Mass Effect: Andromeda - Most Disappointing Game of 2017

I was quite intrigued with Andromeda after reading Maylander's review, but the game being Origin exclusive is stopping me from purchasing it - I H.A.T.E Origin.

I was quite intrigued with Andromeda after reading Maylander's review, but the game being Origin exclusive is stopping me from purchasing it - I H.A.T.E Origin.

You actually hate a free distribution platform enough to rob yourself of a great game? :)

I think it's ok, myself. I mean, I don't like having multiple platforms just to launch games - but I do enjoy the convenience of auto-updates and what not.

Also, I don't really blame them for having one. It would seem to be a sound business decision.

You actually hate a free distribution platform enough to rob yourself of a great game? :)

I think it's ok, myself. I mean, I don't like having multiple platforms just to launch games - but I do enjoy the convenience of auto-updates and what not.

Also, I don't really blame them for having one. It would seem to be a sound business decision.

Origin runs like garbage on my PC… I do use multiple platforms (Steam, GoG, Battlenet, Origin) but I dislike Origin the most.

Sorry, but your taste is quite different to mine so I wouldn't exactly accept Andromeda as "great" game ;)

Might grab it if it hits bargain bin after I finish KotOR….

Origin runs like garbage on my PC… I do have a multiple platform (Steam, GoG, Battlenet, Origin) but I dislike Origin most.

Sorry, but your taste is quite different to mine so I wouldn't exactly accept Andromeda as "great" game ;)

Might grab it if it hits bargain bin after I finish KotOR….

Why are you apologizing as if your agreement was important? :)

It's definitely not a game for corridor shooter fans, and I wouldn't expect it to be. Doesn't change that I think it's great.

Origin runs well on my rig, though. Never had a problem with it. Runs better than Steam, in fact.

About the only platform I've had real trouble with is the GOG one, which is just awful.

Why are you apologizing as if your agreement was important? :)

It's definitely not a game for corridor shooter fans, and I wouldn't expect it to be. Doesn't change that I think it's great.

Must you be nasty all the time?

Must you be nasty all the time?

As long as your imagination rules and you act like a princess every time someone disagrees with you, I probably will appear nasty to you.

I have zero patience with people who act like a victim for no reason at all.

As long as your imagination rules and you act like a princess every time someone disagrees with you, I probably will appear nasty to you.

I have zero patience with people who act like a victim for no reason at all.

This is seriously going off-topic, but frankly I'm not seeing how I acted like a princess.

I just said I don't agree with your taste and you basically said I have a shit taste (i.e. I was trying to be respectful and you were not).

This is seriously going off-topic, but frankly I'm not seeing how I acted like a princess.

I just said I don't agree with your taste and you basically said I have a shit taste (i.e. I was trying to be respectful and you were not).

Again, you deliberately ignored my smiley and now you pretend that it's a serious thing and that I personally attacked you.

I think that's a joke and - as I just said - I have zero patience with it.

Like I've done several times lately, I'm trying to help you by recommending good games and putting things into relevant context based on my experience and perspective.

What you're doing is focusing on everything that might be a negative and cry when you get as good as you give.

I loathe that kind of pathetic behavior.

@purpleblob; life is too short sometimes to argue with NewDArt :p

However, I have no issues with origins, its actually runs better than steam. So look into why its run likes crap for you since you can get lot of nice and free games on it. In fact for £20 a year origin access is bargain.

@purpleblob life is too short sometimes to argue with NewDArt

To paraphrase Sherlock Holmes:

So many people have said so, and yet here we still are.

Anyway, back on topic? There's always the DArt-is-terrible thread :)

@purpleblob; life is too short sometimes to argue with NewDArt :p

However, I have no issues with origins, its actually runs better than steam. So look into why its run likes crap for you since you can get lot of nice and free games on it. In fact for £20 a year origin access is bargain.

True that - I think DArt makes good points but sometimes he can be quite.. disagreeable.

Not sure why Origin runs like garbage on my PC but might look into it if/when I plan to grab Andromeda.

It lags my PC and it keeps minimizing games.... I don't have any problem with other platforms I use. But then again, I haven't logged onto Origins in a long while...

True that - I think DArt makes good points but sometimes he can be quite.. disagreeable.

Not sure why Origin runs like garbage on my PC but might look into it if/when I plan to grab Andromeda.

It lags my PC and it keeps minimizing games…. I don't have any problem with other platforms I use. But then again, I haven't logged onto Origins in a long while…

Origin can be taxing when it's downloading - but there's a bunch of options you can adjust. Also, for some reason - some of these launch platforms take up more resources when they're not minimised.

Finally, games like Andromeda can run in "offline mode" - meaning you don't have to have Origin running after starting it IIRC.

As for the game itself, it's closer to the first Mass Effect than the two others.

Interesting… so I guess I will play offline when I get Andromeda.
@joxer;: I prefer hugs from puppies and kittens :p

Interesting. You went from intrigued to "when I get" ;)

Seeing the light are we?

*preparing for a big explosion in my general direction*

;)

"if I decided to get" ;)

I'm still not fully convinced. Maybe after I flip the table while playing KotOR in frustration ;)

Back
Top Bottom