KoA: Reckoning - Demo Available, Steam Preorders Open

Yes, we can agree on that. Unfortunately most games aren't made that way these days. I had several debates about the witcher 2 and skyrims ui because the were not optimized as much as they should have been for mouse and keyboard imo.

I've only played the pc demo so I can't comment on the others and yes I agreed it's an obvious port as most games are nowadays. (which I think is a bad thing.)

They don't have a better version of the pc demo to release. I think what we saw is exactly what we are going to get when the full game ships as far as controls are concerned. If your talking technically, it was pre-release code and I think the will have the glitches fixed in the final code.

As far as not releasing a pc demo. I think they would have taken far more criticism from the pc community as a whole for not releasing a demo at all vs releasing the one that they did.

I don't think we are arguing at all. I agree 100%. Pc games should be 100% optimized for m&k controls. Not only that pc games should be taking advantage of the extra horsepower that pc's have.

Unfortunately we live in the world of cross platform games. As long as console games continue to out sell pc games we pc gamers will be stuck playing console ports with limited k&m functionality.

So, we agree :)

You should be clearer. Controllers work with PCs, so it's an interface "designed" for PC (maybe as a second thought, though).

I think what you mean to say is a mouse and keyboard interface instead of a console oriented controller interface is ideal for PC gamers. PC gamers usually prefer a mouse keyboard interface, but I believe there are games designed around a controller interface that just won't play as well using a mouse and keyboard.

No, you should just use your brain a bit more.

The game was clearly designed for consoles first, and the PC version suffers for it - end of story.

Rather, you should try not to be so much of an asshole, and maybe these discussions wouldn't be so long and windy if you were better at expressing yourself clearly.

Your comment I was referring to was a general comment you made about PC games, not KoA specifically.

Last edited:
there is no try only DArtagnan

Rather, you should try not to be so much of an asshole, and maybe these discussion wouldn't be so long and windy if you were better at expressing yourself clearly.

Your comment I was referring to was a general comment you made about PC games, not KoA specifically.

If I'm an asshole because you're not using your brain, then so be it :)

Back
Top Bottom