ATOM RPG - Dead City Trailer - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » ATOM RPG - Dead City Trailer

Default ATOM RPG - Dead City Trailer

May 29th, 2019, 12:44
A new trailer titled 'Dead City' for ATOM RPG.

loading…

Here's a cinematic trailer we made for the upcoming ATOM RPG - Dead City Update. Only two days to go. See you on the 29th! Available for Linux, Mac OSX, and Windows.
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)

May 29th, 2019, 15:59
Brought to you by the letter M!
--
contributed to: Age of Decadence | Dead State | Dungeon Rats | Battle Brothers | Fell Seal:Arbiter's Mark
working on: Colony Ship RPG | Stygian:Reign of the Old Ones | Encased | ATOM RPG | Realms Beyond

screeg

floating head

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

May 29th, 2019, 17:49
Are you sure? That maybe looks like an O behind it. Psst, buddy, wanna buy an O?
loading…

Capt. Huggy Face

Aging Gamer
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

+1:

May 29th, 2019, 19:39
Sooo… should I wait or should I go?

Darkheart

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

May 29th, 2019, 20:07
I'm still waiting, as I prefer to enter a game when all the content is set and fully established. I've heard such good reviews from mates and this board that waiting has been quite the chore!!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
+1:

May 29th, 2019, 20:33
I played quite a bit of this, pretty decent game. Gives serious Fallout 1, type vibes. The translation isn't perfect, but not bad either.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut

crpgnut

Grumpy Role Player
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)

May 29th, 2019, 22:01
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
I've heard such good reviews from mates and this board that waiting has been quite the chore!!
yup.. i gave it a try, it seem good, but im gonna wait until it has all content + its completely patched, so probably a year more or something.
--
Latest creations: Fallout NV: A Wasteland in Bloom / Fallout NV: WFO v3.2

vurt

serial 𝓶𝓸𝓭𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓻

May 29th, 2019, 22:14
This and Insomnia: The Ark were both released way too soon. It seems like the devs are doing a great job though with patching and releasing new content on a regular basis.

Should be a great game when it's finished. Hopefully Insomnia will be as well.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)

May 30th, 2019, 03:35
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
The translation isn't perfect, but not bad either.
Good news is the English translation is being revamped, start to finish. Bad (?) news is they've promised a ton more content, the ultimate goal to be 3x that of the initial release.
--
contributed to: Age of Decadence | Dead State | Dungeon Rats | Battle Brothers | Fell Seal:Arbiter's Mark
working on: Colony Ship RPG | Stygian:Reign of the Old Ones | Encased | ATOM RPG | Realms Beyond

screeg

floating head

May 30th, 2019, 07:59
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
I'm still waiting, as I prefer to enter a game when all the content is set and fully established. I've heard such good reviews from mates and this board that waiting has been quite the chore!!
the game is done, however there will be an addon later this year.
--
Everyone thinks i am crazy, but i am just adjusting to my environment.

ikbenrichard

Fulltime RPGWatcher
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

May 30th, 2019, 11:30
Originally Posted by ikbenrichard View Post
the game is done, however there will be an addon later this year.
It's not done. I'm also glad i didn't listen in december last year when people here said "it's done, you should play now".

Lots of additions and tons of bug fixes since then that i wouldn't want to be without. So let me come back here in 2020 and give you a changelog from may 2019 - 2020 I'm sure it will be quite extensive.

Also. Even when devs says "it's final" don't listen. It's usually not. I can list numerous games where devs said it's final. Battle Brothers even had a patch named "final version", dev said it was time to move on and do something else. It's been patched like 10 times since then + even had addons which they spent a lot of time with.
--

vurt

serial 𝓶𝓸𝓭𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓻

May 30th, 2019, 12:31
Originally Posted by vurt View Post
It's not done. I'm also glad i didn't listen in december last year when people here said "it's done, you should play now".

Lots of additions and tons of bug fixes since then that i wouldn't want to be without. So let me come back here in 2020 and give you a changelog from may 2019 - 2020 I'm sure it will be quite extensive.

Also. Even when devs says "it's final" don't listen. It's usually not. I can list numerous games where devs said it's final. Battle Brothers even had a patch named "final version", dev said it was time to move on and do something else. It's been patched like 10 times since then + even had addons which they spent a lot of time with.
It is:

We would like to use this post mostly to thank you all for the motivation, unique ideas, kind words of praise and endless support. We told this to you multiple times now, yet these words never lost their sincerity and meaning for us: without you, there would be no game, especially of this magnitude. You, our dear players, are the ones who shaped it starting with Kickstarter and the Early Access versions.

This final version of the game is truly your achievement, as much as it is ours.

sure there might be more fixes but come on, you can wait forever if you want to.
--

ikbenrichard

Fulltime RPGWatcher
Original Sin 2 Donor

May 30th, 2019, 13:14
sure there might be more fixes but come on, you can wait forever if you want to.
Of course there are many more patches to come. This is a very big patch with NEW, content which means tons of new bugs.

Now is the absolutely worst time to start a game i would say. Wait for at least 1 or two more patches. No you don't need to wait forever, for any game, there's a time when development is 100% "finished" (it's never finished, but devs must move on at some point), and that is not where this game is right now.
--

vurt

serial 𝓶𝓸𝓭𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓻

May 30th, 2019, 14:36
Dunno about december but I played the game cca a month or two ago and said go for it.
Waiting for Godot will only encourage other developers to waste time on irrelevance and stall sequels.

Sure, the masterplan "better AI" does sound awsome, but cmon. A RPG doesn't need to be Stockfish 9. Regardless what gets changed, Atom won't be.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)

May 30th, 2019, 14:56
It is:

We would like to use this post mostly to thank you all for the motivation, unique ideas, kind words of praise and endless support. We told this to you multiple times now, yet these words never lost their sincerity and meaning for us: without you, there would be no game, especially of this magnitude. You, our dear players, are the ones who shaped it starting with Kickstarter and the Early Access versions.

This final version of the game is truly your achievement, as much as it is ours.

I asked the developer directly last week about the rumor about tons of new content (not bug patches or game balancing) and he replied, "The rumors are true "

Also, this thread is about a trailer for new content that hasn't been released yet, so I'm not sure how anyone can say the game is content complete…
--

screeg

floating head

May 30th, 2019, 15:38
The game was complete. Whatever they're adding now is basically an additional DLC that in a perfect world would be a part of ATOM RPG 2.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)

May 30th, 2019, 16:33
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
Dunno about december but I played the game cca a month or two ago and said go for it.
Waiting for Godot will only encourage other developers to waste time on irrelevance and stall sequels.

Sure, the masterplan "better AI" does sound awsome, but cmon. A RPG doesn't need to be Stockfish 9. Regardless what gets changed, Atom won't be.
No you said back in march (quote) "It's going to be no new content"
https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42267

and since then quite a bit of new content has been added

My advice: don't listen to people on rpgwatch when it comes to "it's done."
--

vurt

serial 𝓶𝓸𝓭𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓻

May 30th, 2019, 17:01
Of course there are many more patches to come. This is a very big patch with NEW, content which means tons of new bugs.

Now is the absolutely worst time to start a game i would say. Wait for at least 1 or two more patches. No you don't need to wait forever, for any game, there's a time when development is 100% "finished" (it's never finished, but devs must move on at some point), and that is not where this game is right now.
waiting is no problem ;-), metro and battle brothers is my game at the moment.
--

ikbenrichard

Fulltime RPGWatcher
Original Sin 2 Donor

May 30th, 2019, 17:02
Originally Posted by screeg View Post
I asked the developer directly last week about the rumor about tons of new content (not bug patches or game balancing) and he replied, "The rumors are true "

Also, this thread is about a trailer for new content that hasn't been released yet, so I'm not sure how anyone can say the game is content complete…
It is released.
--

ikbenrichard

Fulltime RPGWatcher
Original Sin 2 Donor

May 30th, 2019, 17:42
yup, dead cities is released and the developer says it finished too, but i bet there will be more patches due to all the new content.
--

vurt

serial 𝓶𝓸𝓭𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓻

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » ATOM RPG - Dead City Trailer