Getting a PS3...

Signal loss, I guess. The "server" is at the back of the house and gets a bit of loss. I haven't tried video clips and the like but DVD-quality Divx files stutter a lot.

I think the speed of the computer matters. Originally I didn't think so, as I thought "obviously the limited wireless bandwidth is the bottleneck here", but then I replaced my 'media server' (an old 4 year old laptop) for a new much faster laptop (with Windows 7), and things play great now, no stuttering at all, and they're all using the same wireless router. PS3, laptop and router are all in my bedroom though so that might be why I have no problems.

We moved into a really big house with server in basement, was having loss issues until I put repeaters throughout ... all apple airport stuff, now we are great.

Hey PS3 folks:
- Uncharted 2 Demo is out on PSN today (North America at least)
- Heavy Rain demo due out Feb 11

Uncharted 2 demo is out down here, too - thanks. Heavy Rain looks very interesting but it needs the demo because the actual gameplay is unclear.

Did you play Indigo Prophecy (Fahrenheit)? It is the next game by the same folks ... and according to an editor from another site I do stuff for who has an early review copy, it is evolutionary gameplay from that.

Am I the only one who enjoyed Little Big Planet?

Did you play Indigo Prophecy (Fahrenheit)? It is the next game by the same folks … and according to an editor from another site I do stuff for who has an early review copy, it is evolutionary gameplay from that.

No, I often meant to but never got around to it. I haven't played a "pure" adventure game for a decade or two.

Am I the only one who enjoyed Little Big Planet?

I enjoyed the demo a bit, not enough to buy the full game though. I can see how it's fun, especially if you have friends that are also playing it, but it's really not my cup of tea.

I almost went for the Uncharted 2 demo yesterday but the 1.9GB download put me off. I don't think I need to play the demo anyways, I like Uncharted enough to buy Uncharted 2 without trying it first.

I enjoyed the demo a bit, not enough to buy the full game though. I can see how it's fun, especially if you have friends that are also playing it, but it's really not my cup of tea.

I almost went for the Uncharted 2 demo yesterday but the 1.9GB download put me off. I don't think I need to play the demo anyways, I like Uncharted enough to buy Uncharted 2 without trying it first.

1.9Gb? That's interesting. It was 3Gb for me, here.

Are those the download or install sizes? Not sure with PS3 but with the PSP Sony are funky with those things.

3064Mb here - definitely the download because it took me a couple of goes to realise "download in background" excludes pretty much everything (like watching a DVD), so I sat and watched it count the megabytes.

Maybe we get an "international" version with extra languages or something. Awesome game - pity the demo doesn't save at all. I quit for dinner and lost the progress.

You can play games or other demos while it's downloading.

I also downloaded the demo today, and I agree, it *is* awesome.

I'll be interested to hear what you think of the Heavy Rain demo.

You can play games or other demos while it's downloading.

I also downloaded the demo today, and I agree, it *is* awesome.

Yeah, but I agreed with Kayla not to monopolise the TV, so DVD was required. I'm not sure why it has this restriction - playing a game would be far more demanding.

Saw some more Heavy Rain footage at Gametrailers TV - it does look interesting.

While i couldnt stand the game when i did have my ps3, DEMON SOULS is supposed to be good being GotY on a couple of sites.

Back
Top Bottom