Irma

Well, as long as you have coffee, I guess… eh… you DO have coffee, right?

pibbur who hopes the 13th JDR, his dog, his property, family and all parts of his computer system stay safe through the ordeal.

Or, instead of gaming, start bodypainting, like I did. ;)

(As you see I do anything just to please JDR13 in these scary times…. )

Last edited:
Hey Hey JDR! You still got power! Glad to see. Glad to hear! We love you, Waiting for the storm to pass. Keep keepin' your head down.

Best Regards.

__

Whew... It's finally passed. I was lucky as my house doesn't seem to have substained any damage, but I have no power or cel service. I'm using the mobile hotspot in my truck for web access. :thumbsup:

... and you still have a truck, as opposed to a boat with wheels. ;)

Definitely good news! That storm surge forecast looked pretty nasty for the SW.

And today I get the remnants of Irma in Atlanta, it's been raining and windy all night long, Atlanta got its first ever tropical storm warning, guess I should go to the supermarket and get extra beers and nachos.

Well, good! Glad to see that protection charm did it's mojo. :)

Storm of Vengeance

9th-level Conjuration
Casting Time 1 action
Range Sight
Components V, S
Duration Concentration up to 1 minute

A churning storm cloud forms, centered on a point you can see and spreading to a radius of 360 feet. Lightning flashes in the area, thunder booms, and strong winds roar. Each creature under the cloud (no more than 5,000 feet beneath the cloud) when it appears must make a Constitution saving throw. On a failed save, a creature takes 2D6 thunder damage and becomes deafened for 5 minutes.

Each round you maintain concentration on this spell, the storm produces additional effects on your turn.

Round 2. Acidic rain falls from the cloud. Each creature and object under the cloud takes 1D6 acid damage.

Round 3. You call six bolts of lightning from the cloud to strike six creatures or objects of your choice beneath the cloud. A given creature or object can’t be struck by more than one bolt. A struck creature must make a Dexterity saving throw. The creature takes 10D6 lightning damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.

Round 4. Hailstones rain down from the cloud. Each creature under the cloud takes 2D6 bludgeoning damage.

Round 5-10. Gusts and freezing rain assail the area under the cloud. the area becomes difficult terrain and is heavily obscured. Each creature there takes 1D6 cold damage. Ranged weapon attacks in the area are impossible. The wind and rain count as a severe distraction for the purposes of maintaining concentration on spells. Finally, gusts of strong wind (ranging from 20 to 50 miles per hour) automatically disperse fog, mists, and similar phenomena in the area whether mundane or magical.

--

Animal Companion is also useful JDR

3:30 pm Monday and still no power or phone. Some trees down in my neighborhood, but nothing really bad from what I've seen so far. 5 reported deaths in SW Florida which is probably far below what was expected.

Stay safe JDR. Given no electricity, I hope you have a good book or two to curl up to :)

I was in India few years ago, when they had one of these monsoon rains and it was flooded everywhere and no power and lucky I had couple of good book with me, otherwise I would have died of the boredom before the misquotes got me!

Glad it seems to have passed you by (mostly) unscathed, JDR. Those pictures look nasty.

I'm still blown away (too early?) by the sheer size of the storm. I know it wasn't the biggest on record, but being the size of Florida and then some is terrifying to me.

Harvey and Irma have caught my interest lately, though. I'm now starting to observe weather patterns (specifically hurricanes) on a regular basis.

Last edited:
So last night I finally drag the generator out of the garage, untangle a bunch of extension cords, run them throughout the house, hook up a few appliances, start the generator… all for nothing because 5 minutes later our power was restored. :)

Still no internet though. Fucking Comcast…

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom