Wasteland 2 - Coming to Switch

I'll be getting this since I prefer playing on handheld as I now realized so maybe I will complete the game this time.

My kids are getting a Switch for Christmas. Shhh...

You can see why when you factor in the Switch has sold 10 million worldwide already.
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/940566931987423232

Going off topic a little here but I think the growing mobile market will help the Switch in the long run rather than stifle it. I am sure there are people like me that would like greater control in my games than on mobile phones and all the issues that come with medium end gaming on mobile phones.

Probably. Touchscreens really are lacking for gaming in many ways. A handheld is generally way better. My kids have always liked the Nintendo DS, which also managed to sneak in a little touchscreen that, to the machine's benefit, isn't the primary focus.

Probably. Touchscreens really are lacking for gaming in many ways. A handheld is generally way better. My kids have always liked the Nintendo DS, which also managed to sneak in a little touchscreen that, to the machine's benefit, isn't the primary focus.

Can you hook a Switch up to a gaming monitor? I am seriously considering getting one but don't own a tv.

Can you hook a Switch up to a gaming monitor? I am seriously considering getting one but don't own a tv.

You will be able to if you have a monitor that hdmi and run something form the monitor to your speakers. Otherwise you need a hdmi to displayport or DVI converter and a 3.5mm jack to your speaker.

HDMI to Imac display

HDMI to DVI setup

Hdmi to displayport setup

That said the main benefit of the Switch is to play in portable mode, other than exclusives there is no reason not to get a PS4 which is $250 with a game or an XB1 that is $189 the last I have seen it if you are no going to use the handheld functionality.

If you like exclusive titles, you should check out Shin Megami Tensei V that will probably come out somewhere in 2019. Basically it s an apocalypse story that has angels and demons fighting, the angels and demons come from Shintoism, Chrisitanity, Hinduism and a few of their own creations I believe. You are a human that is generally given some power and what you choose to do with that power is up to you, you can choose to side with God, the Devil or choose neither and choose a "neutral" path which is generally seen as the "good" path as God and the Devil are usually interpreted as assholes in these games. It has a lot of customization and it is usually turnbased.

Here is a trailer that shows nothing, but you can expect graphics like this:

Switch is excellent for this kind of 50-100 hrs gaming.
You can play games on the loo, in the office, in your bed, in your living room.
Seriously: there is something truly great playing Skyrim during a restroom break. ;)

The only problem would the UI: finding a proper text font size is very important, because it must be readable in portable mode AND on your TV as well.

If you like exclusive titles, you should check out Shin Megami Tensei V

One simply cannot have enough Shin Megami Tensei goodness.
However, please note, the game is touching certain sensitive subjects, so it is not recommended for overly religious folks.

As for the graphics on Switch:

Yes. This game looks fantastic on TV (it drops resolution in handheld mode, but still playable)

My kids are getting a Switch for Christmas. Shhh…

My kids are as well. I'm looking forward to Breath of the Wild.

TBH though I've already got WL2 on Steam so I probably won't pick it up for the Switch.

I’ve owned just about every handheld gaming device but always end up selling them after 6 months of it just sitting around.

Mobile gaming sounds great in theory “game anytime and anywhere” but I’ve never been able to get into it. I found I only like to game at home, if I’m out somewhere I’m there to do something other than gaming.

So I’ve given up on mobile gaming and won’t be getting a switch but good games reaching more people is always a good thing in my book.

Mobile gaming, to me - is like topping-less pizza. Unless I'm actually not mobile at the time.

One simply cannot have enough Shin Megami Tensei goodness.
However, please note, the game is touching certain sensitive subjects, so it is not recommended for overly religious folks.

As for the graphics on Switch:

Yes. This game looks fantastic on TV (it drops resolution in handheld mode, but still playable)

I dont think that XC2 is the best example of what the Switch could do, it started development on the Wii U and moved over to the Switch. SMTV used Unreal Engine 4 which has been optimized for the Switch and made ground up for the Switch. It should be a level above XC2 in terms of graphics.

As for SMTV not recommended for overly religious folk, I am one of those overly religious folk and at first when I was young I was kinda offended by the theme, but as I got older I appreciated that I have a glimpse of how people of other religions view Christianity. But then again I may not be the best example of a Christian because virtually all my friends are Atheists.

I’ve owned just about every handheld gaming device but always end up selling them after 6 months of it just sitting around.

Mobile gaming sounds great in theory “game anytime and anywhere” but I’ve never been able to get into it. I found I only like to game at home, if I’m out somewhere I’m there to do something other than gaming.

So I’ve given up on mobile gaming and won’t be getting a switch but good games reaching more people is always a good thing in my book.

I still play 100% of the time at home, but I am always changing how I sit
and lie down when I play. I am much more comfortable playing like that instead of a chair.

Back
Top Bottom