Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup - Page 33 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Cyberpunk 2077 » Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Default Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

November 3rd, 2020, 05:26
Cyberpunk 2077 - Delay Investors Call, Future Projects, Reasons Behind The Delay

loading…
Good day everyone, today we have a lot to go through after Cyberpunk 2077 was delayed again. Yesterday, CD Projekt had a call with the investors where they talk more about the delay itself and why it happened.
Cyberpunk 2077 Should Be Delayed For Three Years (The Jimquisition)

loading…
Yes, it's time to talk about Cyberpunk 2077 again. The game just got an incredibly short delay, and the threatening response from so-called "fans" has been pathetic and alarming. It's weird that people who claim to love the company and its games were so quick to harass and threaten to kill the people who work there. The protection CDPR's branding gets from people is so far removed from the contempt shown to CDPR's talent. In any case, this exhausting news cycle of a game doesn't need a three week delay. Let's give it the time it needs extend development by three years.
--
"Good people do all the things bad people do. It's just that when they do them, they call it justice.”

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)

November 3rd, 2020, 05:45
Originally Posted by largh View Post
Source - https://phonemantra.com/main-reason-…on-metacritic/

We already knew that the delay was due to current-gen consoles but do they really value Metacritic scores that much? Fake news?
Highly unlikely that they wouldn't have regardless. Now the user scores, who knows. It could be the greatest thing ever and end up with a 3.4 average. But critics, they'll probably score it pretty highly.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

November 13th, 2020, 20:24
So if anyone is still interested the next Night City Wire airs next week on the 19th.

Link - https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-20…next-thursday/
--
"Good people do all the things bad people do. It's just that when they do them, they call it justice.”

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

November 13th, 2020, 20:32
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
So if anyone is still interested the next Night City Wire airs next week on the 19th.

Link - https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-20…next-thursday/
Six months before release date?
--
Sou tricolor de coração!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jäger!

henriquejr

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)

November 13th, 2020, 20:37
Dose not compute not funny.

If it's delayed by another six months I will blow a gasket.

Two weeks ago, CD Projekt delayed Cyberpunk 2077 from its slated release in November until December 10. Today it reaffirmed that launch date, telling IGN that the date is solid.

"As a rule, we don’t comment on rumors or speculation," a rep told the site. "But I will confirm we were just taking time to update all of our assets to reflect the new launch date of December 10th."
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

November 13th, 2020, 21:59
Someone with the Twitter handle "HotVideoGirl" and some numbers (not kidding) claims that she's heard "bad internal stuff" that indicate the game will be delayed again. It might be, but there are also a lot of folks out there who don't share actual information so much as posit that it might be delayed out of a seeming need to feel right when it happens. Lots of people also appear to be rooting for it. Gamers are a self-hating (and each other hating) bunch.

I'm not specifically worried about her tweet or anything else I've heard, but I'm generally nervous. After the lateness of the most recent delay, nothing feels safe. I definitely still don't feel like watching a NCW. My body has taken all the hype it can take, and I'm actively trying not to think about the game at this point.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

November 13th, 2020, 22:31
Cyberpunk 2077…coming Christmas 2021!?
--
To check out my games library, and see what recent games I'm playing, visit my steam profile! -- http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197982351404

Arkadia7

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

November 14th, 2020, 00:25
Originally Posted by JFarrell71 View Post
I'm not specifically worried about her tweet or anything else I've heard, but I'm generally nervous. After the lateness of the most recent delay, nothing feels safe. I definitely still don't feel like watching a NCW. My body has taken all the hype it can take, and I'm actively trying not to think about the game at this point.
NCW stands for … ????
--
Sou tricolor de coração!

henriquejr

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

November 14th, 2020, 00:30
Originally Posted by henriquejr View Post
NCW stands for … ????
Night City Wire

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

November 14th, 2020, 00:32
Night City Wire
My bad here, I thought a lot of things but forgot to see the obvious
--
Sou tricolor de coração!

henriquejr

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

November 14th, 2020, 00:46
Someone with the Twitter handle "HotVideoGirl" and some numbers (not kidding) claims that she's heard "bad internal stuff" that indicate the game will be delayed again. It might be, but there are also a lot of folks out there who don't share actual information so much as posit that it might be delayed out of a seeming need to feel right when it happens. Lots of people also appear to be rooting for it. Gamers are a self-hating (and each other hating) bunch.

Seriously every time I see a person quote, "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever", I just want to reach through their screen and sucker punch them.

Though at this point if I was CDPR just release the damn game already and hold back the older console release. Which by the current info was the reason for the last delay.
--
Last edited by Couchpotato; November 14th, 2020 at 01:24. Reason: missing a y

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

November 14th, 2020, 01:08
Originally Posted by henriquejr View Post
My bad here, I thought a lot of things but forgot to see the obvious
No worries, happens to us all.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

November 14th, 2020, 12:37
I had originally decided not to get this game. Not because I thought it would be bad (given it's CDPR, I suspect it will be very good). But I'm not particularly interested in the cyberpunk genre (you might say I'm particularly uninterested).

However.

Given the activity here, I'm becoming more and more tempted. So I guess I will buy it. And play it. This year. I will stay home from work.

a pibbur who will hold the watchers responsible if he ends up not liking it. Of course.

PS. I'm still not interested in vikings. DS.
--
Over the mountain watching the watcher

a pibbur

Feeling … lonely?

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

November 14th, 2020, 20:35
Cyberpunk 2077 Could Be Delayed AGAIN? CD Projekt Red DENIES Rumor

loading…
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

November 14th, 2020, 22:49
It will still be December 10. Dec 10 2021.

a pibbur who runs and hides, making sure he's got enough popcorn and coke.
--
Over the mountain watching the watcher

a pibbur

Feeling … lonely?

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

November 17th, 2020, 20:11
I know ya'll don't care, but as someone with a mediocre PC who is going to rely on my Xbox One X to play Cyberpunk 2077, very interesting to see some footage on that console for the first time today.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

November 17th, 2020, 22:57
Night City Wire Special: Xbox One X and Xbox Series X Footage

loading…
Cyberpunk 2077, an open-world, action-adventure story from CD PROJEKT RED, is coming to Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, and Google Stadia on December 10th, 2020. The game will also be playable on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 consoles when available.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

November 17th, 2020, 23:25
I know ya'll don't care, but as someone with a mediocre PC who is going to rely on my Xbox One X to play Cyberpunk 2077, very interesting to see some footage on that console for the first time today.
I'll provably be able to play it on high settings at best. Anyway point is play the game on any system you think is best for you. I prefer the PC for mods and cheating.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

November 18th, 2020, 18:12
Reacting To New Cyberpunk 2077 Gameplay On Consoles (Xbox One X & Series X)

loading…
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

November 19th, 2020, 00:38
Cyberpunk 2077 Will Share PlayStation Gameplay Footage Soon
CD Projekt Red says Cyberpunk 2077 is getting a PlayStation showcase video soon, as the first-person RPG approaches its December release.
--

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Cyberpunk 2077 » Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup