Russian version

zadokAllen

Sentinel
Just got it off yuplay.ru

Game installs ok, activates too, but does not start - with "the application failed to initialize properly" error.

I doubt it`s down to my setup - Q6600/HD 4870/2 GB RAM/ XP SP3/DX 9.0c

Perhaps something to do with activation after all?

Just got it off yuplay.ru

Game installs ok, activates too, but does not start - with "the application failed to initialize properly" error.

I doubt it`s down to my setup - Q6600/HD 4870/2 GB RAM/ XP SP3/DX 9.0c

Perhaps something to do with activation after all?

Just asking to make sure, do you have a dual monitor or two graphic cards?

The latest drivers for everything?

Tried to reinstall?

Single monitor/graphics.
Catalyst 10.12 - month old.
Just reinstalled - same thing.

Incredibly frustrating…I`m trying to get this game for months now :(

Ok.

You tried closing all background apps and see if that makes a difference?

Make sure if you do, that you only leave those that are necessary for Windows and maybe even your antivirus as well.

Yeah, all the usual tricks. In fact my gaming machine is clean - all the firewalls etc are on the laptop. Still, the same error.

I`ve send them an email, but not holding my breath, since the site is strictly in Russian.

Gonna torrent the english version tomorrow, see how it goes. Thanx for replies anyway :)

Sorry to hear that, don't see much else we can try for now.

If they don't reply, don't hold yourself back with downloading the game somewhere else.
You paid for it, its your right ;)

You're welcome.

Hi dude perhaps check the directory it installed to, that Russian version might have created the game directory with strange characters in it. If yes then rename it to something else and try running it again.

Kaaaa BOOOOM! :)

Thanks a milion, badmofo! It was as simple as that :)
(and much more sensible than my idea of installing Russian fonts :)

Now, to install all the fixes….

Also yuplay.ru hereby gets my Seal Of Approval. 8$ vs 30$ - c`mon :)

yup, you have to change the Cryllic to English (same for White Gold/Xenus II)

Ok folks - so the game`s running, with translation. But I can`t get the Russian 1.1 Dvd patch to work.

By default it installs to some russian-named directory in my main Precursors dir. If I change it to install directly to Precursors directory, it does that, but then the game won`t start - with "Failed to initialize" error.

Any ideas?

with the 1.1 patch, you need a serial # (do a search for the game + TRIVIUM)
if you have the english version, i dont think it can be patched. (im not 100% sure, though)

I wasn't able to pach my English version from Gamersgate so as far as I know it ain't possible.

I`m on Russian version.

Can`t find the crack on it`s own and can`t be bothered to download the whole torrent.

So I`m gonna leave it for a while as is- I was after mouse acceleration fix in the patch, but now I figured that "keyboard sensitivity" (bad translation) is actually "mouse sensitivity" in game`s options. Adjusting this helped a lot.

I was after mouse acceleration fix in the patch, but now I figured that "keyboard sensitivity" (bad translation) is actually "mouse sensitivity" in game`s options. Adjusting this helped a lot.

That's actually a huge problem with my translation patch because it is used for keyboard sensitivity in the 1.0 version and for mouse acceleration in the 1.1 version. So unless I can include an update to 1.1 in the patch one of the versions will have the wrong label.

Uhh…that is confusing. In fact- how do you actually check which version is the game? Is it possible? Perhaps mine (yuplay download) is 1.1 after all.

(By no means I wanted to detract from the quality of your translation - fantastic job sir! :)
The thing with mouse is strange though - it said `mouse` in russian (I can read that much) before install of your patch. Gotta check the version somehow…)

The thing with mouse is strange though - it said `mouse` in russian (I can read that much) before install of your patch. Gotta check the version somehow…)

Then you definetely have the 1.1 version. But they just swapped the Option instead of adding a new one, so I would need two different versions just for this.

Back
Top Bottom