Elminage Original Having a major problem

Ok I have been getting into the game, and I must say I like it, I have one problem though not sure if anyone can help me out. My characters are around level 8 and I am pretty much stuck in the first dungeon on the 3rd floor, I have ran into this group of enemy ghosts a couple of times I beat them 2 times. (the Brendal group) Well I have ran into them for a 3rd time and they kicked my a** about 10 times now. they are like level 12 I am stuck and I already tried to escape and my fighter was able to escape but he only had like 8 hp lol so I never make it out alive. Anyone know what I can do against this group? I've tried to search on it but don't find anything useful. Also it doesnt matter what I do when i load the last save I always run into them on the 7th step I take no matter what direction I go.

If someone gives you a solution then I apologise in advance, but it sounds to me like the unistall and never reinstall fix would sort the issue out.

I wouldn't uninstall any Elminage game. If you are into the more "hardcore" dungeon-crawlers, they are some of my favorite ones out there.

And you are playing this on an emulator? You might have to start a new game and better prepare, or load a previous save (you should always keep multiple saves in any RPG. I usually keep at least 10-20).

Also, the Alchemist class in Elminage Gothic has a spell that auto-flees from battle. That is extremely handy in these games. Not sure about EO but maybe they have something similar.

I wouldn't uninstall any Elminage game. If you are into the more "hardcore" dungeon-crawlers, they are some of my favorite ones out there.

And you are playing this on an emulator? You might have to start a new game and better prepare, or load a previous save (you should always keep multiple saves in any RPG. I usually keep at least 10-20).

Also, the Alchemist class in Elminage Gothic has a spell that auto-flees from battle. That is extremely handy in these games. Not sure about EO but maybe they have something similar.
I like the game, and if you like Wizardry you will like Elminage. Yes I'm using a psp emulator. I have not tried EG yet thinking of giving it a try after this one. Yes it seems I must create a new party. I heard EG is a lot harder. Oh boy i'm in for a treat lol.

EG is hard at first, but once you get teleportation magic it's not so bad. As I said, I would like to see more "hardcore" options that you could turn on at the beginning of the game. Limited saving, for one. But it's a little daunting and difficult at first but gets easier later in the game (although some of those dungeons are indeed perilous). :p

Just save often and keep multiple saves and you'll be good. Oh, and carry about 5 stacks of Magic Maps at all times, for sure. :)

No problem. :)

One more thing, when the dungeon warns you you should have teleportation magic to enter it, heed the warning. :)

A Mage is essential in EG because of that teleportation spell. It is a 7th level spell, I believe, and to get it at the "right time" you may have to grind a level or 2. However, there is an excellent respawning grinding point that has Lesser Demons, which give oodles of EXP (especially when they call their friends into battle), so you can level up quite easily there. Then you can tackle the dungeons better equipped with teleportation.

One more thing, when the dungeon warns you you should have teleportation magic to enter it, heed the warning. :)

A Mage is essential in EG because of that teleportation spell. It is a 7th level spell, I believe, and to get it at the "right time" you may have to grind a level or 2. However, there is an excellent respawning grinding point that has Lesser Demons, which give oodles of EXP (especially when they call their friends into battle), so you can level up quite easily there. Then you can tackle the dungeons better equipped with teleportation.

Sounds more and more like Wizardry 5 :) I love it. Thank You

Oh I got the gog version of EG I really like it better than the psp EO I also read a lot of things about the maps being a very bad thing, I found a mod that make 1 map unlimited it is very nice. Having to have 100's of maps to me is not a challenge just a ui problem. this mod fixes that.

IMO the map system is not a flaw, but rather encourages the player to use more memorization and immerse themselves in the dungeon/maze itself. It allows you to learn more of the direction by playing rather than just relying on the map at all times. It also adds to the inventory management since each character can only carry so many items, so there is an aspect of considering what is absolutely needed as you delve into dungeons which are sometimes several levels deep.

It's not perfect but I like features like that that add different types of management elements to the game. Once you get teleportation magic the map system is much less consequential since you can just zip inside and out of a dungeon at will. :)

IMO the map system is not a flaw, but rather encourages the player to use more memorization and immerse themselves in the dungeon/maze itself. It allows you to learn more of the direction by playing rather than just relying on the map at all times. It also adds to the inventory management since each character can only carry so many items, so there is an aspect of considering what is absolutely needed as you delve into dungeons which are sometimes several levels deep.

It's not perfect but I like features like that that add different types of management elements to the game. Once you get teleportation magic the map system is much less consequential since you can just zip inside and out of a dungeon at will. :)

Ahh...I was not aware of that I just read everyone else complaining about it lol Thanks for the info.

Those types of features can seem quirky but are perfect (or at least, a good step towards perfect) for a "hardcore" style crawler or RPG. Ideally, there would be an option at the beginning of the game to tailor the game to your liking (such as Bard's Tale IV should have, if Brian and company still plan on doing the hardcore options...). So if you want to limit saving, or map usage, etc., you can select it at the beginning as an option.

Things like limited saving or limited map use may seem silly at first, but when you combine it with limited inventory, small stacks of items, etc., it makes for more party and inventory management. I.e. when you set out for a dungeon you have to be prepared, think carefully about what you want to carry and generally be ready to delve into a deep dungeon. So the effect of this is that items carry more weight and are more meaningful. Rather than being able to carry 50 healing potions, you must carry a smaller amount and "make it work". Also, the D&D style spell system needs to be managed in the same way (you have a limited amount of casts per rest and you can only restore the spells at an Inn, etc.). :)

I know these sorts of thing is not for everyone but I happen to like it in games like EG and hopefully soon, Bard's Tale IV. :)

Back
Top Bottom