Bloodborne comes to PC rumors

As this is a sensitive matter and we do not want anyone to get into trouble if this does turn out to be true, we have not mentioned any names or added any links. This information was shared in a private group
people actually believe this kind of shit?

My sources are from the gaming industry and from the word’s most active gaming forum that is Era. Fully trust em on this one and have known them personally for a few years now. Peace out.
nobody on that crap forum backs this up, so please :lol:

While I rarely believe rumors like this I cant deny a port will probably sell.

Now having said that I'm personally not interested as I hate most Souls-like games.

I don't necessarily put much credence in this rumor specifically, but considering that Sekiro and Dark Souls 1, 2, and 3 are all on PC, it hardly seems far-fetched that Bloodborne could receive a PC port.

This particular rumor doesn't seem that credible, but I think the PC version of a major title like Horizon Zero Dawn was a sea change in Sony's attitude towards exclusivity. I wonder if they've concluded that letting exclusives be ported after a couple of years retains enough power to attract people who want them on day one, while also getting a second wave of sales, and more people primed to be hungry for the next installment.

Either way, I played Bloodborne on PS4 for a couple of tens of hours and I don't like it. The original frustrating Dark Souls formula implemented here to the core and is becoming extremely stale and predictable, coupled with tight, poor, dark and confusing level design.

You can only start to see this stale and frustrating formula when you compare it to a beautifully designed masterpiece like Sekiro.

To me Bloodborne is one the best-designed games of all time, possessing also some poetic qualities in how the world and plot are presented.

It also fundamentally differs from the Souls games in that it punishes passivity and encourages to counter attacks with different attacks, which is a bigger deal than it sounds.

It's smaller, but perfectly crafted...

but, of course, to each their own :)

It's also a dream game for all the Lovecraft lovers.

It's also a dream game for all the Lovecraft lovers.

Imo It's the best implementation of lovecraft themes into actual gameplay mechanics.

I'd love for it to come to PC, but I highly doubt it.

I really wonder what made Horizon and Death Stranding different from the others. We know Death Stranding used a modified version of the engine that Horizon Zero Dawn used, so there's some explanation why those two are the subject of discussion, but what made Death Stranding be the first one to be announced to also come to PC. Is it because Kojima asked for this from his position of an industry favorite? And then that became a proven case that it could technically be feasible, using that engine? Which made them also try it with Horizon Zero Dawn?

Actually, I just noticed that both Horizon and Death Stranding are not Sony IPs. So that kind of explains it. And also kind of kills the dream that Bloodborne is coming to PC. From what I know Bloodborne is owned by Sony. It's just developed by FromSoftware for Sony. So yeah, sad as it might be, fat chance it's coming to PC :(

Actually, I just noticed that both Horizon and Death Stranding are not Sony IPs. So that kind of explains it. And also kind of kills the dream that Bloodborne is coming to PC. From what I know Bloodborne is owned by Sony. It's just developed by FromSoftware for Sony. So yeah, sad as it might be, fat chance it's coming to PC :(

Who owns the Horizon IP if not Sony? I thought it was created by Guerrilla Games, which is a Sony studio.

Who owns the Horizon IP if not Sony? I thought it was created by Guerrilla Games, which is a Sony studio.

Ok, upon further investigation, at least what wikipage says, Guerilla Games is indeed owned by Sony. So, then yeah, the IP would at least transitively belong to Sony. I did not know that.

So then there's still a chance? I hope so. I guess that as long as Sony still has some heavy hitters that are exclusive to their platform (and which form the system-sellers category of games), they can afford to let a few of them to other platforms for the increase in revenue? I hope that's the case. I'd love Bloodborne on PC. At least I would have a faster turnaround from dying to retrying. :D

Yeah, I think Guerrilla is a fully owned Sony studio, just like Naughty Dog and Santa Monica. I do think Sony porting a major exclusive to PC is an interesting development. It does at least suggest that's not unthinkable anymore, and there is at some chance of seeing others in the future.

Yeah, I think Guerrilla is a fully owned Sony studio, just like Naughty Dog and Santa Monica. I do think Sony porting a major exclusive to PC is an interesting development. It does at least suggest that's not unthinkable anymore, and there is at some chance of seeing others in the future.

Maybe this lowering of the guard is also attributed in some way to Microsoft officially declaring (and doing it) that most of their XBox exclusives will be coming to PC. Maybe PC can serve as a neutral ground. Though, considering most PCs used in gaming are Windows PCs, I'm not sure about that. But at least the Microsoft Store is not a dominant player there. So there's that.

Could be, but I think exclusivity, at least for a few years, will continue to be essential to Sony. I just wonder if they've decided the upsides outweigh the downsides to do a PC port 3 or 4 years after release.

To me Bloodborne is one the best-designed games of all time
I guess I'll die an ignorant fool then.

Note though that per several forum members, some left though, the best designed game of all time is Prey (the one from a couple of years back). I found it mediocre. So I'm perhaps not the best "critic" to listen to.

The game in the title has it's… um… passionate (I'd love to use some other terms, but those are probably against TOS) audience. I'm just not a part of that audience. To be honest, I'd rather grind in a noname mmo clone of clones than waste my time on it.
If rumor is true however, it's good news - PC owners need no discrimination.

Guerilla Games is indeed owned by Sony.
Guerilla Games employs code optimization geniuses. The world would lose too much if their genius was a hostage of just one platform.
I have no idea what's exactly behind Sony's decision to port metal dinos game to PC, but if there was a "brawl" with likes of Warner and Ubisoft about PC coding, Sony will simply prove amateurism of others.

If only Demon's Souls Remake would release for PC too, but it's only for PS5 now. Its' graphics completely overhauled with shiny new technologies like HDR and raytracing.

Back
Top Bottom