Please help with Arcanum

Mike Frankum

Watcher
I'm playing Arcanum again. I've always loved this game. This time, I'm trying to be a 100% good character. I miss killing everyone who disagrees with me, like I normally do in the real world!

Anyway, I have never sussed out the problem of K'na Tha. I think that it is something to do with extinguishing all the lights - wall lights and urns containing those pesky urr...thingies. I just can't hit on any sequence which affects anything at all. I thought maybe a bridge would appear to let me cross the moat, but nothing seems to work.

Is there any sort of clue I should search for or any npc who can offer guidance if asked the right questions? Failing that, could someone just please spell it all out for me?
:help:

I miss killing everyone who disagrees with me, like I normally do in the real world!

This is actually one of the weirdest forms of cynism I've encountered within the current and last years.

OK I admit that I don't REALLY kill people when they disagree with me in the Real World! Unless they are really annoying.

If I remember correctly it's about shooting the torches with the boomerang that you find nearby. You have to shoot the correct torch and then are moved onto the next stage where you kill stuff/loot stuff and find three more torches. rinse and repeat. Until you find the treasure. If you shoot the wrong torch you are sent back to a previous level.
Correct order I think was
Level 1) Middle Torch
Level 2) Right torch
Level 3) Left
Level 4) Middle
Level 5) Loot Azram’s Star then shoot torch to escape

Oh dear! Thanks for the info. I think I must have found the boomerang, then given up and gone elsewhere to sell it. I can't remember where. Was it a special boomerang or can I just buy a bog-standard one anywhere? If not, I'll probably have to play the whole game once again. Maybe in another 5 years time. Anyway, thank you very much for trying to help, Kendrik.:thanks:

I'm pretty sure any boomerang is sufficient.
Any thrown weapon is acceptable, but the boomerang has the range you need.

That's lovely thank you. I'll just have to get myself a decent boomerang and try again. Many thanks to Kendrik and Skiesbleed. And to Alrik Fassbauer - Fear Not, the scraping noise at your window last night was only the branches of a tree, and not the blade of my Mages Dagger. Or was it?:devilish:

IIRC guns work as well. I went through that dungeon with a gunslinger by simply doing a dull "exhaustive search", shooting at the torches methodically until I advanced..

Thank you all for your advice. I'm going back in now to try again. I'll be patient this time and shoot everything that DOESN'T move. Thanks everyone. I'm sure I'll be back with more stupid questions soon!

Arcanum can generate some mind-boggling conundrums, the solutions to which I tend to promptly forget. Should you run up against further irritating pauses in-between killing things, and be the type of player who occasionally deigns to consort with walkthroughs, both GameFaqs and Terra Arcanum may prove useful. :)

Make sure you download the unofficial Patch from Drog, you can find it over at RPG Codex.

Back
Top Bottom