Last game you finished, tell us about it

I played Mass Effect three for maybe an hour before I demanded a refund. It was also the first and last time I ever used the Origin platform. Unless the game substantially improved later on, I would never equate the third game with the first. At least, not for me.

Sounds suspicious too good to be true!;) Better than ME 1? Really?!
Darn, your review gave me urge to install and try this game. Well, will see… maybe latter, when Ill get bored with my current game, though I still have ME 3 in half way unfinished!
It's not better than ME1. Mako sux in Andromeda, feels like need for speed garbage and not bump around on low gravity. Plus ME1 didn't have stupid tasks. If you believe Destiny is not rubbish, you'll love tasks in Andromeda. Otherwise you'll spit on those random generated idiocies. As about roleplaying a class, forgeddit, Andromeda allows you to do anything without restrictions which means you'll have either stun/stutter or bloodsuckingbullets/heal_on_skill overpowered combo and pwn everything. Dialogues in Andromeda mostly suck and have no impact on anything (except a few QTEs), only fun chatty you get if you constantly choose lower left option when available.
You don't have to finish ME3 as Andromeda takes place before ME3.
I played Mass Effect three for maybe an hour before I demanded a refund. It was also the first and last time I ever used the Origin platform. Unless the game substantially improved later on, I would never equate the third game with the first. At least, not for me.
Don't play unless you bought all DLC. And if you did, do everything except the last mission then go for DLC Citadel. Once Citadel finished, do not go for the Evangelionlike asylum ending but uninstall the game and pretend Citadel is it's end. As it definetly is.

Last edited:
I might, just might give it another try, should it ever appear on great old games or steam. I'll not install the Origin platform ever again on my machine, as I like my computer too much to ever do such a thing.

This is the new Darth. After the downtime where all passwords were stolen. Coincidence?

Anyway, finally someone agrees with me. Andromeda is great.

Said before myself I enjoyed playing Mass Effect Andromeda. It's the best game out of the series as they finally nailed the combat, but at launch it had a few glitches.

What pissed me off was the fans bitched to much and EA pulled the plug on DLC. Essential the game is unfinished as two ark's and the Kett are still unresolved.

Of course you can buy a book to see the ending but it's not the same.

What fans. IIRC already posted.
Two arks and exploring Kett more in other parts of the galaxy should happen in Andromeda2. Andromeda (1) needed no DLC.

Vampyr
Most enjoyable, decisions have significant consequences many hours later, interesting dialogue system that rewarded talking to everyone and reading everything. I played none-NPC killing except when choice was ugly late in game. The environment was well realised. Combat did become very similar each time ( I played on story mode) and the lack of any fast travel grated late game. However, I would give it 8/10 as the main plotline was very solid and interesting.

Risen 2 & 3 back-to-back. Both done in 140 hours total so that helped! I've definitely reached a point in my life where putting over 100 hours into a single game bothers me. Too much to do and not enough time. I always enjoy PB games because of the hand-crafted worlds, no respawns, no level scaling, no MP, no loot boxes,... you know NO MMO bullshit.
Graphic bump from 2 to 3 was freaky... everything familiar but brighter and more lush, including Patty...:) . Ship battles are new to 3 and are fun enough I wish they had included ship-to-ship combat like the ship-to-beast before or in place of boarding actions. The thing I don't like with them is you can't save and they are book-ended with cut scenes so failing wastes time.
Boss battles have QTE, so boo to that and the final boss for 3 had me shouting curses at the screen for 30 minutes... final boss of 2 was an easy straight fight.

ATOM RPG - done after 42h, it was really nice and good considering the low budget.

Of course you can buy a book to see the ending but it's not the same.

None of the tie-in books bypass the temporal ending of MEA, so no, buying a book won't allow you to see the ending you think is missing from the game.

Annihilation covers the "Quarian" ark trip to Andromeda only. Nexus Uprising covers the falling out between the Nexus population that resulted in the Sloane's gangs and the Krogan leaving we see in the game. Initiation is a prequel story about Cora Harper.

Mafia 3

Big thumbs up for the cutscenes quality, other thant that nothing else is impressive. The game has some good stuff but you do the same things most of the time while taking over the 9 districts, so it might become boring after a while, guess i got lucky and it didnt for me. One other thing that was really nicely done, car control was pretty good, enjoyed how they felt on the road. And maybe the playboy magazines collectables from then too :biggrin: . The radios had some cool old songs, but way too few and only 3 radio stations, was a letdown.

Shining in the Darkness.

This game is a bit different from the other Shining offerings, in that it's a serious dungeon crawler. I believe it first came out maybe in 1990 or 91, so it has a bit of a classic look and feel to it. You initially start out on your own, and acquire two other folks for your team as you explore the dungeon deeper. There are several other members that will join your team if you locate them, but they are temporary only and will depart once you return to town.

I had to go old school on this one, and break out the graph paper. You can summon a temporary map, but that uses magic points so I was loathe to waste my power on that. There isn't a whole lot of choice for armour and weapons, and I found it really beneficial to upgrade your armour just as soon as you can afford it. Some of the best gear in the game is crafted from the mithril ores and dark ores you'll find deep in the dungeon, once you start getting those the store bought gear is mostly obsolete. I believe I paid fifty cents for this game during either the summer or winter sale, got over two weeks of serious gaming out of it, and will likely play it again sometime in the future. I love the Shining Force genre and games, this is very different from the others in the series, but quite enjoyable in its' own way.

Just finished Assassins Creed Odyssey. Had I played this last year it would have been my choice for RPG of the year. Loved the game, loved the setting, loved it!

I finished the Tower of Time the other day, fantastic game, best birthday gift I've received in quite some time. Whether you enjoy turn based combat or real time with pause, this game should keep you fully entertained. No two levels feel exactly the same, and the almost seamless transitions back and forth to town really help keep you engaged in the quests and mysteries. On the strength of this game alone I'll likely pick up any future releases from these folks!

Finished Metro 2033 Redux yesterday.

It was my first time playing Redux, although I'd completed the original Metro 2033 several times. There's not much to say other than it's the same game with some improvements. i.e. New animations, better textures, improved lighting, etc.

It still has that great atmosphere that I liked about the original, and the stealth gameplay has been improved. They also combined some of the levels to make them larger and added the weapon customization system from Metro: Last Light.

I really liked this game the first time I played; I enjoyed the redux version but not quite as much (just that the game wasn't as interesting the second time); having said that I thought it was a more enjoyable game than Metro light (which I also enjoyed).

Finished Metro 2033 Redux yesterday.

It was my first time playing Redux, although I'd completed the original Metro 2033 several times. There's not much to say other than it's the same game with some improvements. i.e. New animations, better textures, improved lighting, etc.

It still has that great atmosphere that I liked about the original, and the stealth gameplay has been improved. They also combined some of the levels to make them larger and added the weapon customization system from Metro: Last Light.

Finished Tower of Time. Have mixed feelings about it. The story is ok but the ending I didn't love; and the map design is pretty good - each level is fairly large with a few moderately easy puzzles sprinkled in. I did about 99% (100% of 8 of the 10 levels - 1 level i missed one scroll and one level I missed one fight); so I think I have a pretty good feel for the game. The game is mostly linear but not in a bad way since the levels are pretty large and can be roamed in random directions. The two big negatives was that I didn't really like the random item generation and the combat didn't grab myself. I tried to figure out why I didn't enjoy the rtwp combat (compared for example with ice wind-dale). I think there are a couple of problems first the skill set is some what limited and you can't really choose which skills to take into battle until after the fact - well technically you can since most fights that you initiate you can 'withdraw' to reset chosen skills but when ambushed this is not the case (in case this is confusing each character can choose 4 'active' skills they can use from a set of 7 or 8 for combat). However, swapping skills is a bit tedious and anti-climatic to the game play. The other problem with combat is it is much more chaotic and death can be quite instant if you don't micro manage. In games like ice-wind dale some of this existed but the combat never felt this chaotic. At the end of the day I set combat down to normal which made it pretty easy and called it a day but given the amount of combat and not particularly loving it diminish the enjoyment of the game.
-
The game is fairly long - I didn't really time it but I think 70 or 80 hours and has a fair amount of content for budget title. As I said the levels are all unique and well done and the story is amusing but not the best. So I give it a 5 for effort and a 3.75 for enjoyment on a scale of 1 to 5. Would definitely take a look a the developers next title but maybe not insta buy it.

Finished metro exodus, overall good game but the worst of the series. Open maps were an ok addition but like most open world games, break the immersion; they should stick with underground levels. Story as a concept was really interesting but events were meh at best, devs lacked any imagination.
One major annoying thing was the lack of VO for Artyom; sure it was like this in the previous games but here you interact alot with the crew, plenty of scenes on the train where you just stand like a stupid mute.

8/10

Back
Top Bottom