Monster Hunter: World - August 9th

Looks even more grindy and gamey than I thought. It has that very obvious asian-inspired design with a million superfluous icons and little trivial things to maintain the illusion of interesting activities in what's ultimately a barren and hollow world in terms of meaningful content.

Well, that would be my impression.

But the port in itself looks fine - and the game looks very accomplished on a technical level. Obviously, a lot of care went into creating it.

Wasn't sure if this should go into BS of the week thread as there aren't enough sources on this mmo performance. So I'm putting it here.

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/nvid...-on-highest-settings-at-1440p-pc-screenshots/
NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 unable to run Monster Hunter World with 60fps on highest settings at 1440p

I did a quick performance test in the starting hub (running the game at 2560×1440):
Highest preset: 44
Highest preset (except for volumetric set to “high”): 50
High preset: 60
Mid preset: 65
Low preset: 108

Okay, it's not the first port from consoles that's slow as dirt, right?
But the cat is out and for the first time I'm seeing damage control at the same day on another site:
https://wccftech.com/monster-hunter-world-pc-low-settings/
Monster Hunter World PC Looks Surprisingly Decent At Low Settings
:rolleyes:

Okay, it's not the first port from consoles that's slow as dirt, right?
But the cat is out and for the first time I'm seeing damage control at the same day on another site:

I don't think there's any optimisation issues. It's just a cutting edge game.

Eventually a new videocard will meet a newer game you'll have to decide whether to drop the resolution or lower the quality.

I bought a 1080p, 144Hz, GSYNC monitor so I made my decision how I'd deal with the card aging before I even bought it. Keep that res LOW. 1080p is the standard hi-res rendering scale, anyway. None of the textures will be made for 1440p.

Looks even more grindy and gamey than I thought. It has that very obvious asian-inspired design with a million superfluous icons and little trivial things to maintain the illusion of interesting activities in what's ultimately a barren and hollow world in terms of meaningful content.

Well, that would be my impression.

So how's No Mans Sky going?

SNAP!

So how's No Mans Sky going?

SNAP!

You’re right, they’re not dissimilar in their pointless nature, but I prefer mellow exploration to grindy endless combat :)

That said, I haven’t fully made up my mind about either.

Probably a bow if ranged combat is well done.

Yeah, bow is a very popular pick. It's apparently especially good for group play because friendly fire interrupts your party members.

Longsword is apparently the worst for group play because of the wide arc of the strikes, but experienced users will tell you that's just a newbie problem.

12 more days!

Anyone else pre-ordered already?

I can't play anything else because I'm too hyped! :D

Back
Top Bottom