What games are you playing now?

Hum. Maybe i will give it a try given that always wished my dogs could live to 20. Hum. So many options in this area - it sounds like a game takes months to play - not like hack where it last a couple of days. Anyway still need to look into how these games differ (rimworld, caves of qud, adom , dwarf fortress, ….) so many of these games and all seem to have a lot of fans.

Rimworld. Mind you Desiree went through 3 heart attacks to live till 20 :/

Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire.
I couldn't help myself and decided to get my Veteran play-through underway now that I'm on school holidays. While it is more polished and sharpened or "refined" in some ways than its predecessor, the combat is definitely weaker and the "usage per encounter" spell-casting really spoils that classic AD&D like sense of hardship created from a long challenge filled adventure or journey. There's no attrition at all from spell usage and injuries don't amount to much anymore when resting is so easy. I'm definitely going to reserve my Path of the Damned run for when all of the DLC are finally out when hopefully the difficulty has been tweaked to be more in line with the first game.

I'm also competing in the MAME Gaming League. We're playing Mario Brothers, Speed Rumbler and Crazy Kong at the moment. A new game is revealed every two weeks. This is only my second time playing in this; but the first was an absolute blast!

I'm also dipping in and out of playing lots of classic 80's & 90's sh'mups, particularly Toaplan games like Flying Shark, Twin Cobra, Truxton, Vimana…)
I love that constant challenge of getting further with one credit when games like this have that alluring "what's coming up next? I must have one more go" quality to their game-play. :)

Last edited:
I don't even look at health bars in WoW since the sound effects are enough to figure out the out come of my attacks etc.

"Uh" - "Ah !" - "Eh ..." "Urgh" "Fft" "Hoi !" etc. ... ?

I'm still mucking about with Shining Force one, haven't touched it in almost a week and might get back to it later today after the games. Sports, books, and real life stuff get in the way of honest gaming!

I'm thinking of trying to finish playing either Original Sin 1&2 as some other game always pulled me away, or maybe finish Dishonored 2 and it's expansion. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
I played a few hours of KCD - and I have mixed thoughts.

On the one hand, I find the scenery very well done - and the story is surprisingly well told and rather intriguing. I found the introduction touching and well presented. The history stuff is a wonderful touch as well.

I love the art style of the interface, too. It hits that mark of being a semi-realistic medieval game and the interface supports that feeling.

Seems like there's plenty of RPG elements too, with what looks like significant dialogue options and alternate ways to solve problems. Good stuff.

But, on the other hand, you can tell this was done by a team that just didn't have all they needed to accomplish this. There's a ton of little awkward glitches and annoyances.

The armor clipping is exceptionally poor - considering the otherwise excellent textures and models. It clashes quite heavily in that way.

The voice work is also a very mixed bag. Some of the characters are quite good, if not great - but then there are really, really bad choices - like having a young guy voice an obvious key elder.

The controls are slow and clunky - and they use that awful "hold down key" system that's common on console games, but definitely don't belong in a PC game.

Worst of all are the performance issues - which is one reason I've waited so long to play it, because I was hoping it would be improved. It's not terrible, but it's not good, either. After so many patches, I guess that's about it for optimization.

I don't know, man.

They're getting so much right - and yet it's just out of reach, I think.

E.Y.E. 6th or 7th restarting now, I guess?
I'll finish it this time, even if it kills me.

Oxenfree. The perfect interlude for after MEA. I'm *loving* it so far. It is a slow-moving adventure (mystery) with little gameplay so far. But I find the characters really engaging (despite being pretty normal teenagers) and I want to know where the story goes. The gameplay consists mostly of walking from A to B while talking to your friends. I like the dialogue system and the voice actors are quite good.

Recommended for the more adventure gamers around here. Don't expect much gameplay (or puzzles).

Started playing Antharion. I think I've had the game since it was released, but I had only briefly tried it before. It's cute in an old school kind of way, but it seems really simplistic. Not sure if I see myself finishing this one.

I'm drowning in really good games right now - but I can't seem to find one to focus on.

Here are the ones that I'm currently playing:

Battletech
Pillars of Eternity 2
Prey
Neverwinter Online
Destiny 2
Dying Light
Dex
Kingdom Come

Instead of sitting down and playing one of them, I'm now considering Andromeda again, because I never finished it.

Sigh….

Started playing Antharion. I think I've had the game since it was released, but I had only briefly tried it before. It's cute in an old school kind of way, but it seems really simplistic. Not sure if I see myself finishing this one.

How far in are you - can you say if the exploration is any good? (ie, interesting things to find, varied locations etc?). I backed it on Kickstarter and I played through the first dungeon on release, which I thought was ok but a bit simple like you say. I've been meaning to go back to it.

Defense of the Ancients 2!!!

I have started Dota 2 5 years ago and i still play it. It was an awesome game(it still is i guess :p) . I used to play in the South East Asia(SEA) server also known as cancer server :p lol. Although you find a lot of dumb players on this server,you find some good players as well which makes the games interesting.

Although new patches make me want to quit the game forever, i still play it(not as often as i used to play before). This is the only game that i have ever played for so many hours!! It’s less fun now because the matchmaking sucks(it always sucked,but it sucks more now).

I'm drowning in really good games right now - but I can't seem to find one to focus on.
The first step is to uninstall some and never look back.
Neverwinter from Perfect Scam Entertainment and Prey rubbish come in mind first.
I know you're all into Destiny 2, but it's unworthy on anyone's time.

How far in are you - can you say if the exploration is any good? (ie, interesting things to find, varied locations etc?). I backed it on Kickstarter and I played through the first dungeon on release, which I thought was ok but a bit simple like you say. I've been meaning to go back to it.

Exploration seems fun, but I've only checked out the first dungeon, the first town, and part of another dungeon so far. I'm going to start over because I'm not satisfied with the party I created. I made it in somewhat of a hurry because I just wanted to dive into the game, and there are certain skills I neglected.

I think loot is both fixed and random depending on the container. There's a skill called Foraging which increases both the amount and value of items found and dropped by enemies. That skill, along with Barter, are apparently very useful because enemies do not respawn and resources are finite. Gold is extremely valuable because it's needed for purchasing gear and also for training up skills.

It doesn't seem like a game that gets easier quickly, and I like that resources are scarce.

I've seen it said that the latter parts of game don't feel as finished as the earlier parts. I like it enough though that I'm going to create a new party and see how far I go with it.

This weekend a bit of SR: Dragonfall, some mucking around in X3:TC and a bit of TSW. Wish I could settle on something.

@JDR13;
For reference and related nostalgic reading, here's a link to my old Antharion thread from when I played it. https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33726
I remember you were one of the backers here when the game first got announced in one of the early threads.

Whilst it is a bit limited tactics wise, I still had quite a good deal of fun with it. Getting mauled by seagulls in the early game and the excellent visceral sound fx is something I'll always remember fondly. :)

Back
Top Bottom