please be a bit more considerate of people who can't watch current TV show episodes as soon as they are aired, guys.

It reminded me of how fantastic this show could have been with decent writing and a quality plot.
I'm just hoping to be able to read the books that still have to be written. ;)

Say what? I refused to watch Breaking Bad and some spinoff it spawned. If this is it's clone, I'm removing it from my "to watch" list.

It's derivative in terms of the story about a seemingly normal professional finding himself living a life of crime and dealing with the consequences. Still worth watching, but then I loved Breaking Bad & Better Call Saul. Wouldn't call it a clone, YMMV.

I can certainly enjoy a show or book that's capable of being a homage without necessarily copying the source material. There's nothing wrong with acknowledging greatness.

Game of Thrones is a great, truly epic series but it's still loaded with annoying contrivances which is, of course, the nature of the game when dealing with a TV show with beloved, recurring, popular characters. I never miss it. Another consistently excellent, epic series I never miss is Vikings which never tries to soften the characters and stays true to the idea throughout its 4 (soon to be 5) seasons that historical vikings (which actually means "to raid" and was a profession rather than a culture) are- well, vikings - raping and plundering and greedy for treasure. Looking forward to Season 5 with new cast member Jonathan Rhys Meyers as a corrupt warrior bishop.

Wow…Sherilyn Fenn has not aged well. The long-awaited return of Audrey Horne was quite disappointing. :-/

Wait, did she secretly show up on Twin Peaks or somewhere else?

She became notorious on set when she turned into a prima donna and I'm pretty sure that's why no one wanted her back.

In more recent years she's the victim of botched plastic surgery.

(I hope I'm not mixing her up with the other Peaks Girls. Maybe I'm thinking of Piper Laurie.)

Or did she show up on another show?

Personally, I miss the real Sheriff Truman - though I haven't watched the new show yet.

In more recent years she's the victim of botched plastic surgery.

(I hope I'm not mixing her up with the other Peaks Girls. Maybe I'm thinking of Piper Laurie.)

I think you're thinking of Lara Flynn Boyle who looked like an alien grey last time I saw her about 15 years ago due to plastic surgery. I'm afraid to even google a picture of what she might look like now. That is if she's even still around and her alien sisters haven't come to collect her and take her back to their world.

I haven't seen Sherilyn Fenn in ages. She was always cute but when they cast her as Elizabeth Taylor in some long forgotten bio-pic I had to laugh.

Sherilyn Fenn has been on the last two episodes of Twin Peaks.

Speaking of Twin Peaks, the show is going nowhere. There's only 5 episodes left now, and it's becoming a huge disappointment to me.

Back
Top Bottom