Kingmaker PathFinder Quest

Pathfinder: Kingmaker

CelticFrost

SasqWatch
Long time to everyone here and hope everyone is doing as well as posible these days.

I Finially got around to playing Pathfinder. After 4 or 5 restarts, I figured out a party I liked as not use to this much freedom.

Is this game fun if you don't do any of the kingdom stuff? I turned it all off, but still things come up, also getting sick of camping all the time.

So i guess my question is the story worth the pain in the butt of camping, or should you manage the kingdom?

Or is there a game just like that i could buy without camping every 10 seconds...just want to go to locations and adventure...but loved so much of the other aspects of your characters and combat.

Thank you in advance,

Long time to everyone here and hope everyone is doing as well as posible these days.

I Finially got around to playing Pathfinder. After 4 or 5 restarts, I figured out a party I liked as not use to this much freedom.

Is this game fun if you don't do any of the kingdom stuff? I turned it all off, but still things come up, also getting sick of camping all the time.

So i guess my question is the story worth the pain in the butt of camping, or should you manage the kingdom?

Or is there a game just like that i could buy without camping every 10 seconds…just want to go to locations and adventure…but loved so much of the other aspects of your characters and combat.

Thank you in advance,
Turning the kingdom management to AUTO has generated issues in the past and I think they're not entirely solved. There's a risk it breaks the game because it doesn't put the priority on events that are critical for the campaign.

Enable the option that prevents kingdom failure, though.

The story is great, but unfortunately the kingdom management and the campaign are intertwined. And after a few chapters, you'll have to spend some time managing the kingdom in order to get the next part of the campaign :-/ It's not that bad though, most of the time you don't have to spend too much time in it.

Perhaps you could check on Nexusmods to see if there's a mod that helps bypass the kingdom management. Or ask on Owlcat's Discord channel.

You shouldn't be camping all the time, certainly not every 10 seconds, it's not normal. If your characters are quickly fatigued, check that you don't carry too much.

Aye not sure why you are camping so much unless carrying too much stuff. Also if you camp while on the road, when prompted, its super fast, versus camping explicitly some place where you often get the chatter. I like the camping myself but then I didn't have to do it too much as long as I managed my inventory. Over time you can also find abilities or items to help reduce and manage fatigue.

I enjoyed the Kingdom stuff but I also put it on easy. I liked the added content and making decisions but didn't want to stress about the kingdom falling apart while out and about - so I put the kingdom part on its easiest setting while still keeping it active.

IIRC, even if you put the kingdom on auto, you still need to make main story related kingdom decisions yourself. As others have already advised, it will be much better to put the kingdom management to easy (and maybe also turn on invincible kingdom - which prevents the game over due to kingdom crumbling). Always prioritise problems over opportunities as if you fail to address problems it will have negative impacts on your kingdom (not pursuing opportunities don't always end up in bad result).

With camping, you don't need to rest so often unless you are fatigued often due to encumbrance. Try to travel with light or medium party weight. You don't always have to rest on local map as well, just rest on the over world map. Buy bag of holdings if you can spare any money to help manage weight.

First thank you for your insight and replies.

By Camping all the time, its camping required to just check out the map and move around.

But at the end of the day, as much as i love the charactor builds there is not enough flow for me. I just want to go out with this party and adventure.

I am going to try something else and come back to it.

First thank you for your insight and replies.

By Camping all the time, its camping required to just check out the map and move around.

But at the end of the day, as much as i love the charactor builds there is not enough flow for me. I just want to go out with this party and adventure.

I am going to try something else and come back to it.

You could try this great mod: Bag of Tricks
https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/26

It allows to reduce the need for rest, and has many options for the kingdom management as well, like force success, restore the kingdom's stats if something went wrong, and so on.

I have never used it for that so I can't guarantee the result, but I've tested quite a few other features and it's very stable.

It also has a mod for the camera, allowing to rotate it, and to increase the range of the zoom; that's mostly why I was using it in the first place (except the occasional cheating in a few series of never ending fights at the end of the game :p).

? Why do you need to camp to check out the map and move around? I'm not understanding this.
As I understood it, it's to discover the map by actually moving the party around(?)

I usually preferred giving priority to the quests, and visiting new areas which are discovered on the way. I was only exploring the map during the idle periods at the beginning of new chapters, and even then, visiting the newly discovered areas was taking most of the time. Only moving on the map is not very interesting, plus it's time-consuming (with timed quest... not a good idea).

As I understood it, it's to discover the map by actually moving the party around(?)

I usually preferred giving priority to the quests, and visiting new areas which are discovered on the way. I was only exploring the map during the idle periods at the beginning of new chapters, and even then, visiting the newly discovered areas was taking most of the time. Only moving on the map is not very interesting, plus it's time-consuming (with timed quest… not a good idea).

Oh, so you are saying he was keen to explore whole of the overworld map asap.

I did exploration and quests at the same time but only explored areas where enemies were similar to my party level. Some areas are barred until you progress story further anyway.

Oh, so you are saying he was keen to explore whole of the overworld map asap.

I did exploration and quests at the same time but only explored areas where enemies were similar to my party level. Some areas are barred until you progress story further anyway.
Maybe I shouldn't assume, let's see what he replies. But normally there isn't that much rest involved on the map (except when carrying too much).

Maybe I shouldn't assume, let's see what he replies. But normally there isn't that much rest involved on the map (except when carrying too much).

Hey,

Well lets say i was just traveling around the map, i could have to rest 2 or 3 times. I am not sure what to much weight is. I think it is just me.

I have loaded up POE2 to give a real go around this time.

I may revisit this game as i really liked it up until i got my own kingdom....

maybe that it part of it i don't want to run anything...i do that for a job and as a husband and father.

Back
Top Bottom