Underworld Ascendant - Release Day

Is Prey a FPS like Bioshock or Dishonored? I have the worst FPS skillz ever, but I did okay (finished) in those games.

as far as UA, last hotfix was last Friday, so no updated save options yet.

Yea. I would say it is closer to system shock 2 than bioshock/dishonored; BUT it has a lot more critters - so combat is frequent (but it does support sneak skills). Balance is a bit off and you are fairly fragile but if that drives you insane you can lower the difficulty. I found it very good but some people can't stand it (just ask joxer). I wouldn't call it game of the year (would be better if it sold better and had more patches to fix respawns and balance); but it is very good (imho).

Is Prey a FPS like Bioshock or Dishonored? I have the worst FPS skillz ever, but I did okay (finished) in those games.

as far as UA, last hotfix was last Friday, so no updated save options yet.

I played it for an hour to test it out and couldn't stomach any more. It was just so horribly dull and lacking in meaningful content.

As I feared before interviewing Community Manager Sam back in January (https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38803) the game is much more akin to a poor man's take on Thief meets Dark Messiah than Underworld. There seems to be barely any RPG elements and the game relies heavily upon physics and basic puzzles. There are problems with getting stuck in the environment and the AI is very basic. The map's aren't one continuous dungeon and without characters to interact with via dialogue and bartering, there's little to no trace of UU feeling at all.

I'm going to leave it for awhile for the updates/fixes, but to say I'm disappointed is an understatement. I've not backed any other game at a higher level than this one.
Seems like we won't get a true UU and Arx Fatalis successor for some time yet.

This is my first ever Steam refund. I normally wait whilst Devs fix bugs, but in this case I just don't have any confidence that they'll be able to fix the save system.

My guess is, and I honestly don't know much about programming, but if they are going to implement a real save system, it will take quite some time. I'm praying that they do, but who knows.

Back
Top Bottom