What games are you playing now? - Page 594 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?

Default What games are you playing now?

March 9th, 2019, 09:35
Staving off the alien horde in
Drithius is offline

Drithius

Drithius's Avatar
Laughing Gnome

#11861

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 4,638
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Default 

March 9th, 2019, 12:06
Everspace. An arcadish space shooter, with rogue-lite elements. Needs the expansion to feel a bit more "alive".

PS: It's pretty good to fill short breaks for me.
Last edited by Cacheperl; March 9th, 2019 at 15:24.
Cacheperl is online now

Cacheperl

Cacheperl's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch
RPGWatch Donor

#11862

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,498
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Default 

March 9th, 2019, 14:34
Enderal. I ran out of quests to do at my level. I have all 3 star quests ( for around lvl 30) but I'm only lvl 18 with low skills. I hate buying stuff in games so I only level up skills I find "in the wild". Looks like that isn't going to fly here so I'll have to break open the wallet to spend my 86 unused learning points! Then I'll go exploring to get levelled.
--
If you have no other choice but to kill, you have failed.
Ntwa kgolo ke ya molomo
Philistine is offline

Philistine

Sentinel
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#11863

Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 362
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default 

March 9th, 2019, 15:42
You are definitely going to have to spend cash to get some skill-ups in Enderal. If it helps any, I'll tell you now it will completely worth the time and effort.

I'm delving deeper into the Great Gaias, I ran into one battle with Raziel that saw me have to do three reloads to finally pull out a victory. Maybe I was at this area a bit too early, that or they expected you to grind a bit, it was by far the toughest fight I've had in this game to date.
Carnifex is offline

Carnifex

SasqWatch

#11864

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ormond Beach, FL.
Posts: 9,650
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

Default 

March 10th, 2019, 01:19
Do we have a '(small) annoyances in currently playing game' thread?

Mad max. The long-winded animations for picking up stuff. Notable, each time I eat a can of (dog) food |I want to rip my hair out. Ok, it is not *that* long but for actions you do often the animations should be short, or shouldn't interrupt gameplay. Similarly, who thought it is a good idea to require a long-press of a button to pickup items (with accompanying circle that fills up). I can understand it for breaking down doors, emblems, etc. but not for picking up scrap metal.

Speaking of open-world games. We all hate grinding right (if not, speak up or be forever silent)? I was wondering which game exactly started it: collecting feathers (AC), clearing out bandit camps (mad max), etc. Was it WoW that started it all or was there something before? I can't remember, e.g., Dungeon siege 2 having any grinding at all (just to pick up something that is also action oriented).

I suppose some fetch quests could enable exploration a bit (like visiting each lookout tower in interesting locations).
ilm is offline

ilm

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

#11865

Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,143
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Default 

March 10th, 2019, 02:23
Originally Posted by ilm View Post
Do we have a '(small) annoyances in currently playing game' thread?

Mad max. The long-winded animations for picking up stuff. Notable, each time I eat a can of (dog) food |I want to rip my hair out. Ok, it is not *that* long but for actions you do often the animations should be short, or shouldn't interrupt gameplay. Similarly, who thought it is a good idea to require a long-press of a button to pickup items (with accompanying circle that fills up). I can understand it for breaking down doors, emblems, etc. but not for picking up scrap metal.

Speaking of open-world games. We all hate grinding right (if not, speak up or be forever silent)? I was wondering which game exactly started it: collecting feathers (AC), clearing out bandit camps (mad max), etc. Was it WoW that started it all or was there something before? I can't remember, e.g., Dungeon siege 2 having any grinding at all (just to pick up something that is also action oriented).

I suppose some fetch quests could enable exploration a bit (like visiting each lookout tower in interesting locations).

I don't hate grinding, but I don't like being forced to grind.

Anyway grindings been around a very, very long time. I remember grinding Murphy's Ghosts in wizardry 1 in the early 80"s.

OT, Just started playing Detroit: become human. First hour is intriguing.
Last edited by sakichop; March 10th, 2019 at 05:02. Reason: Grammar
sakichop is offline

sakichop

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#11866

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,859
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Default 

March 10th, 2019, 02:34
Still on Evil Within-2 between trips. I think the story is decent (or the presentation of the story); the controls and save are wonky but as long as the story keeps me interested I'll keep going. Not a bad game really if you like that sort of stuff. I didn't play the first (story wise it is said they are releated) but I hear the 1st have worse controls and these are already pretty bad.
you is offline

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

#11867

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: usa - boston
Posts: 6,910
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Default 

March 10th, 2019, 02:34
Is the detroit the name of a game or a place in a game ?

Originally Posted by sakichop View Post
I don't hate grinding, but I don't like being forced to grind.

Anyway grindings been around very a very, very long time. I remember grinding Murphy's Ghosts in wizardry 1 in the early 80"s.

OT, Just started playing Detroit: become human. First hour is intriguing.
you is offline

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

#11868

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: usa - boston
Posts: 6,910
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Default 

March 10th, 2019, 02:45
Originally Posted by you View Post
Is the detroit the name of a game or a place in a game ?
Both, its ps4 game.
sakichop is offline

sakichop

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#11869

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,859
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Default 

March 10th, 2019, 17:31
Originally Posted by sakichop View Post
OT, Just started playing Detroit: become human. First hour is intriguing.
Originally Posted by sakichop View Post
its ps4 game.
Yeah, the developer seems to have enough of exclusivity bullshit holding a game hostage thus meaning less money earned, thus teamed up with NetEase to bring future games to nonSony platforms:
https://venturebeat.com/2019/01/29/w…e-platforms/2/
GamesBeat: Are you still going to focus on Sony platforms? Or will you spread out to new platforms?

Guillaume de FondaumiŤre: We will continue to work on PlayStation, which is a platform we love and that we know very well. but we will also consider other platforms as we want to make our creations accessible to as many gamers as possible worldwide, regardless of the platform. This is definitely a shift for us after 12 years developing exclusively for PlayStation. But at the same time we have developed engines on PC, Dreamcast, Xbox, PS2, PS3, PS4, and PS4 Pro. Thus, we are confident we can make a smooth transition while keeping the high level of quality that we target for our games.
Just so you know, I've seen a few articles and vids about this game and it didn't look like something I'd go for right away but subconsciously felt it could be a nice backlog addition on some steam sale… I also didn't know it's playstation exclusive till now. Ah, well, if Sony doesn't want my money, there are always lootboxes to spend $ on instead.
--
Toka Koka
joxer is offline

joxer

joxer's Avatar
The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#11870

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 20,891
Mentioned: 128 Post(s)

Default 

March 10th, 2019, 19:12
Trying to give a go at Skyrim for a bazillion time. The plan was to go modless (outside SkyUI and unofficial patch) and actually do the main quest for once and play the DLCs.

But the temptation was too much and tus I installed a bunch of mods because:
- default game facial stuff is really low quality
- spells scale like crap, DLC spells aren't available in the base game areas and its missing some classics from previous TES games
- a leveled list re-balance because I prefer finding cool things than useless items when I open a boss's chest or a dragon's belly.
- I saw an interesting AI overhaul on the Nexus and decided to try it

Hopefully this last me for a little while.
--
It's developer is owned by Sony which means it'll remain a hostage of inferior hardware. ~ joxer
azarhal is offline

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#11871

Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 7,241
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Default 

March 10th, 2019, 20:26
Check those corners, @vurt!

That was one INCREDIBLE mod back in the day.
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their viewsÖ.
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"
Zloth is offline

Zloth

Zloth's Avatar
I smell a… wumpus!?

#11872

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 6,355
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

March 11th, 2019, 05:42
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Trying to give a go at Skyrim for a bazillion time. The plan was to go modless (outside SkyUI and unofficial patch) and actually do the main quest for once and play the DLCs.

But the temptation was too much and tus I installed a bunch of mods because:
- default game facial stuff is really low quality
- spells scale like crap, DLC spells aren't available in the base game areas and its missing some classics from previous TES games
- a leveled list re-balance because I prefer finding cool things than useless items when I open a boss's chest or a dragon's belly.
- I saw an interesting AI overhaul on the Nexus and decided to try it

Hopefully this last me for a little while.
Yeah, modding is great but also a disease. I have over 600 hrs between Skyrim and Skyrim se and Iíve never beaten the main quest. As a matter of fact the only major quest line Iíve beaten is the thieves guild.

I spend most of my hours install 100ís of mods and then just running of in what ever direction discovering content. I have no idea if itís Bethesda made or mod and donít much care. Itís all very enjoyable.
sakichop is offline

sakichop

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#11873

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,859
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Default 

March 11th, 2019, 15:06
Originally Posted by sakichop View Post
Yeah, modding is great but also a disease.
Once you start to install mods you never stop…so yes, a disease.

The other problem of Skyrim is deciding what to play. I'm trying to be a "paladin" this time around: no stealing, using only restoration, conjuration (that's where banishing spells are), one-handed&shield, a crossbow and heavy armor.

Trying is the big word, old habits tend to come back (sneaking around, stealing, using destructions…).
--
It's developer is owned by Sony which means it'll remain a hostage of inferior hardware. ~ joxer
azarhal is offline

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#11874

Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 7,241
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

March 12th, 2019, 00:27
I'm still playing PoE2 in turn based mode. I'm enjoying the game much more than the first one - the humour, exploration, combat, everything just feels much better. The only thing I'm not enjoying are the text based ship to ship combat sections, which are poorly explained and not much fun.

I'm only 20hrs in though, about six weeks after starting, which sucks. Gaming time is limited at present. I'm looking forward to the day when I can get a damn good session in again!
Pongo is offline

Pongo

Pongo's Avatar
SasqWatch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#11875

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Basingstoke UK
Posts: 1,600
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

Default 

March 12th, 2019, 00:43
Originally Posted by Pongo View Post
I'm only 20hrs in though, about six weeks after starting, which sucks. Gaming time is limited at present. I'm looking forward to the day when I can get a damn good session in again!
I'm in the same boat lately. To much RL stuff going on right now. I'm lucky to get an hour a day for gaming.

I'm still playing Metro Exodus. Excellent game btw. One of the better non-RPGs I've played lately.
JDR13 is offline

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#11876

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 26,538
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)

Default 

March 12th, 2019, 04:19
Originally Posted by Pongo View Post
I'm still playing PoE2 in turn based mode. I'm enjoying the game much more than the first one - the humour, exploration, combat, everything just feels much better. The only thing I'm not enjoying are the text based ship to ship combat sections, which are poorly explained and not much fun.

I'm only 20hrs in though, about six weeks after starting, which sucks. Gaming time is limited at present. I'm looking forward to the day when I can get a damn good session in again!
What happened to your Kingmaker run?
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley
purpleblob is offline

purpleblob

purpleblob's Avatar
Princess

#11877

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 3,510
Mentioned: 74 Post(s)

Default 

March 12th, 2019, 08:56
Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
What happened to your Kingmaker run?
Temporarily on hold. Partly because they're still adding content (they released a massive patch just as I started playing); but mainly because I knew I was going to have a period where I struggled to find gaming time. I though I'd enjoy it more if I wasn't having to take week-long breaks all the time and I could dedicate proper time to it.

I then fired up PoE2 "just to have a quick look" and got hooked. It's really good. Hopefully by the time I finish it I'll be back to normal and I can put aside a nice block of time to enjoy Kingmaker.
Pongo is offline

Pongo

Pongo's Avatar
SasqWatch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#11878

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Basingstoke UK
Posts: 1,600
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

Default 

March 12th, 2019, 09:43
Originally Posted by sakichop View Post
I spend most of my hours install 100ís of mods and then just running of in what ever direction discovering content. I have no idea if itís Bethesda made or mod and donít much care. Itís all very enjoyable.
That sums up quite nicely my own play time in Skyrim too.

Going from Factorio to Roguetech and back until some RPG game breaks the endless loop.
ChatMiauleur is offline

ChatMiauleur

Sentinel

#11879

Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 262
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

March 12th, 2019, 14:44
I think I'm done adding mods to Skyrim, I'm really happy with the "small fixes" I installed. Now that the "game before the game" is done, I can actually play, for real (or decide to install Wintersun and restart to have faith-based mechanicsÖ).

Anyway, I now have a low level "Paladin". I did switch conjuration for alteration though.

Now I remember why I find TES games awesome! Well, as much awesome as trashing wolves and a bandits camp or two in areas I have seen an hundred times can be. Although, that bandit leader getting killed by his own trap was awesome.

I'm also digging "sword and board" gameplay.
--
It's developer is owned by Sony which means it'll remain a hostage of inferior hardware. ~ joxer
azarhal is offline

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#11880

Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 7,241
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:59.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by DragonByte Security (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright by RPGWatch