Blizzard - Legacy of Gaming

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
GamR Mag has a new article about Blizzard. The main topic of the article is about the games they have developed, and the impact they have had on gaming.

With the release of Diablo III for consoles looming over us with a giant PC shadow. I thought it was about the right time to take an in-depth look at one of the most dominant companies in the gaming world. Blizzard Entertainment have completely cornered the PC gaming market, so much so that up until recently, almost no MMORPG could get a foothold on even a corner of the market. With Warcraft, World of Warcraft, StarCraft and Diablo, they’ve changed the online gaming world, the competitive gaming scene and the dungeon crawling genre…forever.
More information.

Which Blizzard? This latest incarnation is not the Blizzard I knew and loved.

Which Blizzard? This latest incarnation is not the Blizzard I knew and loved.
I agree but they still get all the credit apparently on every article. Blizzard North and all the old employes are from a different era now.

Blizzard has imho destroyed too much.
"Loot-simulations" have become the norm, cynically speaking.

From defining so called "actionRPG" in fact singleplayer grinder genre, they've moved to "looter" genre then to "auction house always wins" genre.
I'm sure they feel proud about it, but I'm not buying (anything from Blizzard).

I really liked the starcraft 2 demo and would've bought it if it wasn't so expensive. They have the same price too long.

Back
Top Bottom