|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Games you are planning to get? (steam sales)

Default Games you are planning to get? (steam sales)

June 20th, 2018, 00:24
Hi, I have several games on my watchlist that I'm hoping go on sale, even better, some of those sweet, sweet deep sale prices during the Steam summer sale, which will be starting in a short period of time.

I list them in order of my desire:

1. Assassin's Creed: Origins -- I want to get the full edtion which includes everything. Normally it goes for a whopping $100. I'm hoping for at least half price! Or better. You'd think it might be on a good sale, considering they already announced the next game, which is releasing later this year. This game is by far my "most wanted", the other games listed are not even close, to be quite honest.

2. Bulletstorm: Full clip edition -- I like shooters, but this game is way, way overpriced at $40. It should be going for $10 to $20 at most. Not touching this unless it is dirt cheap!

3. Rise of the Tomb Raider -- I'm a fan of the Tomb Raider games. Never picked this one up though. I'm hoping for a $20 price tag, it was on a discount close to that price once before, but I missed it.

4. Grim Dawn: Ashes of Malmouth expansion - this goes for a relatively cheap $18, but I'm hoping they might go real dirt cheap on this one, maybe $5 to $10 or something. I like the action rpg Grim Dawn, but never got this expansion.

Any games you are planning on picking up during a steam sale, I'd be interested to see. Also, maybe a short explanation on what about this game appeals to you or why you want it.
--
To check out my games library, and see what recent games I'm playing, visit my steam profile! -- http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197982351404

Arkadia7

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
+1:

June 20th, 2018, 00:44
Bullstorm sucks (well it was kind of ok when it came out but it is nothing special and there are better shooters these days); Rise of Tomb Raider is fantastic at any price; if you are going to buy Aassassin Crred (I wouldn't because I hate uplay) buy it at ubi as it will require you to run uplay and steam if purchaed on steam (maybe they finally added a way to 'transfer' it to uplay and bypass steam?). No clue on grim dawn expansion but I think they are working on the last one if you're not going to play it for a while just wait and get the game of year deal

---
There is nothing i'm thinking of buy 'cept maybe ash of gods but maybe not.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
+1:

June 20th, 2018, 01:33
I'm hoping for Gal Civ III with all dlc for <$30, or Death of the Outsider for <$10. I don't think it'll happen this time though, maybe christmas.
--
If you have no other choice but to kill, you have failed.
Ntwa kgolo ke ya molomo

Philistine

Watchdog
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

June 20th, 2018, 02:17
Technomancer is one I'm keeping my eye on. Probably a few others that I'm forgetting at the moment, but I'll quickly remember if I see them on sale!!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

June 20th, 2018, 03:52
From my Steam wishlist:

Battle Chasers: Nightwar
Elminage Original
Steve Jackson's Sorcery (the whole pack)
The Storm Guard: Darkness is Coming
Vaporum

Additionally, in every Steam Sale I always buy a hidden gem or two, games that usually aren't on my wishlist.
--
Sou tricolor de coração!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jäger!
Last edited by henriquejr; June 20th, 2018 at 13:52. Reason: Typo

henriquejr

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
+1:

June 20th, 2018, 04:49
Arx Fatalis, Stalker. Maybe some hidden gems I discover in the meantime.

Deleted User

Mentioned: Post(s)

June 20th, 2018, 07:37
I'm planning to do some browsing when the sale starts. Three games I've got my eye on though:
Elex: I'm waiting for a drop of more than 50%. I like the sound of it, but I have a feeling I won't enjoy it as much as some folks around here. I'd like to give it a go though.
Street fighter Anniversary Edition: it's probably too early for a discount but if it happens I'm there. Loads of Street fighter games from the last 30 years in one package, including my beloved Alpha 2.
Hellblade Senua's sacrifice: not my usual kind of game but sounds interesting and I'd give it a go at the right price.

Pongo

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
+1:

June 20th, 2018, 07:51
I was temped to pick up street fighters anniversary edition too but its quite pricey, especially considering I want SF2 only…

Other games on my radar:
Borderlands 2
Pillars of Eternity 2 if more than 50% off (which I doubt)
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, The Aielund Saga, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley
Last edited by purpleblob; June 20th, 2018 at 09:04.

purpleblob

Princess

June 20th, 2018, 08:29
Most likely some of these:

Resident Evil 7
Battle Chasers: Nightwar
Axiom Verge
StarCrawlers
Prey
--
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners."
- George Carlin

vurt

serial 𝓶𝓸𝓭𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓻

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

June 20th, 2018, 11:00
nwn ee and only if 75% off
--
Favorite Game: Gothic II
My steam profile

porcozaur

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
+1:

June 20th, 2018, 11:57
Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
I was temped to pick up street fighters anniversary edition too but its quite pricey, especially considering I want SF2 only…
Yeah there's a lot of games in the package but 40 Euros feels a bit too steep for a collection of classic old games. If it drops 50% I'll definitely pick it up, can't see that happening this time though.

I need to go through SFII with Zangief to see the Gorbachev dance scene again

Pongo

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

June 20th, 2018, 12:39
I'm still yet to beat the game with Chun Li!
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, The Aielund Saga, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

+1:

June 20th, 2018, 13:13
I'm waiting on a sale for XCOM2's War of the Chosen that is better than the measly 25% it's been at occasionally.
--
Exitus acta probat.

wiretripped

Machiavellian
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

June 20th, 2018, 14:18
Originally Posted by Arkadia7 View Post
1. Assassin's Creed: Origins -- I want to get the full edtion which includes everything. Normally it goes for a whopping $100.

3. Rise of the Tomb Raider -- I'm a fan of the Tomb Raider games. Never picked this one up though. I'm hoping for a $20 price tag, it was on a discount close to that price once before, but I missed it.
1. $100?! I know I paid less than that for the complete (gold) edition. It had some preorder discount on uplay store with of course using uplay store points to drop the price even more (-20%). You can always check shady sites (cdkeys for example).

3. The complete edition sux. You get too many of grindy mmo modes in DLC that work sporadically thanks to poor square enix servers that kick you out and that deletes anything you've accomplished. And of course, you get tons of irrelevant cosmetics.
If you can combine the main game with Baba Yaga DLC and 20 years celebration DLC to pay less than for the complete edition, go for that instead.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
+1:

June 20th, 2018, 16:16
Tangledeep was another title I had my eye on, but scored that over the weekend as a Father's day gift. So, at some point, maybe even the next game, Tangledeep shall be played.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

June 20th, 2018, 17:09
I *think* fanatical has it for 40% off occasionally - not today of course. You shoudl set up an email notification from your favorite monitoring site. Hum it is currently 19.99 @ humble and lowest ever is 12.99 at some site i never used.

Originally Posted by wiretripped View Post
I'm waiting on a sale for XCOM2's War of the Chosen that is better than the measly 25% it's been at occasionally.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

June 20th, 2018, 17:11
For the big ones I was looking to get me one of Prey, Rise of the tomb raider, or Dishonored 2. However, I'm busy with andromeda for the coming months now.

For the 'indies', Ori (not sure if this is indie), hollow knight, firewatch, apotheon, and owl boy are still high on the list.

ilm

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

June 21st, 2018, 03:51
Either some of the EEs (I think NWN is the only one I don't have) and Pillars 2. I hope it's a decent amount off and not something small like the 10% off it had on gog.

Tao_

Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

June 21st, 2018, 07:21
I need to get Subnautica some time. Maybe Wolfenstein 2 if it's a deep sale. Oh, and Ghost of a Tale! My backlog is getting a tad large so I don't want to get too much.
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

June 21st, 2018, 10:41
Can't spend any more until I finish a couple of games.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Send a message via MSN to Pladio
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Games you are planning to get? (steam sales)