Fallout 4 - Music of Fallout 4

Aubrielle

Noveliste
Unmute presents a feature on the music of Fallout 4, composed by the prolific Inon Zur. Zur is also famous for the atmospheric score of Icewind Dale.

As 2015 comes to a close, Unmute will explore the music of two of the year's top games. In this episode, we'll have a conversation with Fallout 4's Inon Zur about his dynamic and thoughtful music for the game.

In the first episode of this series, we looked at the music of Fallout 3, a post-apocalyptic roleplaying game with a fantastic score by Inon Zur, who returned to create a score for Fallout 4, the sequel released on November 10, 2015. I sat down with Inon to talk about the differences between the scores for these games and what makes a video game's music truly original.
More information.

More information.

at least the music and crafting are good

I hate the soundtrack. Both the music and background sounds feel very out of place, more appropriate for some generic fantasy title. This extends to sound effects as well (which Inon Zur obviously had no hand in). With the noticeable exception of the laser rifle sound, many sound effects have little impact.

Some day I'll use the soundtrack of games for background music while working. I've heard a few are quite good but I find it far more immersive to play without music and always turn it off before playing

I only started playing a few days ago, and so far, absolutely love the music.

Thanks Aubrielle for this, I love gaming music and I'm always interested in the stories behind the music.

The ambient music (Zur's) is great and very reminiscent of Gothic 2. Yes Gothic 2 is a fantasy game and Fallout 4 is post apoc, but for me the music works perfectly when your traveling with just a companion or by yourself. For me great music can work in multiple genres and the Fallout score is very good.

Actually, sometimes I just play the Fallout 4 musical intro all the way through. It is a wonderful piece that speaks musically to me. And couple that ear candy with the eye candy of the Power Armor garage and that makes for powerful images that suggests stories that beg to be told. And the Fallout intro still remains powerful, even after playing the game for a while and now you know everything in that garage.

Here is a youtube vid of Zur playing the song unaccompanied. Just him and his piano
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn8fQMRsaqU

I adore the music and think it is very haunting and sad at times. I can't think of any music that could fit the mood of the game better. There is much dark humor and goofy things in the game but at the same time an undercurrent of sadness and despair. I think the music strikes the right chord.

Also enjoy the radio options and song lists. There have been very few times I have not liked in-game music ... and right now I can't even think of a game. Possibly Divine Divinity music sometimes got on my nerves but only parts of it. Probably the only one I can think of.

I have the FO4 sound track on Youtube and listen to it now and then outside of the game.

I love Morgan's OSTs for original games, but I love Zur's exploration themes in Fallout 3 as well.

Fallout 4 has decent music overall, with few standout pieces that are just amazingly atmospheric - namely Rebuild, Renew that plays in Diamond City. It gives the place really amazing sense of place, it is my favourite location in the game.

I enjoy the atmospheric music of Fallout 4 especially the main theme song.

It sets the mood for the whole game, but I guess everyone has a preference.:)

isn't he famous for dragon age and not icewind dale?

Back
Top Bottom