Original Sin - Spring Is Coming

I remember going to computer trade shows and hobby groups to get patches. Of course, back in those days you could actually talk to Michael Dell of Dell computers :)

Technically, Spring is March 20th through June 20th…
Well, that would be the astronomical spring. Meteorological spring actually is March-May. ;)

But indeed this doesn't matter. I guess Larian themselves don't know what spring they're talking about.

Wow, some really old RPGers crawling out of the woodwork!

Just kidding, I love you all :D I waded lightly into the Steam Early Access of D:OS, just to get a feel for things and I must say it was great. I'm going to wait for the full version to be released..then play it a week later when the first patch is released :p

No disrespect to Larian - it's just that the breadth, depth and layered intricacies of the world and game systems of D:OS will surely cause some breakage.

Yeah I can see this needing a patch (or three) especially if they really push for the Spring thing...

That's ok. I can be patient ;)

Like I said before, I am playing the early acces
Got a good vibe already of what the possibilitys are of the game.
Didn't start over with the valentines patch yet. ( because I am also playing Kingdom of Alamur)
It all looks great and feels good, the only real bug i have noticed was the infinite xp loop. There might be need of some tweaking here and there
But can't wait for the moment it goes gold and the complete game opens up.

I remember going to computer trade shows and hobby groups to get patches. Of course, back in those days you could actually talk to Michael Dell of Dell computers :)

Yes, those were the time. Actual video games trade shows where you could buy OFFLINE. And actually talk to the developers ! Nowadays you can do that only on the Games Com, and even there most developers are locked away from the public in the Business Area. It's almost as if they don't want any buying customers anymore.

I had bought Indy 4 with its 5 ? 7 ? floppy discs on such a trade show. That was an huge investment for me ! But I never regrettet it. It's just a great game.
I only wish now I had bought an original Monkey Island game there as well - when it was till avilable. Boxed form.

That was the time when Shareware was great. Peter Norton's Tools were still shareware, and one could send in input and ideas to the Shareware authors and it was quickly programmed by them.

When everything got more "professionalized", then this close contact went away.
Instead, huge companies were built that lost the ccontact to the ground anbd just lifted off and flew away, in big, huge motherships.

Therefore I'm glad that with Kickstarter and the whole Indie scene we have that again. Although no-one does tools through these channels anymore.

Pledge $150 or more

3 backers
Limited (7 left of 10)

================
Disk-Trader
================
You will receive Divinity:
Original Sin as a boxed
copy with 4287 floppy
disks (3½''). Make sure
to have enough space
in your room as the box