What games are you playing now?

Still playing DOS-2; reached Arx. Not in arx yet but they added about 6 hours of stuff just outside arx. Well not really 6 hours but a couple of massive fights. Well one massive fight and one more amusing encounter which I won't describe. Actually there were 2 massive fights and one amusing enouncter. yea i got right that time. That first optional fight well you have to be well - avoid the fog !

I've been playing Disgaea Five for the computer maybe two weeks now, on and off. I haven't made it very far, my main class people are only like level ten through twelve, I'm still learning some of the mechanics. In many ways this game seems quite different from the other two that I've played in the series, and I'm trying not to mess up along the way.

Is it fun? Does it have good kb/m controls? Any feedback beyond you are playing it for other potential buyers ?

I've been playing Disgaea Five for the computer maybe two weeks now, on and off. I haven't made it very far, my main class people are only like level ten through twelve, I'm still learning some of the mechanics. In many ways this game seems quite different from the other two that I've played in the series, and I'm trying not to mess up along the way.

I play using both keyboard/mouse and a controller, and each works just fine. It is fun, I enjoy it while playing, but always wonder if I'm doing things right or forgetting something along the way, as there seems to be a lot going on in this current iteration versus the first two games. Maybe the third and fourth games had some of the new stuff in them, but since I didn't play either much of the new content is new and startling.

I can say this much, in maybe fifteen hours of play I've already gotten my money's worth, no doubt about that.

Darksiders: warmastered edition

The environments are much more diverse than I expected. A good thing just like the (so far) interesting story. The camera controls suck really hard

Action games. The controls aren't perfect but they aren't horrible for a console port. I played the first one and loved it but haven't gotten to the second but should probably play it soon (in my backlog). There is a new one to be released soon (not sure if it is by the same folks and as good). They have some puzzles but are mostly action - not really an rpg at all but not a shooter. If the new one is as good as the first one I'd definitely buy it at some point -but having said that from what you've said on threads about the games you like I'm not sure this is your cup of tea.

Btw this is one of the games nordic cleaned up and enhanced for free when they purchased some of thq assets (titan quest is another).

I've heard about Darksiders before, but haven't played any of them to date. Are they action-type games, or more turn based?

Last edited:
Like God of war. If you like those ones... 90% action with some platforming and puzzle rooms included for good measure.

I hated the camera behavior in the beginning. It is too close to your character and doesn't react fast enough when you change direction with your character. I felt like I had no oversight at all. You get used to it though.

No choosing quests or dialogue but the story is supposedly good. Not that unique, but still fun premise.

Mostly trying to stick to development - but I do play Kingmaker and some FO76.

I've been unable to get my coop group to go for FO76 - so I'm trying not to play it until the time is right.

Kingmaker - after patches - is great, but I don't know if it will last.

I finally, after eleventy-billion years, beat Ghostbusters for the C64. I've been getting squished with only one 'Buster at most making it through the doors to Zuul for years.

I also beat Final Fantasy 1 (GBA port). It was okay, clocking in around 11 hours minus the Dawn of Souls bonus dungeons, but it's combat was far too frequent, with random battles about twice every step. Also far too easy, since I gained levels so quickly just bashing through the endless random battles, I ended up over leveled for everything except the end boss, who wasn't all that challenging, but did manage to kill one useless character.

I'm more shocked that you are still playnig on a working c64 than having actually beat the game.

I finally, after eleventy-billion years, beat Ghostbusters for the C64. I've been getting squished with only one 'Buster at most making it through the doors to Zuul for years.

I also beat Final Fantasy 1 (GBA port). It was okay, clocking in around 11 hours minus the Dawn of Souls bonus dungeons, but it's combat was far too frequent, with random battles about twice every step. Also far too easy, since I gained levels so quickly just bashing through the endless random battles, I ended up over leveled for everything except the end boss, who wasn't all that challenging, but did manage to kill one useless character.

Good work! Really enjoyed that game back in the day. My personal long term goal - 33 years and counting - is to beat Master of Magic, the mastertronic game with the ace Rob Hubbard music. I have never managed to get past the bloody minotaur. One day, minotaur, one day...

That Ghostbuster game was a toughie, I well remember playing that one. Good job on licking it!

I have it as well ... I might retry it one day.

For the past few weeks it's been NWN:EE on the World of Greyhawk server. There's no real story to follow per se. Being based off old AD&D modules there are quests, usually relatively straightforward, although long and time consuming to complete. Being a PW it's more like a quasi ARPG than a story based RPG.

For the past few weeks it's been NWN:EE on the World of Greyhawk server. There's no real story to follow per se. Being based off old AD&D modules there are quests, usually relatively straightforward, although long and time consuming to complete. Being a PW it's more like a quasi ARPG than a story based RPG.

Sounds interesting. I just purchased NWN:EE during the Black Friday sale, so maybe I'll check out that server. Are there custom Greyhawk-specific monsters, etc, or does it just use existing assets?

I'm playing Fallout 76. It's not great, but it scratches my exploration itch. It's really not a very good game. If I wasn't the exact target audience for this type of game, it'd be a definite "wait for patches/dlc" game. It amuses me vastly that people are already getting this for half price :)

If I wasn't the exact target audience for this type of game, it'd be a definite "wait for patches/dlc" game.

Bethesda said:
Stash Limit Increase: We hear you loud and clear. We will be increasing the stash limit in the coming weeks. The current limit is there for technical reasons, to cap the number of items the game is tracking in the world, including every container and stash. We believe we have some ideas in both the short- and long-term that will address the size without risking stability, but this is one we need to take our time on to make sure it is done right.

It's all about how they fix the storage space issues. The stash/inventory seems to be doing everything it can to stop me playing the game. I want to collect EVERYTHING. I might need it at some point. Can always sell it. If I've taken the time to look in a box then I might as well loot it and the game might as well let me. :bigcry:

They need to fix vendors having no cash too so I can offload some Bulk Steel. Also, why doesn't Bulk weigh less?! I was surprised it didn't! Bethesda sucks at making games!

Back
Top Bottom