RPGWatch Feature - GOTY 2020 - Best RPG

Didn't vote this year because I hadn't played any of the games on the list other than WL3 and I was only maybe 1/4 of the way in. Just fished it last night, and I have to say I'm happy to see it at the top of the list. Super enjoyable RPG experience for me. One of my favorite games in terms of story line and overall writing and dialog in a long time. I give the writing team the 'Oscar' for 2020. Blasting my way through post apocalyptic CO was a great way to blow off steam in 2020. Some insanely creative and hilarious NPCs and settings. The only other game I'm tempted to try out from 2020 is CP2077, but commentary seems pretty mixed on that one. Overall my game queue is pretty darn slim right now.

Debatable as CP2077 was GOTY for me. The PC release though.

Wasteland 3 nah it was to consolefied for my taste and I found it lacking in content. Lets just say if it wasn't turn based you could finish the game in 20-25 hrs at most.

They also haven't released any sizable DLC content in over six months. So I'll counter your point above , and say it deserved to get second or third place.:p

It was released 21 days before the end of the year and was very buggy in 2020. That's why, I'd think. Had it been released in the state it is now, I'd guess it had won.

I'm not so sure. WL3 might have still carried the day. We will never know.

One thing we could do that might be interesting is include CP2077 in the 2021 GOTY poll, given it wasn't really in a finished and playable condition until 2021. I predict it would fair poorly and finish outside top 3.

I'm not so sure. WL3 might have still carried the day. We will never know.

One thing we could do that might be interesting is include CP2077 in the 2021 GOTY poll, given it wasn't really in a finished and playable condition until 2021. I predict it would fair poorly and finish outside top 3.

Or, given the increasingly prevalent practice of releasing too early, make a new category: "most improved from last year" :D

Debatable as CP2077 was GOTY for me. The PC release though.

Wasteland 3 nah it was to consolefied for my taste and I found it lacking in content. Lets just say if it wasn't turn based you could finish the game in 20-25 hrs at most.

They also haven't released any sizable DLC content in over six months. So I'll counter your point above , and say it deserved to get second or third place.:p

I'll take quality of content over quantity all day long. I thought the quality was very high level. With plenty of replayability.

I just love when someone necros a thread.:cool:

Sorry, couldn't help myself… (but I mean, 1 month means the corpse was pretty fresh…perhaps just a little dead?)
Yes since I haven't posted for over a month then some idiot quotes my old posts.

I've moved on man old news by now.:p

Ps: I get notified for said replies and quotes as well so more work on my end as well.

Back
Top Bottom