Underdogs disapeared?

Dasale

SasqWatch
Is the Underdogs site has been closed? I can't access it anymore.

I was just there less than a week ago... but it is dead for me now too.

I wouldn't be too worried about it, the server for that site has always been extremely slow, and frequently stops working altogether for short periods.

I tried 3 times this week and the site wasn't up. I just tried again and still nothing. Well few RPG tried learn me patience, let apply the lessons now. ;)

What are you using the site for? If it's just for downloading, there's always some other place to get something (I've founds various games on Abandonia, for example). If you're browing it for recommendations, well... I'm sure someone here can recommend a really-cool-game-you-never-heard-of.

Is there another use for the site, anyway? :p

I go there from time to time to either refresh my memory on some great games or find out about ones I didn't know about. Mobygames is the only other place that I know of that has as extensive a list of games as underdogs.

Abandonia is a great site but still it would be sad to see HOTU die out, even though it hasn't been updated for a long time at least it was still around.

Browsing the list of games and check some reviews is fun. I don't know any site that is near to have such an extensive list of PC CRPG. Additionally there was sometimes some useful technical advices and some special version that could help. Yes I know Abandonia, it is good but not as good for abandonware CRPG and for me its reviews aren't as safe than those of Underdogs. I checked quickly MobyGames and its list of PC CRPG is short.

i liked reading Underdogs' reviews. too bad if it's gone for forever.

Are we sure it's gone forever? Anyone confirmed this? I hope it comes back up, as it gives a fair amount of information about old games I have yet to play.

Try the internet archive.

I don't think it will be completely wrecked. Too many publishers not signing onto GOG, plus it seems like they are focusing on mid 90's and later.

Depends. If GOG becomes insanely popular, then maybe ...

Underdogs was good for rare older advertisement games, which are very difficult to find.

I noticed PPGdot also disappeared a while ago. At first there was a message saying that they were undergoing some extensive changes and then suddenly nothing at all

The Dot posted an announcement that they were going bye-bye. It hit our news here a couple weeks ago and some tears were shed.

I did make a partial copy via HTTrack (the program) of the RPGDot forums, but I stopped this at one point and forgot to make it to the end, so I can't say how much I've actually saved.

I really hope Underdogs comes back. Even if they totally got rid of game downloads, it would still be a great site for looking up games and game info.

Thd Underdogs site hadn't been upgraded since january 2006, I think? or was it 2007? My best guess is that the girl who runs the site just paid for a 2 year or 3 year old hosting of the site and then forgot all about it. And then it slowly died.

I, too, hope it come back.

There isn't anyone of you that has an e-mail adress ? for the owner so you can write to her or asking her about what happened.

It is also possible that the site is undergoing a massive change at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom