Couchpotato's Random RPG News

Does Anyone Read This Thread for News?

• Yes

Votes: 53 89.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters
The Surge 2 Soundtrack Devblog #7 - Games Website
Today we are happy to have BowsToHymns - Helge Borgarts and Thomas Stanger, the composers behind The Surge 2 Original Soundtrack, tell us some interesting anecdotes and their main inspiration on this project.
Divinity: Original Sin II Sourceror Secrets Free DLC Available - Steam
Today we have released our latest Gift Bag: Sourceror Secrets. This new content has been added to your game absolutely free and is filled with new features - including the ability to use your bedroll to restore Source Points and the inclusion of new talents to pick from when you create or respec your character.

The contents of each Gift Bag are accessible via the in-game menu where you can independently enable or disable each individual feature. And all of these new features are compatible with all prior Gift Bags (Beauty Salon, Song Of Nature and Order & Magic.)
Colony Ship Update #41: Closed Combat Beta Begins - Official Forum
Believe it or not, we finally hit this very important milestone. After 3 years of work I can hardly believe it myself (it's a very surreal feeling). Anyway, the first group of colonists is already playing the demo, so far no crashes or other unpleasantries. If everything goes well, we'll add 10-15 people this weekend and keep adding more each week until we have all the missing pieces, then release it to the general public.

What's left to do: replacing some old animations that Ivan never had a chance to finish, female animations and models, coats (the models are nearly done, need to be textured), all customization options including hair and beards, some GUI tweaks here and there, and extra sounds.

Drives me nuts when they release a game like Cyberpunk in the spring. The weather here is finally—finally—turning nice, and suddenly I'm wanting to do nothing but play a fucking video game while the rest of the people in mu life want to go outside!

Wish they'd just delay it to October. Not joking.

Drives me nuts when they release a game like Cyberpunk in the spring. The weather here is finally—finally—turning nice, and suddenly I'm wanting to do nothing but play a fucking video game while the rest of the people in mu life want to go outside!

Don't worry, I'm almost sure your prayers will be heard :p

Welcome back from your trip to Mars!

Procedural World Generation in Path of Exile

A talk by Rhys Abraham, a senior programmer at Grinding Gear Games. Recorded at Exilecon 2019.
Encased Update Plans for 2020 - Steam

Employees, Encased world will be changed significantly in 2020, because of that we are reviving the Development update format. Today we’ll talk about:

• A look back on early access and the first major patch
  • What can you expect in the full version of the game
Which changes are you looking forward to the most?
Mass Effect 2 Suicide Mission Retrospective - Eurogamer
A decade on from Mass Effect 2's release, its finale stands up as some of BioWare's best ever work - and while the game's follow-up certainly competed in its emotional stakes, the Suicide Mission remains unparalleled in terms of its labyrinthine choice complexity. Not that much of this is visible to the player, of course. The best thing about the Suicide Mission is you can go into it blind, hoping you've done everything you can to protect your ship and crew - and still feel a gnawing doubt not everyone will make it out alive. But while this opaqueness makes for a nailbiting ride, it also hides some of BioWare's best decision-made gameplay, as choices here and from throughout your path through the rest of the game converge. It's why this mission fascinates me - long before I saw flowcharts being made to expose its inner workings.
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire A Look at Shops - PC Gamer
Most shops in RPGs are a bit rubbish, aren't they? You might buy the odd potion or a crafting recipe, but the items tend to be overpriced, and you've already found better weapons and armour on the floor in a dungeon somewhere.

Not so in Pillars of Eternity 2. I am determined to get to the end of this chunky RPG, but my progress is slower than I'd like, because I have to check the inventory of every vendor in the game. Feast your eyes on the selection above. Sure, the items are expensive, but how can I walk away from The Amazing and Truly Incredible Instant Potion Belt? It's both amazing AND truly incredible.

Bloodlines 2 Developer Diary #9 - New Year, New Milestone - Website
Hello everyone and Happy 2020!

Last year ended with a bang for us, as you may recall from our last update, the game is now in Alpha which is a very big milestone for the team. After celebrating, a large part of Alpha is to scope the remaining work into manageable pieces and bring them to the next step in development – Content Complete.

At this specific point in development, we are beginning to lock down certain features and quests. This means after extensive internal and external review, the feature or quest is considered complete and all work on the content is finished. This doesn’t mean the feature or quest is done however, as it still needs to be fully tested and reviewed for problems and bugs. We would of course love to tell you everything we’ve already locked down, but hey, spoilers.
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Making a Boss Fight - Xbox Wire
Hello! It’s great talking to all of you. Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire was a fun game to work on and now with it coming to Xbox One I wanted to give you a look into a bit of the process and work that goes into making just one boss fight for this game.

An encounter that I’m quite proud of is the Memory Hoarder fight in The Forgotten Sanctum DLC. As a producer I get a lot of joy out of seeing all the departments come together to build something and this fight is a great example of that.
Solasta: Crown of the Magister Development Update - Website
Up until now we've been mostly sharing screenshots and concept art of levels and dungeons, often giving you the oh-so elusive "we'll share that at a later date" answer to every question about what our main city looks like. Well, no longer! With January's Community being about designing the Mayor of Caer Cyflen, it is high time we show you a bit more about what we want the main hub of our game to look like. As a reminder, these are Concept Art - they represent an intention, not the final product!

The Wayward Realms Spotlight: The Library of Logos

Let's delve into one of the iconic locations you will explore in The Wayward Realms, the mysterious Library of Logos. Hosted by OnceLost Games' design director, Ted Peterson, known as the lead writer and designer of The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall.
Disco Elysium - New Approach to Failure - PC Gamer
Failing the odds in Disco Elysium is the most refreshing change of RPG design I've experienced in years. Instead of relying on a karma system to dictate whether or not I’m doing something wrong, mistakes are sporadic and, frankly, expected. They're not dead-ends. In both of these cases early in the game, failure at the hands of RNG ended up taking me down more interesting story paths. Even when I know the odds are on my side, there’s still a chance of being surprised by the outcome, consequences and absurdity lingering in my mind long after I stop playing.
The Waylanders Update #42 - Companion Story & Background - Kickstarter
Mal is a mid thirties, tough-as-nails butch who loves violence for the sake of violence. Luckily, she has channeled this love into a useful career killing dangerous monsters. She doesn’t talk much, would rather be caught dead than in a dress, and enjoys smelling a little bit like death to keep people from talking to her. If you don’t seem dangerous or interesting, she won’t give you the time of day. The only time she’s seen smiling is when she’s killing something… or licking her knife after doing so.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Bringing Ciri to Life - PC Gamer
Time is short, even in a 60-plus hour RPG, so the team at CD Projekt Red needed to think carefully about how to introduce Ciri to players elegantly and efficiently. "Ciri has a very rich backstory—a princess, child of Elder Blood, heir to the throne of Nilfgaard, a bandit, a magician," says principal writer Jakub Szamalek in reference to just some of Ciri’s adventures in the Witcher Saga. They couldn’t impart each of these formative stories, Szamalek says, knowing that it would be a deluge of backstory.
Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr Content Update 2.2.1 - Steam
New event: Hidden Foes

Enemies of the Imperium have established many hideouts across the subsector in an attempt to avoid righteous prosecution. A special purpose intelligence unit has gathered significant data on these cowardly scum.They shall not avoid their just punishment much longer.
The relevant information shall now be disseminated through secure channels to all Throne Agents. The Conclave expects every opportunity to eradicate the hiding vermin be taken.

Hidden rooms on interior maps will appear far more often than usual. Find as many as you can and eliminate enemies found in them. Event rewards at the end are based on the number of hidden rooms cleared.

Ecru Void Crusade

Gather 5 Ecru Shards to open the brand new Ecru Crusade and complete its challenging missions to receive epic rewards! Fight and defeat the Alpha Legion, Tyranids, and the Aeldari to collect your righteous bounty.

• 25 new missions available
  • Enemy factions in the Ecru Void Crusade: Alpha Legion, Aeldari, Tyranid, Nurgle
Torchlight III - Update 10 Overview - Website
In the last 3 months, Torchlight III has undergone some massive improvements. We’ve changed from F2P to premium; removed horizontal progression; supported a new, better story; added new bosses; dramatically improved the character leveling, monster, and environment pacing; added the 3rd Act - Echonok; dressed up the new Sharpshooter class; and so much more. We are so excited to share all of this with you.

CD PROJEKT Breaks Another Business Record

The Outer Worlds - Exploring New Frontiers of Color - GamesIndustry.biz
There's reason to believe games have a bright future. Well, brightly colored at the very least. Speaking with GamesIndustry.biz recently, Obsidian Entertainment's Daniel Alpert makes an observation about why game developers may feel increasingly comfortable releasing visually vibrant titles like The Outer Worlds, the single-player role-playing game for which he served as art director.
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Previews

1. PC Gamer
  2. PCGamesN
  3. PC World
  4. Shacknews
  5. Twinfinite
  6. PCMag

Gamedec Dev Diary: Introducing Harvest Time

Explore another virtual world from Gamedec – Harvest Time - one of the virtual worlds available in this story-driven, cyberpunk-themed adaptive RPG. As a virtual detective, you investigate multiplayer games where an abuse of power or the exploitation of players may have occurred. In a farming game like Harvest Time, anything is possible behind the scenes. Check the developer diary to see what’s inside one of the worlds from the Gamedec multiverse. Catch a glimpse of what’s going on behind the curtain of the sole source of entertainment for people of the XXII century.
Wasteland 3 Collector’s Edition Revealed - Fig
Wasteland 3 Collector’s Edition backers, we’ve got a treat for you that’s hotter than a reactor core on overload. Fresh from the irradiated forge we have our first images to share.

Before we get to it, we’re gonna ask that you take a seat and buckle in. You might also want to pour yourself some Snake Squeezin’s because the hype is real, and we are here for it. (We already dipped into our own bottle of Squeezin’s. Whatever, let’s proceed.)

We got pretty excited with this Collector’s Edition and wanted to make it the biggest and best we’ve ever done. We hope you like it.​
Solasta: Crown of the Magister - Mayor of Caer Cyflen - Update
The submissions are now closed. First of all, thank you to all participants - we receive no less than thirty nine mayor candidates! We were all very impressed by the overall quality of the submissions, and had a great time reading through all of them. I almost feel like a civil servant of Caer Cyflen, with a fat stack of paper on my desk going through each and every applicant.

That Wasteland 3 CE is really good, especially for only a $95 pledge. Wish I had pledged!

jRqa5KR.jpg

Heh, I just learned Cyberpunk is releasing in the fall now. Guess I don't pay much attention to pre-release news and hype. Good news, in my opinion. I don't game much in the summer, and it's hard to get into a deep RPG unless you spend good, consistent chunks of time with them.

Game Designers Answer your Hardcore Questions

Dmitry V. Silantyev — Wrath Of The Righteous Main Theme

ATOM RPG Patch v1.112 Live - Steam
Today, we're releasing version 1.112. We are doing this because we moved our game to the brand new, improved Unity version 2019.2 which fixes a lot of problems some of you may have experienced in the past, and furthers our game's optimization.

Thank you from BATTLETECH and HBS

Thank you for playing BATTLETECH and being amazing fans. Our final Update 1.9 will release later in February.
Making textures - Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

There are three things you never get tired of watching: burning fire, running water, and other people doing their job well. Today we’ve prepared an extremely sped-up video of our texturing process for character models in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. It took our artist around 52 hours of work to finish this texture! And you are able to watch the whole process in just 6 minutes.

Finally. I played it once when it first came out - and in march i can play it again with the dlc. To be honest i really liked the game (even if the campaign was lamo) when it first came out so i'll get to see if all the changes made it better or worse.

Any clue what the next two game will be (they said they were working on two new non-battletech titles.

Thank you from BATTLETECH and HBS

Back
Top Bottom