HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Bioware is overhauling Anthem:

Anthem Update

Hey everyone!

One year ago, we were preparing to launch Anthem - a game that represented a big leap into new territory for us as a studio. It was an exhilarating and terrifying experience to go out to the world with something new and different, and we are grateful to all the players who have come along with us on the journey. It has been a thrill for us to see the creativity of our players in designing customized Javelins, and watching them master Anthem's flying and fighting gameplay. I am so proud of the work the team has put into this game, and at the same time there's so much more that we - and you - would have wanted from it.

Over the last year, the team has worked hard to improve stability, performance and general quality of life while delivering three seasons of new content and features. We have also heard your feedback that Anthem needs a more satisfying loot experience, better long-term progression and a more fulfilling end game. So we recognize that there's still more fundamental work to be done to bring out the full potential of the experience, and it will require a more substantial reinvention than an update or expansion. Over the coming months we will be focusing on a longer-term redesign of the experience, specifically working to reinvent the core gameplay loop with clear goals, motivating challenges and progression with meaningful rewards - while preserving the fun of flying and fighting in a vast science-fantasy setting. And to do that properly we'll be doing something we'd like to have done more of the first time around - giving a focused team the time to test and iterate, focusing on gameplay first.

In the meantime, we will continue to run the current version of Anthem, but move away from full seasons as the team works towards the future of Anthem. We'll keep the game going with events, store refreshes, and revisiting past seasonal and cataclysm content - starting with our anniversary towards the end of the month.

Creating new worlds is central to our studio mission, but it's not easy. Sometimes we get it right, sometimes we miss. What keeps us going is the support from players like you. Your feedback gives us guidance on how we can improve, and your passion inspires us with the courage to create. I look forward to working together with your involvement and feedback towards the best possible future for Anthem.

Casey Hudson (BioWare General Manager)
Thanks Lucky Day!

More information.

If they really listened to fan feedback Bioware wouldn't be making looter shooters.

If they really listened to fan feedback Bioware wouldn't be making looter shooters.
Have to please the EA overlords and shareholders.:mwahaha:

Have to please the EA overlords and shareholders.:mwahaha:
Let me guess, you are a shareholder? :) Profiting of the backs of the mainstream gamers (like you should).

Actually I took a look at EA stock. It went from 94 dollar on anthem's release (22 Feb 2019) to 109 dollar. Nothing spectacular.

Let me guess, you are a shareholder? :) Profiting of the backs of the mainstream gamers (like you should).
Matter of fact I am only a couple hundred shares though.:devilish:

Basically I earn a few hundred a year on dividends that's all.

Not important to EA at all.:(

EA has other more important problems than caring about the failed live service:

tyg7ESF.jpeg

Man there was a time where I totally would have bought stock in EA, especially Bioware. I might give Anthem another go, depending.. It had some good things in it, I just felt I wasn't the target audience.

I played it for while, out of curiosity.
And action was entertaining for a while.
To say that rest of the gameplay is bad or boring is wrong though.
Because at that time there was basically nothing else.

Funnily enough, when you compare it to another controversial Game Fallout 76, the latter still has a small Fanbase while the former is a floating lifeless Spacehulk.
They should have used their Manpower to finish up a new Dragon Age Game before they ruined Biowares Name with Anthem, now all that i care about Biowares old IP's is Baldurs Gate 3 which is being made by Larian now.

In all fairness, the sullying happened with Dragon Age the second. To this very day, there is only one Dragon Age!
50/50 as I enjoyed Dragon Age Inquisition, but yes Dragon Age: Origins was definitely better. Hopefully more info will be available about the next game sometime this year.

As I've seen only one short teaser, and an article about development being re-booted.

In all fairness, the sullying happened with Dragon Age the second. To this very day, there is only one Dragon Age!

There is? I thought the first game was cancelled and after that I've heard nothing more about it...

Ouch! Is this really the best use of their time? Bioware is so close to being shuttered at this point, someone rip the bandaid off.

No … that is why they need to ‘overhaul’ it - one last gasp at an audience.

This is the real question: why try to reanimate this particular dismembered corpse of a game?

A. Because they're still hoping to turn it into a franchise: Anthem 2. And if they made EA's profit projection, that's what will happen. Not predicting it will succeed, but that's the only answer that makes sense, right?

Back
Top Bottom