What games are you playing now? - Page 651 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?

Default What games are you playing now?

September 29th, 2020, 22:26
Started star wars the old republic, kinda boring, lev 26 with a sorcerer after a few hours
--
Favorite Game: Gothic II
My steam profile

porcozaur

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

September 29th, 2020, 23:50
Grim Dawn. Again. Because it's my wife's favoritest of all time games.

FurtiveNyctophile

Watchdog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

October 1st, 2020, 23:18
Played a little bit of Dead Cells. It's pretty cool. Love the mechanics/world and all that. It's very similar to both Spelunky and Hades. I guess that goes without saying, since they're all rogue-likes. But they each have their strengthes.

Spelunky is so far tops in terms of emergent gameplay. You can go from 60 to 0 in a couple of moves, and lose everything. I find it hard to even reach the third level. But in Dead Cells, with the right equipment I'm quite resilient.

Anyways, all three are good to play.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

October 2nd, 2020, 21:51
I have Spelunky, but I didn't play it that far … I guess I need to take a look at it again …
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)

October 3rd, 2020, 01:27
Platforming and metroidvanias are my gotos if I want something light. Good old platforming never gets old. From the videos I have seen the spelunkies never felt right to me. A bit too loose, procedural…

Finally finished risen 3, took me 10 months to get into it and then finished it in a couple of days. Fun, but I start noticing the flaws more and more:
1. Too easy at the end. More so for risen 3 as it's open from the start
2. Beginning is tough, which is fine, but combined with the lackluster and clunky combat it is not very fun. When you get a bit more powerful it is just ok (you just notice it less).

ilm

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

October 3rd, 2020, 21:16
Been playing a bit of Monster Hunter: World, and man am I out of my element on this. It's like it was made for a different culture. Japanese I guess.

It's pretty interesting and some things are cool, but also convoluted. I'm still having great difficulties in fighting with my long sword. I constantly miss my enemies while swinging.

But it's still sufficiently interesting to keep me going. But I fought my first giant beast, just randomly stumbled onto one, and I'm not sure what I'm doing.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

October 4th, 2020, 14:20
Finally bought and will play Borderlands 3 since the last DLC was released.
--
"Good people do all the things bad people do. It's just that when they do them, they call it justice.”

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)

October 4th, 2020, 21:24
tried to delete, forum sucks so it wouldn't let me.
Last edited by azraelck; October 4th, 2020 at 21:34.

azraelck

Angel of Cookies!

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to azraelck

October 5th, 2020, 11:27
DAI - enjoying it as well, keep being blown away by scale

Hurls

Non-twitch gamer

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

October 5th, 2020, 14:23
Originally Posted by danutz_plusplus View Post
Been playing a bit of Monster Hunter: World, and man am I out of my element on this. It's like it was made for a different culture. Japanese I guess.

It's pretty interesting and some things are cool, but also convoluted. I'm still having great difficulties in fighting with my long sword. I constantly miss my enemies while swinging.

But it's still sufficiently interesting to keep me going. But I fought my first giant beast, just randomly stumbled onto one, and I'm not sure what I'm doing.
You can always try different weapons. I'm light bowgun main, sunk in like 700+ hours. Imo, its more fun with friends than playing solo or with randoms. I play with hubby and I'm still enjoying the game a lot.
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

Mentioned: 125 Post(s)

October 5th, 2020, 14:29
I tried MHW on a friend's computer and didn't get it either, @danutz_plusplus. It seems almost like a cosplay festival with beasts to dance around with….

Extremely popular game in Asia though. Millions still seem to play it yearly.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut
aka survivalnut
Last edited by crpgnut; October 5th, 2020 at 14:40.

crpgnut

Survival Game Nut
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

October 5th, 2020, 15:14
Began the Dungeon of Naheulbeuk, but woah is this complicated !
I think I've just become too lazy now over the last years.

I think I've spent half an hour or even more just reading the in-game mechanics explanations.

The first fights - I'm still within the tutorial part of finding all group members again - was fun, but complicated. Lots of thinking. I think I'll enjoy that.
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)

October 5th, 2020, 16:15
Hi there, I am new here. I see that someone started Star Wars, I think I will play it as well))

adamsmitt

Traveler

October 5th, 2020, 19:31
I'm taking a break from EQ2 (Kaladim) until we get the old/new content later this month, so I started a game that I received a few months ago, Persona four. I've only ever played the first game in this series, and I think that was back in ninety seven, so I've not played the second or third. Basically you go to school and maintain a daily routine, while recruiting mates to rescue people that have been taken or gone missing. I'm not really a fan of the daily routine parts, but the searching for the misising folk that involves going into dungeons is pretty neat and fun. So far I've only rescued one missing person.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)

October 5th, 2020, 21:32
Been busy climbing heat levels in Hades, maining the Excalibur cus it's by far the easiest and most OP of weapons I think, and I'm really not a twitch player. Today I finally managed to complete a 32 Heat run, which is kinda the point where you can say you "beat the game" (you can increase up to heat 50+, but for some reason 32 is accepted as the standard for both endgame and speedrunning).

Had more fun than anticipated, quite addictive and well made game. Completely bug free as far as I can tell too, and with a sublime soundtrack. Nobody should miss the opportunity of at least giving it a try.

Nereida

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

October 5th, 2020, 23:48
Wasteland 3 - game looks like shit, loadings are a pain in the ass and the UI is fucking consolish; rest is good, level 11 atm, game is enjoyable
--
My steam profile

porcozaur

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

October 9th, 2020, 04:43
Gave Nier Automata a try. Lasted a little over an hour before uninstalling it.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)

October 9th, 2020, 10:30
Recently discovered Pro Cycling Manager. If you have no interest in cycling then it won't appeal but if you do I highly recommend. The game has two modes - manage a full team of riders or the be a pro mode where you start out as a lowly nobody and work your way up to the top (with yes you guessed it level ups and skill points etc.). I haven't tried the team side of it yet but the be a pro mode is excellent. Been years since I've been so addicted to a game. Anyway this will probably horrify a lot of hardened RPGers but if it sounds up your alley then give it a go.

Oh and no you can't take drugs in it.

BrianOConnell

Watchdog
RPGWatch Donor

October 9th, 2020, 10:33
Originally Posted by BrianOConnell View Post
Recently discovered Pro Cycling Manager. If you have no interest in cycling then it won't appeal but if you do I highly recommend. The game has two modes - manage a full team of riders or the be a pro mode where you start out as a lowly nobody and work your way up to the top (with yes you guessed it level ups and skill points etc.). I haven't tried the team side of it yet but the be a pro mode is excellent. Been years since I've been so addicted to a game. Anyway this will probably horrify a lot of hardened RPGers but if it sounds up your alley then give it a go.

Oh and no you can't take drugs in it.
I'll suggest this one to my brother-in-law. He'll be all over this. I'm sure my sister will thank me.
--
"An era can be considered over when its basic illusions have been exhausted." Arthur Miller

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)

October 10th, 2020, 11:29
the outer worlds

just left the first planet, seems fun so far, great writing and much more interesting with non combat skills; also seems way too easy, weapons and ammo everywhere, started on medium and turned to hard later but even that is piece of cake
--
My steam profile

porcozaur

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?