Kickstarter campaign to launch for fans of retro RPGs - Press Release at Renderosity - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Kickstarters » Kickstarter campaign to launch for fans of retro RPGs - Press Release at Renderosity

Default Kickstarter campaign to launch for fans of retro RPGs - Press Release at Renderosity

November 6th, 2018, 22:56
My Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign for Imperium Omni, the RPG Unreal Engine game of my novel, just had our first Press Release, and it was picked up by Renderosity Magazine. Great article featuring the new teaser-tralier! https://magazine.renderosity.com/art…-of-retro-rpgs

Check it out, I'd love to know what you think!

Matt

mattt8

Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

November 9th, 2018, 00:23
Well, I'm not a big fan of real time combat / action RPGs in general (which this seems to be). But I'm curious: how is this a retro RPG? Obviously the graphics are not AAA, but aside from dated 3D graphics… is there anything retro about the gameplay?
--
Currently Playing: Heroine's Quest, Quest For Infamy, Planescape: Torment

daveyd

Turn-based lifeform
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

November 9th, 2018, 00:24
Originally Posted by mattt8 View Post
My Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign for Imperium Omni, the RPG Unreal Engine game of my novel, just had our first Press Release, and it was picked up by Renderosity Magazine. Great article featuring the new teaser-tralier! https://magazine.renderosity.com/art…-of-retro-rpgs

Check it out, I'd love to know what you think!

Matt
Thanks for sharing I'll keep an eye on your project.
--
"Remember EA thinks Single-player games are dead & gamers are all basically idiots."

Check out my news Thread it's updated weekly.

Couchpotato

Anti-EA Supporter

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)

November 9th, 2018, 23:44
Originally Posted by daveyd View Post
Well, I'm not a big fan of real time combat / action RPGs in general (which this seems to be). But I'm curious: how is this a retro RPG? Obviously the graphics are not AAA, but aside from dated 3D graphics… is there anything retro about the gameplay?
Hi! Glad you asked! The teaser-trailer doesn't give the MAP-Based UI (which is Turn Based indeed!) enough time to shine. Think of it kindof like the blend that Heroes of Might and Magic did; your primary means of navigation and interaction is all map-based, and there are various 'static' animations also, like when you visit shops and such. But combat, you are correct, is real-time 3D using Unreal 4.0 . But the majority of your interactions are based on classic map/turn play. I hope that helps to answer your question!
Matt

mattt8

Traveler

+1:

November 9th, 2018, 23:49
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Thanks for sharing I'll keep an eye on your project.
Thanks so much, and I'll check out your thread!

mattt8

Traveler

Tags
crowdfunding, kickstarter, retro, rpg, unreal
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Kickstarters » Kickstarter campaign to launch for fans of retro RPGs - Press Release at Renderosity