What games are you playing now?

I just hit 103 hours in Witcher 3. :)

At the moment...

PC: Witcher 3, Fallout 4

PS Vita: Final Fantasy Tactics - War of the Lions

Having a back log meltdown at the moment and I have gone back to my ps3 to play few of the games that i never finished. I have resumed Folklore which is a lot of fun, especially with the soul/id grabbing mechanic which must look pretty strange for the neighbours to see me with my arms flailing all over the place. Next on the list is Ico.

Playing and enjoying the tactical shooter Unit 13 on the PS Vita ... it is reasonably solid and fun to play, actually uses the twin sticks and touch screen better than most PS Vita games, and presents a solid - but fair - challenge.

Sadly my Alienware 13 has just become too unstable since updating to Win10 so I decided to reformat the whole thing. Crap.

I'm currently playing through some classics like Alundra and Secret of Evermore.

By the way, I'm new here. Hi!

Took a break from fallout 4 to play bloodborne DLC. It's brutal, wonder if it was a bad idea to use my character that's ng+++.

Still Fallout 4 and ESO. Fallout 4 is getting easier now that I am level 14 and found a laser sniper rifle and have leveled up rifleman twice. Also, Codsworth is much tougher than Dogmeat. Sorry doggy. Still gets in the way of my shots though, but helps with tanking.

30+ hours deep in Suikoden III and loving it all over again. Also started an Icewind Dale: EE on Android playthrough. First time ever playing IWD and already know I'm going to really, really like it.

30+ hours deep in Suikoden III and loving it all over again. Also started an Icewind Dale: EE on Android playthrough. First time ever playing IWD and already know I'm going to really, really like it.

Suikoden is an incredible series! Highly underrated.

Playing Fairy Fencer F. Same type of game as the Hyperdimension Neptunia (same engine), but different universe. The story here is more traditional, God of badness and Goddess of goodness fought and they've been asleep for ages. You want to awake the Goddess and an evil corporation wants to wake up the God. Combat is like in HDN series.

Playing Fairy Fencer F. Same type of game as the Hyperdimension Neptunia (same engine), but different universe. The story here is more traditional, God of badness and Goddess of goodness fought and they've been asleep for ages. You want to awake the Goddess and an evil corporation wants to wake up the God. Combat is like in HDN series.

I watched the trailer on Steam, and all I saw was boobs. ;)

If unlike Neptunia they don't insult PC audience with unremovable eyehurting screentips to press X, Y, A or B, that'd be instabuy.

Suikoden is an incredible series! Highly underrated.

Indeed. I haven't played V, but the first four are all great games, including 2 all-time classic favorites for me - III and I.

If I had to rank them in order, it would be:

#1 - Suikoden III (top 5 ever RPG/game for me)
#2 - Suikoden (first Suikoden game I played back in the day. Life-changing)
#3 - Suikoden IV (contrary to popular belief, this is actually a pretty good game. Overworld terrain is replaced with water and sailing, random encounters included).
#4 - Suikoden II (Well, I only played this one one time and thought it was good, but it didn't inspire me as much as the first and third games did. Of course, I did play it many years after it was released as I never owned it as a kid, so I'd say it's due for a replay to see why people consider this one of the best RPGs ever)

I heard V is quite good as well and more of a "return to form" for the series after IV. But yes, this series is incredible, IMO. 108 recruitable characters, customizing strongholds, duels and large-scale battles, etc. etc. The series invented many unique aspects for RPGs.

We need Suikoden VI. :)

You can say that again. Or even an HD collection! :cool:

Have you ever played Vandal Hearts? It's another great Konami RPG that came out around the same time the Suikoden series debuted. However, it's a turn-based strategy RPG so I don't know if you're into those. Anyway, Vandal Hearts 2 is one of my favourite games of all time. A lot of reviewers crap on it because they don't understand how to play but this review at Video Chums really sums up what's so great about it:
The endless possibilities of any situation in battle keep you strategizing and learning from your mistakes. If you're not willing to learn how to play this game with its steep learning curve and complexities, then it can be very intimidating.
Basically, it's an acquired taste but once it gets you then man is it ever addictive.

Age of Decadence. Leaving bodies to rot all over the place. Dunno why, people just point, I stab. As you see, I have fun playing an assassin.

I'm also playing Hotline Miami 2 in short bursts (pun intended) and I'm trying to stay away from Civ4 (+some kind of mod that shortens your lifespan by a couple of years) and Space Rangers 2 HD, with mixed results.

You can say that again. Or even an HD collection! :cool:

Have you ever played Vandal Hearts? It's another great Konami RPG that came out around the same time the Suikoden series debuted. However, it's a turn-based strategy RPG so I don't know if you're into those. Anyway, Vandal Hearts 2 is one of my favourite games of all time. A lot of reviewers crap on it because they don't understand how to play but this review at Video Chums really sums up what's so great about it:

Basically, it's an acquired taste but once it gets you then man is it ever addictive.

Oh, yeah, loved Vandal Hearts as a kid but I only played the first game. However, I beat it a few times and loved it every time. Will have to play the second game sometime soon, for sure.

Indeed. I haven't played V, but the first four are all great games, including 2 all-time classic favorites for me - III and I.

If I had to rank them in order, it would be:

#1 - Suikoden III (top 5 ever RPG/game for me)

#2 - Suikoden (first Suikoden game I played back in the day. Life-changing)

#3 - Suikoden IV (contrary to popular belief, this is actually a pretty good game. Overworld terrain is replaced with water and sailing, random encounters included).

#4 - Suikoden II (Well, I only played this one one time and thought it was good, but it didn't inspire me as much as the first and third games did. Of course, I did play it many years after it was released as I never owned it as a kid, so I'd say it's due for a replay to see why people consider this one of the best RPGs ever)

I heard V is quite good as well and more of a "return to form" for the series after IV. But yes, this series is incredible, IMO. 108 recruitable characters, customizing strongholds, duels and large-scale battles, etc. etc. The series invented many unique aspects for RPGs.

I've always wanted to play them but have never managed too.

I've only got an old PC (around 7 years old) and 360. Where would you recommend I start?

Enjoy IWD, Fluent! Love that game :)

I've started a new game with IWD2, not as fun as IWD1, but I'm starting to get into D&D 3rd ed. Also started HotU again as well. Might even fire up SoZ too :)

Back
Top Bottom