D:OS2 Tips & Tricks thread

Divinity: Original Sin 2
I pretty much to refuse to use casters in any game, but rogues are my go to class. Not being able to rob people would make replaying this game a distinct impossibility for me.

Well okay then, another tip in these moral cases.
You don't steal but I bet you kill.

Do buy everything from a store and sell everything back to that vendor till they're clean of $. Then kill it.
All items you sold will drop and can be looted. And you keep what you bought.

Hmmm... man you should play the evil characters in games. I don't steal and I don't kill 'neutral' characters or creatures. Basically the game has enough loot for what I need (that plus Lucky Charm looting boxes). I'm not playing in Tactician though, just normal difficulty.

Evil? I always play greedy characters. :D

Any tip about how to kill the witch on the first island? She kicks my ass everythime i try to fight her, even one level ahead of her. With spoiler tag for those who haven't fought her already.

Any tip about how to kill the witch on the first island? She kicks my ass everythime i try to fight her, even one level ahead of her. With spoiler tag for those who haven't fought her already.

I'm playing on classic. I basically meta-gamed it ;-) I got as close as I could without triggering her conversation then blasted her with everything I had. Of course, she immediately got initiative - like every bloody fight I've ever had where the boss always goes first… I still ended up with 3 dead party members (not from her, but her overpowered support). I think I was the same level. I had to flee (step by step!) after she died and then 'stealth' resurrect my fallen party members to continue the fight… it's really important to have characters that can move quickly across the battlefield - so if you have scoundrel teleport/phoenix dive/tactical retreat etc use them to stay close to her. When I battled her only 2 of my characters had such abilities.

Don't remember having any issues with her (on Classic), if you have a summoner call the incarnated (or whatever the name is) next to her, she probably doesn't have much in the physical armor department, so susceptible to taunts, knockdowns, chicken.

Which witch? Are we talking about Alice (Driftwood, 2nd area) or the lady in red (Fort Joy, 1st area)?

@Maylander; - I assumed he meant the blood rose witch? And where is Alice, I've looked all over (including her basement) but haven't seen any sign of her.
@Wolf;ling - perhaps I should have tried a summoner as a pc, but in my case I had to engage her directly. She wasn't that tough - but her allies really did me in.

The first island has two witches. The one who stole Fane's polymorph helmet and the one growing black roses.
I guess it's the dragon's ex we're talking about. And I admit it's was bit tricky in my game because she had charm which took away my twohanded DPS, but I nailed her in the second attempt.

1. First, you'll see a corpse under her feet. Teleport the damned corpse far away from her (towards you). Because it's not near her, it won't revive at all. One trashmob cleared before the fight started, right? :D

2. Don't go down with all the party. Unchain them. Gather three on the left side where a bug will spawn when the fight starts, send down only the character who has the biggest magic armor - prepare to teleport that character back up to the party when the witch starts the fight. You do have teleport gloves, right?

3. Heal those bloody undead when they come close!

4. Burn the path that leads from the bottom towards the place you're standing.

The idea is basically to stall the witch for two three turns till you kill bugs. Then she's history. And I don't have summoner, don't use chicken spell and etc. I had fire/earth mage, 2H melee, 1H+shield melee and xbowman.

Alice is on the second island. She's undead - heal her and she dies in no time. If you don't have enough healing scrolls on you, you can abuse teleport and move her while she's stuck in a dialogue in front of your level 20 ally trader (note: the teleport abuse doesn't work with nearby trolls who are immune to teleport).

Last edited:
Hey, thanks for answering.
Yes, i'm talking about the one with the blood roses.
Good thinking about moving the corpse away from her.
I tried to sneak next to her with my rogue, then initiated combat. I teleported her back to my party and moved my rogue with his rogue skill back to the party. I managed to drop her at the 3 round, though those bugs(damn them) are hitting me really hard and killing my whole party.
I tried so many times and became so frustrated.

Sadly, i have no summoning skill in my valiant party

Do you have a bedroll? I went in there and was quite unprepared, still struggling with the combat mechanics. So after killing some of the mobs, 3 of my guys went down and I fled with the last remaining guy. I crawled back and revived the other guys who all were far enough from the enemy so they didn't trigger combat.
Then I used the bedroll to fully heal and got in again, this time killing all of them.

Two more tips.

1. If you help Almira and let her join your crew she'll give you a task to make a certain weapon. Find it's parts and craft the weapon she wants - DO NOT give the weapon to her till you find the second one on the fourth island!
If you previously killed or refused her, you may craft the weapon without receiving her quest as you'll learn the schematics anyway.
Finally, DO NOT use this weapon in regular fights.

2. Do not do what WGD did. DO NOT kill Tarquin even if killing him is only reason you're playing this game.
Do his quest on the third island, when you reach the fourth island, move stacked boxes in barracks, loot the "cellar" below and then face Tarquin with the story twist you learned.
The reward you get from this seems useless due to it's "fragile" nature, but it's not. Equip it and just use skills, don't hit anyone with basic attacks.

I've asked this question on multiple forums now. Nobody seems to have an answer or even to care.
Isn't this quite an important questions? There are ways to pump Dodging after all…
Noone cares probably because of the Evasion (air, 100% dodge for a turn unless it's a trashmob miniboss that cheats and has it permanently) spell. No hit chance will break physical damage through this one and you need to spam mage spells on this trashmob.

Last edited:
Noone cares probably because of the Evasion (air, 100% dodge for a turn unless it's a trashmob miniboss that cheats and has it permanently) spell. No hit chance will break through this one and you need to spam mage spells on this trashmob.
I see. But casting Evasion every turn is quite expensive. Wouldn't it be much better if you have a rogue with permanent 60-80% Dodging?

Maybe it would - but I don't have a rogue in my party. ;)
Means, dunno. Would be nice to try.

The thing is I keep critchance (+% or +wits) based equipment and sell dodge based stuff. Gives what? I tend to oneshot with Laser Ray all trashmob rogues regardless of their dodge stat. Not just rogues ofc, but I like to get rid of them first because of their damage burst.
While I'm just guessing that trashmob spellcasters could instakill my rogue the same way, it's still possible they can't. I guess you'll have to get an answer from others who have a rogue in their party..

@Maylander; - I assumed he meant the blood rose witch? And where is Alice, I've looked all over (including her basement) but haven't seen any sign of her.
Alice is north of the ruins in the NW forest. North of the sourcerer there (Hannag or whatever). She's this crazy, screaming thing nailed to a cross.

I've asked this question on multiple forums now. Nobody seems to have an answer or even to care.
Isn't this quite an important questions? There are ways to pump Dodging after all…

From what I can tell, it's just accuracy vs dodge. However, you start at 95% hit chance, so it's very easy to get 130-150% accuracy. Basically, don't expect any actual dodging without applying some kind of buff on yourself or debuff on the enemy.

That being said, I found magic to be far more dominating and problematic later on than physical attacks. Almost all tough enemies use spells later on.

I remember that fight - it was a hard one. I used up a valuable source point with Ifan and he summoned his soul wolf who then whittled down the witch so the team could focus on the bugs and such. Lohse certainly wasn't strong enough in summoning at that point to get an incarnate champion - she didn't have the level or points for it until she left the island.

From what I can tell, it's just accuracy vs dodge.
What exactly do you mean with accuracy vs dodge?
Roll on: accuracy - dodge?
Or roll on: accuracy * (1 - dodge)?
Or something different?

So far fire/earth caster worthless like first game. No indication they will be worth it by end. Maybe should respect.

You've got to be kidding me.
- human or undead mage, not other races!
- Savage Sortilege perk first, Mnemonic next
- INT all way up, a point or two in other attributes only when needed for equipment
- in combat use only wands or staves that give +% on crit chance
- keep gloves of teleportation always with you
- equip only wearables that improve +INT/WIS/pyro/geo/%critchance, at least one of these
- runes the same as above, +INT/WIS/pyro/geo/%critchance, forget the +% of phys/magic armor runes!

- when you get past Fort Joy, put a point or two into hydro as you need restoration to destroy undead trashmobs fast or buy/steal restoration scrolls

General strategy:
First turn Impale+Fireball when hostiles are grouped, Laser Ray when in line. If scattered also Laser Ray on whichever you find the most dangerous.
Second turn teleport trashmobs into burning area you made in the first turn or close to your melee DPS - try to teleport the trashmob ranged who teleported to "safety" as their escape mechanics is now on cooldown.
When needed hit a sidekick with fortify, haste or clear mind.

Exceptions are trashmobs highly resistant to fire or earth damage (for example a troll that is vulnerable only when hit by poison) so keep different wand damage types in inventory to use when necessary unless you learned a few hydro spells.

You'll be destroying trashmobs like crazy.
Okay, I'm playing on normal difficulty so I might be biased. Perhaps on tactician this won't work as efficiently.

Back
Top Bottom