What games are you playing now?

Deus Ex definitely didn't do it for me, so now I'm starting Wastelands 2.

Shocking ;)

Do you ever find games that you actually like?

a TON of them! In fact, I'd say I like the majority of games I play. I may have complaints about some part or another, but as long as I keep in my type of games (i.e. tactical party based) I'm usually ok. Deus Ex just had a big handicap, being a shooter RPG, but probably a mix of getting it very cheap in some Steam sale, and someone here saying it was really good, made me buy it. But yeah, shooter... not for me. The previous game I finished like a month ago was Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, and I enjoyed it.

Well, the hilarious Steam reviews have sold me on Prison Architect.

I've had this game 2 days and have already sunk about 10 hours into it. So far:
- a dog ate 2 prisoners
- one inmate has some sort of OCD and keeps smuggling power drills into the showers.
- an inmate somehow set his cell on fire. The cell was locked at the time, he didn't make it.
- my prisoners keep escaping into the toilet
10/10

It's like SimCity, but your Sims stab each other.

61 year old convict, Arnold McFluffybottom, punched the toilet in his cell, whereupon he was immediately jumped by 7 guards and beaten unconscious.
Would play again

One day you're trying to figure out why you want to keep prisoners from collecting spoons and the next day the army is trying to forcibly retake your blood soaked prison from prisoners hiding in your armory.

Double-Mac-Bonus!

Civilization IV was broken with OS X 10.10 and the updates to Python/Javascript, and apparently the executable was blacklisted due to some calls ... so Aspyr had to patch it. Works great!

Legend of Grimrock II Mac beta is now available! Yay - love the game, but was waiting for the Mac release to replay.

Well, the hilarious Steam reviews have sold me on Prison Architect.

It's one of the most enjoyable sim/tycoon type game I've played in years. It just oozes personality and charm, which is amazing for a game that's not finished.

baldur's gate 2 ee after i finished the first game :); if i have time til pillars comes out will play icewind dale ee too, all for the first time :D

Wow, you've got quite the fortitude for RTwP isometric RPGs. As much as I love the IE games, I can't play them back to back without getting burned out on them. I like to change up genres or at least play styles (First Person, Third Person, Isometric, turn based, etc) between games to avoid this.

I'm playing huniepop, a kickstarter dating sim/puzzle game. Why? It caught my eye on Steam when looking under rpgs. Supposedly, if it has any type of role, it's an rpg. You do have stats, inventory, shops and stuff, but it's not what anyone here would consider a crpg. It's cute and it was $10, I think. I'm a little surprised that I'm still playing it, but I'm still having fun.

Yea yea, always excuses.
You're playing dating sim because you like it being dating sim! :p

And there is nothing wrong with that really, a pause from mobgrinding is always a good thing.

Playing Banished at the moment. Pretty entertaining and addicting, its a relatively difficult city sim/building game. You build a town from a group of settlers banished (hence the title) from someplace else, fighting off starvation and the elements to keep your people alive. Very fun and nice change of pace from the rpgs I normally play.

Done with DX:HR Director's Cut, Pillars of Eternity is still a few weeks off so I installed Tomb Raider (it came in the bundle when I bought DX:HR Director's Cut).

Never played a Tomb Raider game before. We will see how this goes.

Oh no! Started playing Cities Skyline, I see a black hole of playing time in my near future.

Just so you all know.
Sims 4 forum is going up and down, maintenance kicks in every few seconds and Cities Skylines threads are spreading like mushrooms.

Even if Skyline game isn't that good, angry Simcity fans won't forgive Maxis, obviously.

Re tomb raider, I surprised myself by enjoying it. I didn't like the QTE sections so loaded saves from various sites to skip

I didn't know it had those, almost made me quit right at the beginning but I struggled through it. Not really a fan of the "walk a bit, cutscene, walk a bit, cutscene...repeat 10x" at the beginning of the game either.

Not really a fan of the "walk a bit, cutscene, walk a bit, cutscene…repeat 10x" at the beginning of the game either.

Well that shouldn't be a surprise considering it's from the same publisher that puts out Final Fantasy. :)

That said, I found Tomb Raider to be pretty decent.

Well that shouldn't be a surprise considering it's from the same publisher that puts out Final Fantasy. :)

That said, I found Tomb Raider to be pretty decent.

It's just worst than I expect. At least, they are well animated.

Back
Top Bottom