Monster Hunter: World - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Hunting RPG Monster Hunter: World is now available for the PC:

Monter Hunter World

Welcome to a new world! In Monster Hunter: World, the latest installment in the series, you can enjoy the ultimate hunting experience, using everything at your disposal to hunt monsters in a new world teeming with surprises and excitement.
More information.

Just exited out to try and get controller support going. It's kb+mouse ONLY.

Graphics are extremely good on highest!

got to 28fps minimum in the intro shipwreck, but in the actual map and town its holding 60 with volumetric fog off.

Apparently to get controller working you have to use Steams Big Picture mode and set up a default controller. Go steam > settings >controller, etc, etc.

Kind of silly for the game to force such a round about way to use a controller (not that I personally would ever use one); don't you agree ? Kind of wish developers or publishers or whatever actually gave a hoot about quality. While some bugs are bound to happen stuff like not working on recommended processors and the various other issues this game suffers demonstrate (imho) a complete lack of pride on their product.

Graphics are extremely good on highest!

got to 28fps minimum in the intro shipwreck, but in the actual map and town its holding 60 with volumetric fog off.

Apparently to get controller working you have to use Steams Big Picture mode and set up a default controller. Go steam > settings >controller, etc, etc.

I jumped in, and its pretty decent. The only jarring negative so far: support for 21:9 resolutions is either broken or not supported. The game allows me to set the resolution to 3440x1440, but i'm getting black bar on the sides. Very annoying. I hope they intend to fix it, or at least have the community come up with a workaround.

Even that can't make me pay for the second job.

Will purchase after the graphics PC upgrade and the removal of terrible DRM.

It appears that DRM is causing crashes on start for amd processors and older intel processors. Glad I stayed away from this trash.
I expected something like this to happen but Capcom fixed it 12 hours after the problem was reported. Just another case of bloatware Denuvo DRM implemented wrong.
Update: IGN has received a response from Capcom saying it is "aware of the crash issue and a fix is already in the works." Capcom wouldn't provide an explanation for the cause of the problem, nor would they tell us when we can expect the fix, so we still don't know if it will arrive before or after its August 9 launch.

Update 2:Capcom has informed IGN that a patch to combat Monster Hunter World's pre-release issue with crashes has now been deployed. This should now represent the release version of the game. Since the patch's release, we've suffered no crashes.
New Update: It's still broke for certain processors due to the DRM.
According to the report, the implementation of the Denuvo for Monster Hunter World PC port requires FMA3 Instruction set which is supported by Intel Haswell CPUs or the ones released after it.

This means those PC gamers who are using CPUs from 3rd-gen, 2nd-gen, and 1-gen Intel CPUs, will not be able to boot up the game as these Intel CPUs don’t support FMA3 Instructions.

This is surprising since Monster Hunter World’s official system requirements demand a 3rd-gen Intel Core i7-3770 CPU, which according to the report isn’t capable of running the game at all.
Link - https://segmentnext.com/2018/08/09/monster-hunter-world-pc-por-mess-denuvo/

Last edited:
Well, I've played 7 hours. CPU use seems to stay around 70% on all cores and threads. GPU use 100%. I alt-tab several times. No crashes at all.

Seems like a great game, so far. Some of the weapons seem pretty complicated to use. I do feel like a newbie, which rarely happens. Lots to learn. It's a very new game, to me. I was expecting it to be more like Dark Souls but it really feels like it's own thing.

Kind of silly for the game to force such a round about way to use a controller (not that I personally would ever use one); don't you agree ? Kind of wish developers or publishers or whatever actually gave a hoot about quality. While some bugs are bound to happen stuff like not working on recommended processors and the various other issues this game suffers demonstrate (imho) a complete lack of pride on their product.
Yeah, the controller thing is quite strange but it's done that way to allow you to configure custom controls for your gamepad which is a feature built into Big Picture mode.

They make use of all the features Steam offers. Even "clans" use Steam Groups including the picture.

The keyboard controls can be reconfigured in the game menus.

It's very high quality and well polished. Lots of pride, for sure!

Will purchase after the graphics PC upgrade and the removal of terrible DRM.
Graphics upgrade?! Good luck running it. The graphics are excellent!

It has DRM? I didn't even notice. :p How is it horrible? Horrible was Starflights codewheel every time you wanted to leave dock, or Populous 2 trying to find the right face in the manual or Pirates! or any Amiga copy protection you had to look up in a book or codewheel more than once. :)

I don't understand the hate for Denuvo at all. It's never been an issue for me.

Irresponsible reporting and typical drm witch hunt.

My sons been playing nonstop since 2 pm. Today on i7 3770k, 16gb ram, Titan x (maxwell).
Well does your sons CPU support FMA3?

I should refer you to the hacker who got arrested after cracking the protection in one day. He could explain the bloatware better then I ever could. It's not a witchunt.

Link - https://torrentfreak.com/sega-accus...th-rushed-sonic-mania-plus-protection-180720/

Anyway I just checked, 110 MB of Mania 1.05's exe is just Denuvo.
Sonic Mania 1.04 Switch ExeFS: 4.30 MB
Sonic Mania 1.05 Steam EXE: 114 MB

Good fucking lord that bloating.

Well does your sons CPU support FMA3?

I should refer you to the hacker who got arrested after cracking the protection in one day. He could explain the bloatware better then I ever could. It's not a witchunt.

Link - https://torrentfreak.com/sega-accus...th-rushed-sonic-mania-plus-protection-180720/

Anyway I just checked, 110 MB of Mania 1.05's exe is just Denuvo.
Sonic Mania 1.04 Switch ExeFS: 4.30 MB
Sonic Mania 1.05 Steam EXE: 114 MB

Good fucking lord that bloating.

No it doesn’t support fma3, neither does sir James cpu.

Fma3 support starts with haswell for Intel which was released in 2013. So if the report was true no pre 2013 intel cpu’s Would be able to run the game. Which obviously isn’t true.

As for the hacker he obviously isn’t an unbiased source. I wouldn’t expect him to say anything good about just as I wouldn’t trust denuvo to confirm anything bad about it.

Why do I even bother as it's always the gamers fault.

Right SirJames?

Moving on as I have better things to do.

I’m not sure what fault has to do with it, and gamers fault, where did you get that?

You posted an article claiming the game doesn’t run on pre haswell cpus because of denuvo and fma3 support.

We have 2 pc’s listed here that are pre haswell and do run the game. Obviously somethings not right.

I’m surprised by your response though, it seems atypical for you.

Back
Top Bottom