C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Cyberpunk 2077
These two are very comprehensive rundowns:

Overall consensus: Great world, worldbuilding, crazy amount of options, great gameplay and characters/dialogue, loads of skill checks ( dialogue and environment interactions: stats, skills and background), plenty of c&c, ton of options with char progression, etc…seems they're really pushing every major aspect of the game.
There is still some bugfixing, performance issues ( crashed once, framerate drops and some AI glitching), but they have plenty of time to work on this.

They also confirmed there will be three different starting points in the game ( like Skyrim alternate start mod): ex corp, nomad, street raised.

Very excited about this one. Very nice world design. As long as it's not stealth-only, I'll be happy.

I've come to enjoy shooters more and more as I get older. I'm a weird gamer. Re-discovered video games in 2005 or so when I was around 35.

Good interview. Miles explains leveling up your skills ( by using them) will change animations and your character skill ( directly) in how you use them ( accuracy/crosshair, recoil, reload, etc).

https://wccftech.com/cyberpunk-2077-new-game-plus/
Your question is about gameplay (character progression), [which] is something we are still working on. So, it may change in time, as we are looking for the best formula for the game. Most likely, it won’t be possible to max out everything on one playthrough, as it would [make] little sense to have a game that is about replayability and choice, while [at] the same time [allowing] the players to max out all stats on the first run. I hope that answers your question.
No sh… I mean… No Skyrim.
Gimme already.

Good interview. Miles explains leveling up your skills ( by using them) will change animations and your character skill ( directly) in how you use them ( accuracy/crosshair, recoil, reload, etc).

That's interesting. Until now, I had assumed combat was going to be based entirely on the player's skill. This definitely makes it sound like more like an RPG as opposed to an open-world FPS with some RPG elements.

I'm not sure how I feel about the aiming being dependant on character skill though. While it sounds good in practice, it can be rather annoying in-game.

That's interesting. Until now, I had assumed combat was going to be based entirely on the player's skill. This definitely makes it sound like more like an RPG as opposed to an open-world FPS with some RPG elements.

I'm not sure how I feel about the aiming being dependant on character skill though. While it sounds good in practice, it can be rather annoying in-game.
This is my kind of awesome. I have no skills to speak of: can't think quickly, terrible hand-eye co-ordination, etc. so I like RPGs because I can play someone more capable than myself. If I am playing a master marksman, he should shoot well, not be crap because I am!

No, they didn't say anything about auto-aiming. I think it sounds similar to how aiming worked in the original Deus Ex.

so character skill means more auto aim, basically? perhaps more damage too, because otherwise you could get away with just having real-life skills.

Something like Deus Ex ( first), probably, and Gothic(1/2) for melee. Your animations improve directly.
Seems it will have a very robust character progression/rpg mechanics.
Kind of like a mix of best traits we've seen in other games

Character backgrounds: Dragon Age origins ( MC characterization)
Alternate starting points ( TES mods)
Stats: Fallout
Skill improvement: combination of TES+ Deus Ex/Gothic
Classic Perk system
Cyberware ( with it's own separate upgrade/customization path)
Streetcred: Reputation system ( access to gear/quests)+ better pacing/prevents being overwhelmed by side quests

Remains to be seen how well they'll execute it, but it looks like a well thought out system.

so character skill means more auto aim, basically? perhaps more damage too,
why would bullets do more damage, based on character skill?

I have no skills to speak of: can't think quickly, terrible hand-eye co-ordination, etc. so I like RPGs
I have all the reflex/RLwildernesssurvival skills necessary for any so called "action" game. Action my arse, but okay, it usually means you need to react fast and not randomly.

My problem is I find those skills - mundane. And I can't stand mundanity of any kind. There was a time I was 5 years old and back then I thought differently. Anything mundane was fun because of course it was. Thought… It's basically a joke to say that that I thought anything, it's more or less animalistic insticts at that age. Obsession with mundanity goes with it. Farting and chatty about it with other kids was the most important thing, man!

Eventually I grew some brains and using that got more fun than silly reflexes. No, I wasn't nerdy nor was bullied as it's suggested with moronic Hollywood's movies, I just got addicted to brainsolving, brainstorming, brainwhatever and couldn't care about anything else. When it came to actual weapon shooting (don't ask) I was still excellent yet I didn't care about that bullshit. Was offered but I've refused to join the professional army.

Tastes differ and change, there was a time I adored Doom. Today I can't imagine playing something like that. Shoot whatnot for no reason.
I need a story, I need a puzzle to solve, I need twists and turns, I need relationship manipulation sim doesn't have to be dating really.
I need some serious brain food.

That's why I love RPGs. That's why I don't care if combat is this or that as it's all the same irrelevance to me. A filler. Always wanted a whole cake, not just the cream.
All I need more is k+m, autoaim disabled and no default backspace.

Well, I’m the anti-Joxer, if a game has bad combat I can’t play it no matter how good the rest of it is.

So obviously i’m Hoping for a good combat system.

Hoping it will just be harder to aim or something if I don’t have enough skill. I definitely don’t want to miss someone at point blank range because RNG is involved.

https://wccftech.com/cd-projekt-red-confirms-working-three-cyberpunk-projects/
even more interesting is the news that the Polish game developer is working on three Cyberpunk projects at this time.
O_O :drool:
The first one is Cyberpunk 2077,
:thumbup:
the second one is the multiplayer side (in development at the Wroclaw office, with about forty people working on it),
Who cares.
and the third one is apparently the next big triple-A title scheduled to come out by 2021.

Nielubowicz: Our next big project will also be in the ‘Cyberpunk’ universe, and we’re already working on it and treating it as a really big and innovative project for us.
It's christmas!

……………………………………………………………………

https://www.vg247.com/2019/07/01/cyberpunk-2077-three-prologues/
In an email following up with Sasko after our E3 chat, he said:

“The player in Cyberpunk 2077 can create a custom character that has one of three origin stories, that we call lifepaths: you can be Nomad, Corpo or Street Kid. Each of that Lifepaths has a different starting location and story background that are strongly connected with the origin story. Anything more I say can reveal too much from the story, so I will leave it like this.”
DAO 2.

No… Tarantino should not direct stuff happening outside of Hollywood/LA.

Put Paul Verhoeven on the helm and even if the script will be mediocre, we'll get another masterpiece.

Seems like they might be doing something similar to Ubisoft and the two latest Assassins Creed games - working on two games released only 1 year apart.. They're working on MP. Brand is big in China (going by pre-orders).

https://www.spidersweb.pl/2019/07/cdp-red-cyberpunk-2-cyberpunk-2078.html

This is not a rumor, but information straight from the president of CDP RED - Adam Kiciński. During the meeting with investors, the boss of the Reds revealed that the company is currently working on as many as three games in a futuristic universe. What awaits us beyond the premiere of Cyberpunk 2077?

Currently, CDP RED is working on three projects in the Cyberpunk universe. We know one of them perfectly. Cyberpunk 2077 is a great single-player cRPG, which will have its premiere on April 16, 2020. We visited the Warsaw headquarters of CDP RED yesterday and saw a completely new fragment of the game from this production. It turns out, however, that Redzi actively work on two other games in the same universe.

The second project is a multi-player Cyberpunk, developed in Wrocław

The most beautiful Polish city is home to a 40-person team that focuses on an independent multiplayer module. At the moment, however, we know nothing more than the fact that the project concerns a multiplayer game. So it can be both classic PvP shooting and more tactical hero shooter in the style of Overwatch. MOBA? Battle Royale? Auto Chess? Until CDP RED reveals more details, each variant is on the table.

For those familiar with the subject, working on a multiplayer game should not be an exaggeration. Among others for this purpose, CDP RED applied for funds from public funds, which the studio received a few years ago. Now we've got confirmation that the project has not died. On the contrary - he got a fragrant new development studio in Wroclaw, which focuses exclusively on it.

The third project is another great AAA game in the Cyberpunk universe

Adam Kiciński reported that CDP RED is already working on the next big thing for Cyberpunk. What's more, the premiere of the next major production-oriented production studio is to take place already in … 2021. This means that Cyberpunk 2 / Cyberpunk 2078 will appear on store shelves in just one year after the premiere of the long-awaited Cyberpunk 2077 release. at least such an option is dreamed of Kiciński.

Considering that the studio already has the right tools, know-how, engine and experience, work on another great Cyberpunk should be much shorter than in the case of C2077. Since part of the Reds has been working on an unannounced game for some time now, the end of 2021 may actually turn out to be real. Let only Redzi not pay this date with a great and devastating cruncheon.

Pre-sale Cyberpunk 2077 better than The Witcher. The brand is strong in China

Kiciński does not hide his satisfaction from the fact that pre-premiere orders for C2077 are higher than those for the third Witcher. At the same time, the president of CDP RED indicates greater interest in Cyberpunk on consoles than on PCs. However, the real reason for satisfaction is the great start of the new IP in China. It is there that the largest market for video games is located, and it seems that such a cyberpunk envelope Made in Poland is very much liked by the Chinese. At least this results from the analysis of pre-release orders.

What's next? CDP RED begins intensive preparations for Gamescom in Cologne. There, the studio will show the media a new, probably partially modified fragment of the game, which I had the pleasure to see yesterday. Next stop Redów is PAX West in Seattle. On the occasion of the American event, a new video clip will go online and everyone will be able to see it with their own eyes. In turn, with the arrival of the new year, CDP RED announces a real media offensive.

Seems like they might be doing something similar to Ubisoft and the two latest Assassins Creed games - working on two games released only 1 year apart..
Actually it's not two latest AC games. AC as franchise had every year at least one AC game released on different platforms including phones.

Apart from that, Ubisoft:
- develops a game for consoles first and only after that ports it on PC without changing anything in it and without optimizing anything, but expecting that PC due to it's superiority will brute force the pisspoor code to an acceptable FPS
- flirts with different genres without knowing what each genre means
- puts different microtransactions (lootboxes sometimes) in fullpriced games
- annoys a player with ingame shop advertising
- seems to be incapable of making a proper save anywhere system
- releases 15ish different game packages so noone knows which one to buy

CDprojekt so far didn't do anything like that and unless they sell their souls to likes of EA, Warner and Konami, never will.

About early "popularity" in China the story is simple.
China banned consoles but games on PC online shops like Steam are allowed. I'm not sure why that country can do some things right then fail on other fronts. The game obviously isn't censored, imagine what does that mean for people oppressed by censorship? It's christmas in China, yes.
Finally chinese loud mainstream minority refers to CDprojekt as "Dumb Polish Donkey". Why is that so? This brainwashed minority can't understand CDprojekt giving DLC for free, putting so many goods in physical copies for a decent price and not milking the audience through worthless microtransactions. But well, it's a minority shilling for frauds. Majority knows what's good and thus theyve preordered.
If it matters the same chinese minority calls Ubisoft as "Potato Factory". The potato is used to describe Ubisoft's unreliable servers, then again, the minority that shills for scams is obviously mmoers. ;)

what i meant, separate teams working on two games at the same time.. it was kind of a big thing for these last two AC games.. nothing wrong with that practice, shows they have tons of confident in the product if so. might also be good practice sharing assets and knowledge between projects and whatnot.. cuts down on the dev time for follow-up a ton..

China lifted the ban of consoles 4 years ago so its not relevant to anything. China is an extremely racist country, so them calling poles donkeys is of course just normal practice for them, but strange to our culture.

They lifted the consoles ban? I knew the paradise can't last for long.

Of course it's relevant. I guess you're blinded by reshade. :)
No consoles for years = the audience got used to Steam. It's hard to replace a horse with a donkey.

Back
Top Bottom