Conan Exiles - Launched

I've looked at more trailers. I don't think it looks particularly fun. It looks like a game that has taken what is usually the filler content of a RPG and turned those into the core mechanics. I guess some of it might be a little more fleshed out than usual but.. There's no real story or even real quests. Not for me.

Well it wasn't designed as a single-player RPG. It's probably quite fun when playing with others, but I doubt the solo mode has much to offer.

Well it wasn't designed as a single-player RPG. It's probably quite fun when playing with others, but I doubt the solo mode has much to offer.

yeah i know, but still, there are online RPG's (built from ground and up with MP in mind) with quests and story, that are decent or even great fun solo.. this have neither, as i understand it.

I played the PVE and PVP and had a home server where we had had 3 people doing co-op.
I also played the single player- same as the multiplayer. You have to do all the gathering which is much easier with help and the crafting paths are much easier if you share instead of everyone trying to become masters of everything.
The gathering still became dreary and the world is unforgiving. Even turning the sliders way down did not let me progress anywhere inside those dungeons solo as they are brutal hard. The outside world is much easier and simple to progress.

No personality from what I experienced but I quit before the winter biome expansion.

So they just screwed up -
The PVE-C "PVE servers that were PVP but no destroying bases, made for people with limited time to play and didn't want to be defending against the Russians at 3am every day" were changed to full PVP because they needed the servers for the massive influx of people trying the game.

Yep, they literally just reclassified the ruleset for a bunch of servers after they were full. Getting review bombed at the moment but Steam's 'anti-review' bomb thing is in effect so they are hidden from review without clicking. So much silliness.

Back
Top Bottom