Aielund Saga...The book?

A brush with destiny will change a young man’s life forever.

Aiden Wainwright wants to become strong to protect his homeland. After a chance encounter with a mysterious and powerful relic, he gives up everything to study the arcane arts. But the small taste of power is not enough, and Aiden’s obsessive search for answers leads him on a journey that he never expected.

A dire plot that threatens the lives of thousands…

The town of Brackford could hold the answers Aiden is seeking, but his arrival could not have come at a more dangerous time. Forced into a battle for survival, Aiden must marshal his limited resources and ally himself with the desperate locals to discover the dark truth behind the town’s misfortune. He never imagined that he would uncover a greater conspiracy that could destroy his home, the Kingdom of Aielund.

A quest for magic, and the search for truth, Soldiers of Avarice is an epic fantasy journey that will capture your imagination. Download now to begin your journey through a land where magical relics are hidden, dragons guard the skies, and the struggle for power knows no loyalty.

@crpgnut; Both the book and the NWN module was done by same person (Stephen Nowland, a.k.a. Savant). As Myrthos mentioned, I am a huge fan of The Aielund Saga module. Also bought his books and got them signed by the author :p

Last edited:
Our DDO team used to play NWN back in the early days and Aielund Saga was probably the best mod series we played; it's brilliant. I'm surprised it's never been updated and released as a stand alone game.

Okay, the book isn't grabbing me at all so I wondered if it came from the same person. I read hundreds of books though, so I'm probably pickier than some. I gave it a 3/5 just to be nice. It was probably a 2/5 but a little leeway for being based off a fun game.

Last edited:
Yeah I interviewed him a few years back on the watch. He admitted he had to change a few things from the mods to make it work in his fictional book setting.

Anyway I read the original ebooks on Smashwords not Amazon.

Back
Top Bottom