The Mystery Scene Game

Oh joy, a scene from a movie I've seen! :w00t:

The Serbian oroginal title is Crna macka, beli macor, and the french original title is Chat noir, chat blanc. The Swedish title is Svart Katt, Vit Katt, which translates to Black Cat, White Cat.

You are correct! It is indeed from Black Cat, White Cat. A manic romp of pure delight which everyone should watch!

71 was Ran huh? Wow, I haven't seen that in.... a really bloody long time. Easily 20+ years. When I looked at the picture, something twigged in my memory saying it was from a Shakespeare adaptation, and I thought Throne Of Blood but that didn't seem right at all, for the picture.

No - 71 wasn't Ran, but the actor was also in Ran ... which made me whimsical for the film ...

Ah. Reading comprehension skills weren't so good yesterday :|

*sigh*

This should be pretty easy. Can you guess which one, though? It's my favourite despite the farsicle story. This has the best opening scene I've seen of any film.

Mystery Scene #73

Last edited:
Is it... Conquest of the Planet of the Apes? I haven't seen them in a long time - can't quite remember which is which. That scene makes me want to watch them again though! Oh, and I posted a #72, actually, so yours is #73!

Is it "Battle for the Planet of the Apes"?

God I used to watch all of those repeatedly when they were on Saturday afternoons in the 70's ... but now i can't recall which is which. This is either 'Battle' or 'Conquest' ... but I'll go with 'Battle'.

Fixed

It is indeed Conquest of the Planet of the Apes. I can't find the opening 5 minutes but the Trailer is just as great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqpRkGvcnbE

Here's Caesar's speech:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1QEhLl-n-Q&mode=related&search=

There is an interesting conundrum with the storyline. The leader of the Ape rebellion is supposed to be an Ape named Aldo, the first Ape to speak. His first words? "No".

In "Conquest" it is Caesar who leads the rebellion of course but at one point in the movie he meets a gorilla named Aldo.

Battle for the Planet of the Apes is the one with Claude Atkins as the gorilla. "Ape killed Ape". His name? Aldo.

Also, I loved the TV show.

dangit! yes, that's it

I thought maybe you woudnt recognize shirley. Yeah, it was a funny movie, loved it when Grant decided to fight fire with fire and went all hipster on them.

Fabulous Baker Boys?

...though I doubt it. Anyway, it's one of the two the only MP movies I've seen IIRC, and it certainly isn't the other one.

Back
Top Bottom