Bye, Eye.

I just wanted to clarify that thumbs-upping your post is not because I want you to go, but to thank you for all the hard work the past years :d

Just as I'm complaining that we need more members we lose another great member. :'(

I refuse to say goodbye Eye in hopes that you'll someday return.

I wish you great success in all your new activities and will secretly hope you return to your old one. Well, maybe not all that secretly. :)

:'(

In terms of competition, someone has won if the other one leaves a forum.

Sad to see you go Eye, I certainly hope you'll still drop by as a regular member of the Watch.

:mourn: "Un seul être vous manque et tout est depeuplé."

For parting-gift I couldn't find any funny eye, but I found an ancient one:

iu

Have fun.

Moderation is a difficult job that tends to suck up a tremendous amount of time. It takes a lot of dedication and passion, and clearly Eye had that in spades and deserves our thanks for carrying the spear in a largely thankless battle. Best of luck going forward, young lady.

Now you'll get to come back as one of those old farts that irritated you so much, always pointing out how things used to be done. :)

You can take a break any time you like, but you can never leave! So hope to see you soon :)

Thanks everybody for your warm words. Some made me smile, some even made me laugh, and some surprised me. Some of you touched my heart and even brought a few tears to me eyes.
Music, pictures, gifs, this is definitely a thread that is honoring me. That is why I closed the possibility to reply to my general notice, it often ends up feeling like someone died, doesn’t it? :)

Like I said, at least I thought and hoped I said that (blame my poor english if that is incorrect), it is not a farewell and adieu, but I do not know yet if, and if so when I’ll return as a moderator.
Many of you have witnessed some friction on the forums lately involving decisions I made, but most of my daily work was back stage, where I tried via PM to explain rules and moderation in order to get future cooperation, and during the last few weeks this too did not go as smooth and easy as hoped. In the end, because of the cumulative effect, some replies managed to affect my mood in daily life in a negative way which had not happened before during my time as a moderator.
Since I can not say I am bored to death and have nothing to do with my time other than volunteering as the local punching bag I gathered it was time to focus on other activities. :)

I have got lots of plans and am looking forward to them, so I am afraid me writing this post does not mean I have changed my mind.

Again thanks to you all, thanks for caring, for having taken the effort to write something nice or to search for a picture/video that would be fitting. I really appreciate it.

giphy.gif

Until we meet again, cheers,
Eye

Thanks everybody for your warm words. Some made me smile, some even made me laugh, and some surprised me. Some of you touched my heart and even brought a few tears to me eyes.

Music, pictures, gifs, this is definitely a thread that is honoring me. That is why I closed the possibility to reply to my general notice, it often ends up feeling like someone died, doesn’t it? :)

Like I said, at least I thought and hoped I said that (blame my poor english if that is incorrect), it is not a farewell and adieu, but I do not know yet if, and if so when I’ll return as a moderator.

Many of you have witnessed some friction on the forums lately involving decisions I made, but most of my daily work was back stage, where I tried via PM to explain rules and moderation in order to get future cooperation, and during the last few weeks this too did not go as smooth and easy as hoped. In the end, because of the cumulative effect, some replies managed to affect my mood in daily life in a negative way which had not happened before during my time as a moderator.

Since I can not say I am bored to death and have nothing to do with my time other than volunteering as the local punching bag I gathered it was time to focus on other activities. :)

I have got lots of plans and am looking forward to them, so I am afraid me writing this post does not mean I have changed my mind.

Again thanks to you all, thanks for caring, for having taken the effort to write something nice or to search for a picture/video that would be fitting. I really appreciate it.

giphy.gif

Until we meet again, cheers,

Eye
Keep a lurking out. You may find interesting bits of news and discussions :)

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Come take a swing at one of the grumpy old dudes in the Trump thread sometime.

Good luck, and have fun! And be sure to stop by from time to time. :)

I don't understand a lot about social media and people getting so upset about it. If people were jerks to you Eye, than it says way more about them and how miserable they must be.

But I worked in a maximum security jail for 20 years and had things said to my face and at times had to protect myself from physical violence. Don't sweat the small stuff and when people are nasty online they usually have sad lives.

Will miss you Eye.

But you got paid to be a prison guard.

You're all lucky I'm not the type of person to chase moderation status, at least 75% of you would have been banned years ago!

Though I suspect my run would have come to an end very quickly as I likely would have slammed the ban hammer on both Myrthos and Corwin before I'd even got to half of you :D

Sorry to read you've had a rough time Eye but hope you will stay around on the forum. Being a moderator must be so burdensome and often unappreciated how time consuming and stressful it can be.

Get paid for it? My only point was it's hard to volunteer for something that takes a lot of time and then people give you a bunch of static for your efforts.

Back
Top Bottom