Stargate Worlds - Massively Visits - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Stargate Worlds - Massively Visits

Default Stargate Worlds - Massively Visits

January 13th, 2021, 10:26
Massively have a three page write up of a personal preview of SGW.

We saw gameplay in two contexts. First, we saw canned footage of a firefight on the planet Lucia. Second, we visited the Quality Assurance department and watched testers play the game. The scenario they were playing appeared to be a prison break. From this we acquired a relatively good understanding of the basics of Stargate Worlds' combat. We didn't see any of the other modes of gameplay, but we talked about them a bit in our interview with the directors.

The non-combat gameplay is comprised of various mini-games, each representing a different kind of action such as hacking or conversation. The Archeologist and Scientist archetypes are especially adept at these games. Anyone can do them from anywhere. Let's say you're a soldier who likes shooting everything in sight, and you don't like to do puzzles. If you come across a locked door, you don't have to do the minigame yourself; you can pass it on to a Scientist or Archeologist friend who will solve the puzzle for you -- that friend should be glad to do it, because he or she will gain XP.

The combat is a marriage of traditional MMO gameplay to squad-and-cover-based ranged encounters that you might normally see in something like Gears of War. We were about to mention Tabula Rasa when Balentine -- who was no doubt used to the comparison -- beat us to the punch. He assured us that Stargate Worlds' cover system is a more pivotal part of gameplay. Judging from what we saw, he wasn't pulling our leg. When our QA friend ran out of cover in the midst of a firefight, he promptly dropped dead. Cover isn't just an extra edge; it's necessary.
More information.

woges

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

January 13th, 2021, 18:27
Did I step back in time or what?
Going back to 2008 might be fun knowing what I know now, but I'd rather not do the last 16 months again…..
--
How about all games have a single huge lootbox you pay for up front that contains all the options, items, skins, unlocks etc? I'd pay for that!!

Wisdom

Torch & Pitchfork Vendor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

January 14th, 2021, 16:38
Did anyone else have this show up on their news feed as "new"?
It still shows me it was posted yesterday at 09:26 but nobody else commented on the fact the link goes to a 2008 article.
--
How about all games have a single huge lootbox you pay for up front that contains all the options, items, skins, unlocks etc? I'd pay for that!!

Wisdom

Torch & Pitchfork Vendor
Original Sin 2 Donor

January 14th, 2021, 17:06
Probably a bot that needed approval for it's first post. Just another forum malfunction.
--
"Facts are stubborn things, and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 116 Post(s)

January 14th, 2021, 19:53
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Probably a bot that needed approval for it's first post. Just another forum malfunction.
Can't be a bot as this is a 'news' article. You've got to have admin to post new-news.
The news article itself was posted by Woges "yesterday" which is wrong. Woges is long term ancient member (and rare poster nowadays).

Even if a bot posted on the news article, it wouldn't change the date of the news article itself.

Even weirder, if you go to Woges profile it shows that he made the post….
"https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/sear…rchid=11792403
--

Wisdom

Torch & Pitchfork Vendor
Original Sin 2 Donor

January 14th, 2021, 22:18
Before the current system where a news post automatically creates and entry in the news section on the forum and also keeps it in sync, we had the system where you had to click on a link below a news post when you were the first to add a comment. When submitting that comment, a new entry would be added in the news forum, consisting of the news post and the comment. As they were new new they both would get the date and time of the first comment.

You can't see that, but I can see that a spammer added that first comment and that Arhu banned the spammer and deleted the comment. We ban and delete comments from spammers on a daily basis.
That still means that a news entry for that news post was created and remains to be visible, which is what you see here.
--
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams
There are no facts, only interpretations. Nietzsche
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. Oscar Wilde
Last edited by Myrthos; January 15th, 2021 at 10:16.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
+1:

January 15th, 2021, 01:44
Ha told ya it was a bot/scammer as it happened before.
--
"Facts are stubborn things, and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
+1:

January 15th, 2021, 02:53
Thanks @Myrthos.

sunofabish @Couchpotato right twice in a month.
Fine fine heres my kudos and a trophy
--

Wisdom

Torch & Pitchfork Vendor
Original Sin 2 Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Stargate Worlds - Massively Visits