General News - The Most Anticipated RPGs of 2020

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
GamePressure share their list of the most anticipated RPGs of 2020.

Dark Envoy

6615812.jpg

1. Genre: RPG
  2. Release date: 2020
  3. Platforms: PC, PS4, XONE
  4. Developer: Event Horizon

I have a feeling that Dark Envoy may turn out to be one of the biggest surprises of this year. Or maybe I'm just being seduced by every trailer with Blues Saraceno music?

Dark Envoy was announced as an ambitious, complex video game, which draws inspiration from Mass Effect, and above all from the Divinity: Original Sin series. This means that we'll get a powerful tactical RPG with turn-based combat, a great world to explore, and complex relationships between heroes. The main protagonists are two siblings who are repairing their parents' ship to embark on a great expedition.

The world itself also looks promising as it mixes the arcane-punk style (a combination of magic and technology) with a spaghetti western. The world is dominated by people who have brought old races to the brink of extinction due to their new technology. The reality presented in such a way creates a great opportunity for good scriptwriters to show off. We will visit vast lands, cities and dungeons (the latter are randomly generated), discover their secrets and take part in battles with powerful opponents. Our tactical skills and abilities will decide whether we end up victorious. We'll embark on this journey alone or, like in Divinity, in cooperation mode.

The Event Horizon has developed quite a successful Tower of Time, so we can remain calm about the quality of this Dark Envoy.
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

draws inspiration from Mass Effect

What.

Does it have 3 endings in different colors?

Because otherwise I do not see anything relevant…

A game that is not an alien dating sim has no right to say "inspired by mass effect".
Even worse, there is the design atrocity ME trilogy never bothered with:
dungeons (the latter are randomly generated
Yes, ME4 had randomly generated trashmobs and task objectives on the world map. That made the game - worse.

Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen can wait to get my paws on gameplay.
Dark Envoy Hm, not sure about that one. Something about it, don't know... lack of charm maybe?

Final Fantasy 7 - No Thanks

Dragon Ball Z - No Thanks

Vampire Bloodlines 2 - My #4 most anticipated game

Darkest Dungeon 2 - I backed the first one but could never really get into it. I'll prob pass

Biomutant - Wait and see, some interest

Wolcen - Not for me

Nioh 2 - Bought Nioh 1 on sale on a whim and ended up really liking it. I'll no doubt wait for a sale for #2 as well but looking forward to it.

Gamedec - Has potential. Keeping my eye on it.

Torchlight Frontiers Not for me

Persona 5 Royal No Thanks

Dark Envoy - Looks good so far. Also keeping an eye on this

Realms Beyond - My #2 most anticipated

Wasteland 3 - My #5 most anticipated game

Werewolf the Apocalypse Another one to keep an eye on, I'm intrigued.

Cyberpunk 2077 - My #1 most anticipated

Pretty good list overall. Has 4 of my top 5, only missing my #3, Knights of the Chalice 2. I'd also add Colony Ship and System Shock, although I would suspect Colony ship will be 2021.

2020 really could be a banner year. It's crazy that Wasteland 3 and Bloodlines 2, both games that on a normal year would be my #1 most anticipated, are not even in my top 3!

Just to say I've finished Dragon Ball Z.
Most anticipated it was absolutely not, but a friend is obsessed with that stupid anime so… and the game summed up is pretty much mediocre:

Story - okay
Graphics - meh
Music and sounds - meh
Boss fights - great
Openworld - endlessly respawning annoying trashmobs and irrelevant collectibles, horrible
Sideactivities - racing in hovercar or robotic jumper, QTE baseball, absolute rubbish!
Main quests - fine
Side quests - mostly repetitive fetch or pwn a trashmob group idiocies

Means, I can't recommend it at it's price, good for a rainy day but wait for sale.

On the list I see a few titles that interest me, but there are more where my reaction on seeing those as most anticipated is basically WTF.
Persona 5 for example. Isn't that some ancient junk from consoles?

Final Fantasy 7 - No Thanks

Dragon Ball Z - No Thanks

Vampire Bloodlines 2 - My #4 most anticipated game

Darkest Dungeon 2 - I backed the first one but could never really get into it. I'll prob pass

Biomutant - Wait and see, some interest

Wolcen - Not for me

Nioh 2 - Bought Nioh 1 on sale on a whim and ended up really liking it. I'll no doubt wait for a sale for #2 as well but looking forward to it.

Gamedec - Has potential. Keeping my eye on it.

Torchlight Frontiers Not for me

Persona 5 Royal No Thanks

Dark Envoy - Looks good so far. Also keeping an eye on this

Realms Beyond - My #2 most anticipated

Wasteland 3 - My #5 most anticipated game

Werewolf the Apocalypse Another one to keep an eye on, I'm intrigued.

Cyberpunk 2077 - My #1 most anticipated

Pretty good list overall. Has 4 of my top 5, only missing my #3, Knights of the Chalice 2. I'd also add Colony Ship and System Shock, although I would suspect Colony ship will be 2021.

2020 really could be a banner year. It's crazy that Wasteland 3 and Bloodlines 2, both games that on a normal year would be my #1 most anticipated, are not even in my top 3!

Pretty much sums me up with the exception of your list positioning, Wasteland 3 is top for me.

Yes I'm kind of interested in what I've seen of Dark Envoy. Flying around in a skyship sounds novel, but will it have much impact on play?

I think the only ones from the list that could prove interesting to me are gamedec and dark envoy.

As someone else said colony ship from Iron Tower studious is another one and is probably my number 1 for now.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Final Fantasy 7 - Probably not

Dragon Ball Z - No way

Vampire Bloodlines 2 - Definitely, but I'm getting 2021 vibes

Darkest Dungeon 2 - I could just keep playing the first one

Biomutant - first time hearing about it… crafting heavy, story light so probably not

Wolcen - no

Nioh 2 - I skipped 1 but was on the fence… I'll either get this or finally buy 1

Gamedec - sounds cool, keeping an eye on it

Torchlight Frontiers nope

Persona 5 Royal yeah… I petered out on it before, but I've gotten back into JRPGs somewhat

Dark Envoy - just heard of it

Realms Beyond - depends on narrative elements

Wasteland 3 - definitely

Werewolf the Apocalypse - I have a strong feeling this will be bad

Cyberpunk 2077 - curses upon the delay

I think the only ones from the list that could prove interesting to me are gamedec and dark envoy.

As someone else said colony ship from Iron Tower studious is another one and is probably my number 1 for now.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Colony ship is shaping up greatly and I definitely look forward to it as well. But release date is fall 2021. Which means 2022 most likely, I suppose ...

I feel like one of my most hated 'games' is the 'click per page' article game. Sad to still see it in 2020, maybe in 2021 the genre will die

Yeah I love getting new adds that are on every page you click. Not a bad list. Nice seeing Realms Beyond getting some love.

Yeah I love getting new adds that are on every page you click. Not a bad list. Nice seeing Realms Beyond getting some love.

My lord, no adblocker!!! You are my hero! How can you live like that… Barbaric, i like it. .:)

Realms Beyond, I would turn my adblocker off for you!

My lord, no adblocker!!! You are my hero! How can you live like that… Barbaric, i like it. .:)

Realms Beyond, I would turn my adblocker off for you!

Well I meant the ads they do that are built into the page. I do have an adblocker. :)

Back
Top Bottom