Spiders - New Game Annoucement on July 7

Well I disagree as Deck 13 makes Souls clones and alolt more then Spidwers RPGs.

Well, you clearly agree at least in terms of creativity - you said Souls CLONES. :)
Anyway these clones are worse than RPGs that Spiders usually make IMHO.

I disagree. Spiders is better developer. At least in art style, stories, creativity and the games (RPGs) they make.
Well I disagree as Deck 13 makes Souls-like games and based on sales numbers is the better developer. Again I'm talking about sales and that matters to publishers.

Anyway as said already if feels like a niche developer becoming even more of a niche developer. The whole premise of this game just doesn't have mass appeal.

Hopefully it sells like their past games to keep them afloat. This will probably be the first game from Spiders I have minimal interest in. That's sad as I enjoyed their other games.

Well I disagree as Deck 13 makes Souls-like games and based on sales numbers is the better developer.

Because Souls clones are more popular now but it doesnt make Deck13 better developer. That way you could say that most mutiplayer games developers are better than most SP games developers which is clearly not true.

I said what makes better developer for me. For publisher - yes, you are right, they care for sales. But we can have different gameplay/art/story/content-related criteria here, right?

Wonder what Naccon will say when this game doesn't sell well?

Hard to tell.
1. Make multiplayer action game next time. Or…
2. Go back to your Greedfall-like RPG game that sold well in the past.

Hard to tell.
1. Make multiplayer action game next time. Or…
2. Go back to your Greedfall-like RPG game that sold well in the past.
Based on that presentation they don't have many hits. Werewolf: The Apocalypse looks interesting, and that new Vampire looks to be another adventure text game.

On the plus side it's the developer of The Council. Still not an RPG though.:(

Howver, the topic is imho so complicated that no-one will want to make an RPG out of it - video games are NEVER about socialization, only about coming into power.
Find any game from Nitro+ or Nitro+Chiral.
These are visual novels about socialization and no combat/power at all. Unlike most RPGs, in most of these VNs, you can roleplay a slut.

Back
Top Bottom