Divinity II: FoV - Status Updates

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Lar has posted a couple of relevant things on the Divinity II forums over the last day, updating the status of Flames of Vengeance and the Dragon Knight Saga. First, a general update:
This is the current status:

DKS Xbox360: English, French, German, Spanish and Italian versions are in submission at Microsoft and we are waiting for their approval. If they give the go ahead, then the november 5th date will be respected. As always, it's possible that games arrive in stores sooner.

DKS PC: We are doing final checks on the gold masters for English, French, German, Spanish and Italian versions and expect these to be ready in time. Actually, as it looks now manufacturing of at least the German version will probably start this friday.

FOV PC: English, French, German, Italian versions are being prepared and tested. These will be released digitally, and for the moment we have no reasons to assume the November 5th release dates won't be met.

Other languages are also in the works and we hope that by the end of October all versions will be finished.

So in other words, it might not be October 26th, but I think the week after that, The Dragon Knight Saga and Flames Of Vengeance should be available.
Note that FoV appears to be a digital-only release at this point.
In the same thread, Lar answers a question on the US version of DKS. Still in the air, it seems:
Unfortunately I can't give you much more information on this yet - US release is still being discussed but we're doing our best.
On the Divinity II patch front, Lar confirms they are interested in a full D2 patch that brings everything to FoV level (minus the FoV content, of course) but confirms they still need publisher permission, which is still "in the air":
So our patch plans are the following:

-We ship DKS and FOV in all languages.

-For Germany, we bring out a FOV patch which brings it up to date with the international versions of FOV once FOV is released.

-For ED buyers, we're planning to bring out a free patch that turns ED into DKS minus the FOV content, but with the caveat that savegame compatibility will not be maintained due to the many changes in DKS content. However, we'll need the ok of the publishers of ED to release this patch, s that's still in the air. Due to the rules for patches on the X360, we won't be able to release this patch on X360 for ED since it's going to be very large.
More information.

My God this has become like a brand confusion nightmare.

Does DKS include everything? I just would like to buy whatever product has everything all in a single package.

This whole thing makes my head explode.

DKS is the original with the expansion pack.It also includes changes for the whole game.I would say buy the dks instead of the fov expansion you will get more for your money.

Still no US release confirmed? Did Divinity II really sell that poorly over here?

Import it from Canada!

I still find it strange they got a publisher deal in Canada but not the US, we usually have the same publisher.

The new publisher is Focus Home Interactive, from France.

My God this has become like a brand confusion nightmare.

Does DKS include everything? I just would like to buy whatever product has everything all in a single package.

This whole thing makes my head explode.

If you don't have Divinity 2 yet:
Buy DKS.

Gold Edition:
Don't buy. Prefer DKS.

FoV:
Depends. The game is good, but it breaks the old game (bugs), at least for me. If you plan to replay Divinity 2 you might as well wait for DKS to sink to mid price.
If you still have a Divinity 2 savegame close to the end or if you want to generate a new char for FoV, buying FoV is an idea. The add-on is nearly bug free.

D2:ED & FoV will receive a technical patch to update them to DKS level.

A content patch to transform them into DKS is being considered, but it's not confirmed. It depends on the agreement of Larian's publishing partners.

Thanks for the info on which version to buy CP and Gorath. I was getting confused as well.

While the two might get a technical patch you must buy the DKS for upgrades and content that cant be patched in if you have the original and expansion.They said so themselves in another forum post.Some content is not compatible with the older version.

Last edited:
does anyone have a suggestion on where i can get a retail copy of DKS complete in english for pc asap ? thank, just wondering if i have other options besides waiting for the us version which might not be available.

Nowhere. DKS hasn't been released yet.

i understand , it seems like us release is last in line to be published .Can i get it anywhere else in english? thanks

While the two might get a technical patch you must buy the DKS for upgrades and content that cant be patched in if you have the original and expansion.They said so themselves in another forum post.Some content is not compatible with the older version.
At this moment, yes, but if the ED+FoV>DKS patch arrives, that won't be the case.

i understand , it seems like us release is last in line to be published .Can i get it anywhere else in english? thanks

That's indeed an interesting question.

Game.co.uk is traditionally a reliable shop. There are probably other sources though.

Back
Top Bottom