Couchpotato's Random RPG News

Does Anyone Read This Thread for News?

• Yes

Votes: 53 89.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters
New Arc Line is a Arcanum-inspired modern Party-Based RPG - Website

Hey, r/arcanum! I’ve been an Arcanum fan since I finished my first playthrough of this cult classic all these years ago. I absolutely loved the plot, characters, music, and the entire atmosphere of the game, it was unbelievably good. Few other games managed to influence me this deeply. I got into game development with a dream of creating immersive crpg’s like Arcanum (also Planescape Torment, Baldur’s Gate, and others).

And now I’m proud to say that together with Ukrainian game development studio Dreamate Games we are developing New Arc Line - a modern Party-Based RPG set during the Gilded Age of Magic and Technology.

You can learn a bit more about the game on our website here - https://newarcline.com/

Arcanum has inspired many aspects of the game beyond being set in a steampunk world. We want to explore similar features that made it so unique and memorable.

Magic vs. Technology

The central conflict between magic and technology defines both the lore and mechanics of the New Arc Line. There’s no middle ground - where one is present, the other falls short. You will have to make a choice and it won’t be easy.

The dark side of progress

In order to create a believable and troubled world, the game will not shun the less glamorous aspects of the age: prohibition law, bootlegging, banditry, corrupt cops, child labor, sweatshops, the legacy of slavery, and segregation of fantasy races. Player discretion is advised.

Deep progression system

New Arc Line will feature a highly detailed character system with several races, backgrounds, spells, skills, crafting recipes, and technological schematics. You will also manage a party of characters representing different archetypes, and use their unique synergic abilities.

Choices that matter

The fate of this world will depend on your decisions, and each new player character will have a unique experience.

V Rising Developer Roadmap Plan - Games Website
Today, looking up at the night sky of the land of Vardoran, there are no clouds, no stars, no moonlight. There is only the flapping of over one million pairs of midnight black bat wings filling the sky. The Stunlock team could not have possibly imagined how many of you were out there, ready to awaken from your crypts and step into this little world we'd created.

We put so much love, time, sweat, and blood into this experience without knowing if you will feel what we feel. You did! Tuesday last week, we announced that one million players had bought V Rising, and, at that time, we were already completely floored by seeing more than 150k vampires at the same time in our game.
Diablo Immortal Won't Launch in two Countries due to Loot Boxes-Gamesindustry.biz
Activision Blizzard will not launch the upcoming Diablo Immortal in multiple territories next month, reportedly due to restrictive legislation in certain countries.
Cyber Knights: Flashpoint - May Progress Report
With the end of May, the start of summer is just around the corner and we’re excited that it comes with some big news on the Matrix Mk2 stretch goal. The alpha phase has continued at a great pace and we’re very happy with the feedback we’re getting and all the ways the game is improving daily. With 15 alpha updates under our belt, thousands of Knights have cruised the streets of New Boston in the early version of the game and really, we’re just getting started.

@daveyd shared this information on the discord channel for New Arc Line.:thumbsup:
Not much info on the site so I chatted with one of the devs a bit: Combat sounds RTwP (third-person view & real-time battle with active pause, tactic camera and possibility to set up an order of abilities to use next). I think that alpha footage is outdated. But also sounds like it will be fairly light on combat with a strong narrative focus. Full (main) character creation. Hoping to release in 2023 but that could change. Made in the Unreal Engine.

I'm interested in The New Arc Line, sounds fun. Need to learn more.

Also surprised at the numbers for V-Rising, it seems to be taking off! Still on my wish list as I am currently working on two large game projects at the moment (MOD and ENB related) for Skyrim.

Well it's easy money selling cosmetics and expansions. It's the new MMO model. It wont be for me and others on the watch, but early beta numbers and feedback is good.

Well, I admit that I'm not unguilty in that. But I do realize that Real Life money is far more precious than in-game currencies one does not buy with Real Life money (like in-game Gold or Platinum, for example).
Which simply means that I vastly prefer in-game currencies with no connections to RL whatsoever over currencies one has to buy from/with RL money.

However, whyt I find curious is that some MMOs seem to give out small amounts of that in-game currency which one has to buy with RL money to subscribers, so to say "for free" (not realy free, because it is paid with the subscription ...).

Besides, which makes me wonder : Why do companies sell "bautified" items, when they could do that in the game world in the first place ? Or is beauty not high on their list ? Must everything look ugly ? (I know that a part of male gamers want that, and don't like beautiful looking stuff in an RPG at all).

Fextralife's Top RPG News of the Week

Lost Epic Leaves Early Access, Dragon's Dogma 10th Anniversary, For the King 2 Announced, Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak Switch Skills, Marvel MMORPG Cancelled, Elder Scrolls Online High Isle Tales of Tribute Patrons, Sony TV Shows, Cyberpunk 2077 Future Expansion on this week of Top RPG News.
Steelrising Could be in Line for the Soulslike Throne - RPS
From what I saw, Steelrising looks like great fun for Soulslikers and those after a Souls experience they can tailor to their liking. What I'd love to do is go hands-on, as I need to know how it feels in the hand, you know? All the signs point to a good game, but whether it's a joy to move and attack and explore remains a mystery. Stay tuned.
Mac Walters Developer Story - BioWare
Friends, it’s time for another Developer Story, where we meet the folks who make the games that make BioWare what it is. Today we sit down with another member of the Dragon Age leadership team: Production Director Mac Walters. Mac has been with BioWare for… wait, 18 years? That can’t be right. Oh, here we go: 18 and a half years.

In some countries, Mac’s time at BioWare would be old enough to vote..

Owlcat Games Announces Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - Owlcat Website

We are thrilled to announce Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - the first classic roleplaying game with turn-based combat set in the grim darkness of the 41st millennium. The World Premiere, including the first glimpse of gameplay, was announced at the Warhammer Skulls Showcase. Those of you who are eager to get your hands on the early version of the game and help us with the development can obtain our Founder’s Packs; they are already available on the game’s website.

Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr Next-gen Trailer

Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr is coming to PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S in 2022!
Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters Accolades Trailer

Lead humanity's greatest weapon, the Grey Knights, in this fast-paced turn-based tactical RPG: Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate Daemonhunters. Root out and purge a galaxy-spanning plague across multiple worlds, using the tactics and talents of your own personalised squad of Daemonhunters.
Crusader Kings III: Fate of Iberia Released - Steam

Settle the Fate of Iberia in the new flavor pack for Crusader Kings III. Engage with a new game system that draws you deeply into one of the great conflicts of the medieval world, fully illustrated with new art, new events and new decisions.
Fable 4 rumors of downscaling canned by RPG game producer - PCGamesN
In the absence of any new information about the next entry in the beloved British RPG game series, Fable 4 rumours continue to persist, and the latest involves accusations of the project downscaling. However, the new Fable game's producer is fighting back against this, calling the process normal, necessary and healthy.
DONTNOD Entertainment rebrands as DON'T NOD Teases New projects - Gematsu
DONTNOD Entertainment has rebranded as DON'T NOD, as well as unveiled a new logo described as an adaptable design that can be tailored to represent different game genres and universes.

Steam Next Fest June 2022 Edition

Save the date! Next Fest will take place June 13-20, 2022 @10AM Pacific. See you then!
Diablo Immortal on PC: The First 17 Minutes of Gameplay

Don't have a phone? Well don't fret, Diablo Immortal was released (in Beta) on PC today, so check out the opening minutes of this brand new campaign captured on PC in 1440p 60fps.
Horizon Forbidden West - New Game+ Update Trailer

Horizon Forbidden West gets an update that launches today, with New Game+, Ultra Hard Mode, Transmogs and more!
Warhammer 40k: Rogue Trader - Owlcat's Next Adventure

Going over the recent announcement by Owlcat Games about their next game Warhammer 40k: Rogue Trader!

Tower of Time First Impressions

Talking about my initial thoughts about Tower of Time from Even Horizon, the developer currently working on Dark Envoy
Five Game Series That Won't See A Release For Years (If At All)

Just talking about the game series I'd love to see get continuations via new releases.

Sovereign Syndicate Development Update - Steam
Thanks so much to everyone who took the time to play our recent playtest. We had over 500 players and we've been overwhelmed and humbled by the quality and quantity of feedback we received, and the passion and excitement from our community for the game we're building.

We also crossed a significant milestone recently with over 10,000 wishlists! Thank you for supporting us and sharing our content. We can tell that we're on to something here that people are really excited about and we're committed to making the best game we can for you.

As I mentioned our playtest generated a lot of great feedback, both positive and constructive, and we've spent the last month reviewing this feedback and creating a plan of action to move the game forward. Here's an idea of what we'll be working on over the next few months.
The Blades of Netheril an Unofficial NWN1 sequel releasing in September- Patreon
A very warm hello to all my Patrons, and everyone else for that matter! Last month was exceptionally busy, and I have some great news to share. The first big piece of news is that Daniel Morris, aka Irongron, Lead Area Designer on Tyrants of the Moonsea and head honcho at Arelith, will be joining the project as Lead Area Designer. This will free me up to finish the remaining writing before I turn my full attentions to scripting. In case you're unfamiliar with Daniel's work, Arelith is by far the largest Persistent World active for NWNEE.

In fact, it accounts for something like 30% of the current active player base. He's created a world that pushes the boundaries of what is possible in the NWN engine and possesses a talent for building beautiful areas that is quite astonishing. It's fantastic to know that Doom of Icewind Dale will look every bit as good as Tyrants of the Moonsea, and perhaps even better!

The Elder Scrolls Online: High Isle Tales of Tribute Overview - Bethesda

Arriving as part of the upcoming High Isle Chapter, the Tales of Tribute card game is an all-new activity players can enjoy between questing, PVPing, and exploring Tamriel. Join Rich Lambert, Creative Director for The Elder Scrolls Online, as he breaks down how to play Tribute and showcases what makes this deck-building game so much fun!
Monomyth A Quick Update - Steam

I just wanted to drop by and mention that the development of Monomyth is progressing very nicely. I'm busy preparing the game for its closed beta, which should start toward the end of June.

Here is a quick video overview of some of the things that have happened throughout the first quarter of 2022.
The Box That Broke Baldur's Gate 3 - Gamespot

Baldur's Gate 3, like Dungeons & Dragons, is a game meant to evoke player freedom. But somewhere early in its making, a small decision was made that collided with that basic principle, and sent its development into a cascading spiral of problems.

At the heart of an unforgettable Dungeons & Dragons campaign is a great dungeon master. It's their responsibility to guide the player on an adventure and make sure the world reacts to their actions in a way that feels natural and unplanned.

For developer Larian Studios, to capture that D&D essence in Baldur's Gate 3, it has to evoke that same sense of freedom and role playing. It's collaborative storytelling between the player and the story. Every choice, action, reaction, and consequence has to feel like it really matters, no matter how big or small.

But somewhere early in the making of Baldur's Gate 3, the game's dungeon master, Swen Vincke, made a small decision that sent its development into a cascading spiral of problems that has been a big challenge to solve. And all it involved was getting the player to acquire one very specific item: the Mysterious Artefact and it belongs to a character named Shadowheart. In an effort to get the player to receive this item as elegantly and naturally as possible, as though it was their own decision, has resulted in creating 100s of possibilities that plagued the game's development.

This is the story of how the Mysterious Artefact broke Baldur's Gate 3.

Actually No, We Don't Know How Much Video Games Should Cost - Jeff Vogel
I wrote a kind of tossed off blog post last week about pricing in video games.

The jumping off point was seeing how much people were willing to pay for cosmetics in games like Fortnite or Valorant: Stuff that doesn't make you stronger but gives you a better sense of customization and style.

The post got a lot of really interesting comments. They were very thought-provoking, even the ones that disagreed with me.

The header of the post was, "Do we understand anything about pricing video games?" And you know something? I think we really don't. A few more thoughts.
Infusion Dev Log 4: Laying the foundations - Stygian Software
Hi guys, As we promised with the last Underrail dev log, since February we've been focused exclusively on the Infusion project. Here's a little update on how that's going.

We're still ways off from having anything resembling an actual game, as I'm still working intently on the engine and the tools. Much of the old engine is either being changed or scrapped and replaced and it's going to take some time before we can get the new stuff operational.
Alaloth: Champions of The Four Kingdoms Previews

WCCFTech
With Soulslike action combat, deep role-playing mechanics, and a reactive world, Alaloth: Champions of The Four Kingdoms is not a simple homage to classic cRPGs, but a full-fledged modern game with an old-school flair. One that I cannot wait to play to finally see for myself what mysteries this beautiful world is hiding.
Fextralife
Alaloth: Champions of the Four Kingdoms doesn't have a solid release date or price at the moment. However, they did tease that the team is ramping up communications this 2022 to make up for lost time. They do seem to have many announcements coming this summer though.

Top 5 NEW RPGs of JUNE 2022 - (Action RPG, Turn-Based CRPG, JRPG, MMORPG)

In this series, we highlight the Top 5 RPGs for the upcoming month. In this edition, we're going to take a look at each of the titles, talk a little about each, and then explain why we think they deserve to be on the list. So join me now and find a mixture of some hidden gems and old favorites given a shiny new coat of paint.
Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak Preview & Gameplay Impression

In this Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak Expansion Preview, we'll be discussing the private presentation by Capcom that allowed us to enjoy two monster hunts and check out new features of the upcoming DLC. MH Rise: Sunbreak will release on June 30th for Switch and PC.

Warhammer 40k: Rogue Trader - Release Date Speculation

With the help of a public statement by an Owlcat CM we make some informed guesses about when we might see Rogue Trader's release date!
My Thoughts On Diablo Immortal

Talking a bit about diablo immortal, the mobile game set in the diablo universe.

Fextralife'S Top RPG News June 05, 2022

Diablo Immortal Roadmap to Hell, Alaloth Champions of the Four Kingdoms, Assassin's Creed Origin Next Gen 60 FPS Release, Warhammer 40k Rogue Trader CRPG, Pokemon Scarlet and Violet Release date, Dragon Age Dreadwolf, Final Fantasy 16 Dominance Trailer and Horizon Forbidden West Major Update on this week of Top RPG News June 05, 2022
Fallout: Miami AHA Announcement

We are excited to announce that we will be hosting a slew of charity streams alongside the Fallout for hope campaign for the month of June. We will be streaming for the American Heart Association's Play FAST with Pride event for this month's initiative.
Hands On - Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak Gameplay Preview

I recently went hands on with Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak, a huge expansion launching for PC on June 30th. Here are some of my thoughts 'n that.
This is Skyrim's Most Underrated Feature and It's NOT What you Think

Code of the Savage Update #39 - Kickstarter

Greetings backers! This round I did a terrible job of keeping records of changes made to the game. So I am sure I have missed many things in this update.
Fallout 5 Unreal Engine 5 Fan-Made Concept Trailer Is a Sight to Behold - Wccftech

Fallout 5 has yet to be announced, but this isn't stopping devoted fans from imagining how the game will look when it will finally get revealed.

Back
Top Bottom