Space Rangers 2 - Reboot Gets UK Retail Release

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Excalibur Publishing sent out this press release, announcing a retail release of Space Rangers 2: Reboot - at least in the UK. It's been available from Impulse for some time now but if you'd prefer a boxed version, it's set for October 30th:
Excalibur Publishing Ltd. to introduce upgrade of fantastic multi-genre PC adventure Space Rangers to the market

Space Rangers 2: Reboot is the enhanced version of the highly anticipated sequel to the multi-genre computer adventure Space Rangers. Besides being packed with new text quests, galaxy map sectors and new graphics, the game now offers all planetary battles in full 3D.

The game is set in the year 3300 with combat robots known as The Dominators wreaking havoc across the galaxy. It is up to you and a coalition of five allied races to destroy The Dominators and restore peace in the galaxy.

You become a Ranger, and once you have chosen your character and race, and get your ship and equipment, you engage in a real world where your choices and actions determine the path you take. The player can choose to become an evil pirate, making trades between outlaws easier, or become a hero and have a whole different reaction to your character. You are also not tied to a single character, but can change professions throughout the course of the game. The outcome is wholly unpredictable and any side could win.

Robert Stallibrass of Excalibur Publishing says: "At Excalibur Publishing we believe Space Rangers 2 is a great game. For those players who have already discovered it, Space Rangers stays on their hard drive for a long, long time - and there are not too many games you can say that about!. "

The product will retail at £24.99. Further information is available at www.excalibur-publishing.com . Space Rangers 2: Reboot will officially hit the shelves of retailers on 30th October 2009.
More information.

About time...
Amazing game, by the way. And even better with this addon.
I bought this on Impulse more than a year ago.

Great game; picked it from impulse during one of their sales; did not like the rts portion but the text puzzles were great (pity there are so few; I keep having hopes for a space rangers 3 with 100's of text puzzles).

I really like the games this developer has produced (king bounty being their current work).

Yes, Space Rangers 2 is a great game. I liked the variety of it. (I wouldn't have liked the RTS part by itself, but in small portions, it was a nice change of pace. And you can easily skip them - or any of the other mini games - if you want.)

But the game has been out for a long time. I wonder why they didn't do a sequel, rather than this "enhanced" version? I doubt if it would be worth buying the same game a second time.

I got it for pennies from impulse firesale like year ago or somthing. And now they are releasing the boxed version?

Why not ? More conservative people prefer that (like me, for example).

Plus, you can't reach *all* potentual customers by selling it directly; some just only see what's on the shelves of their town's electronics shops.

Yes, Space Rangers 2 is a great game. I liked the variety of it. (I wouldn't have liked the RTS part by itself, but in small portions, it was a nice change of pace. And you can easily skip them - or any of the other mini games - if you want.)

But the game has been out for a long time. I wonder why they didn't do a sequel, rather than this "enhanced" version? I doubt if it would be worth buying the same game a second time.

Two possible reasons:

1. This is the sequel - maybe they thought a third was overkill
2. The team split up - perhaps Katauri doesn't have rights to their work as Elemental

Why not ? More conservative people prefer that (like me, for example).

Plus, you can't reach *all* potentual customers by selling it directly; some just only see what's on the shelves of their town's electronics shops.

Imho its still a bit amatourish business pratise to first give the game away for almost nothign and then year later release the physical version for full price.

I just won UK version of Space Rangers 2 Reboot for 4 pounds on ebay.co.uk:D

Does this UK version include Space Rangers 2: Dominators or just Space Rangers 1? Or perhaps this Reboot version in just updated version of Dominators?

I already own Space Rangers 1 on a standalone release.
I just wonder because I would like to have complete collection and am curious if I`ll have to buy Space Rangers 2: Dominators as standalone game.

I doubt if it would be worth buying the same game a second time.

It is worth it if you're a fan or have never played the original. There are enough tweaks in the game for me to justify buying it again. Plus, it is not that expensive.

Back
Top Bottom