Interesting links for gamers (Indie games, Abandonware, Mods) - Page 14 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Interesting links for gamers (Indie games, Abandonware, Mods)

Default Interesting links for gamers (Indie games, Abandonware, Mods)

July 31st, 2015, 07:36
GTA5: RPG Mod
Game Features
Explore Los Santos and interact with new characters
The GTA RPG Mod has an array of characters which you will encounter during your time in the grand city of Los Santos. The relationships you make with these characters will define how the game progresses for you and what missions and options you have in the future.

Level Up and Customise Your Skills
Why just let the main three characters have skills? Once you pick your character and their class, you'll have a wide range of skills that you can use to aid you in your conflicts with other citizens of the city. Speed around the city in a turbo-boosted car. Become invulnerable. There are many skills to unlock in GTA RPG!

Earn your loot, the right way
What's a great RPG without tons of loot to find? You'll be able to find loot from killing random enemies, completing missions and soon… custom made heists. There's tons of loot to find, and you may find some of it will even unlock new abilities and missions.

*Soon* Compatible With Default Vanilla Experience
There's no need to worry about playing this alongside the default GTA experience. When creating your character just choose to play the original trio, and you'll get all the benefits of the GTA mod with Micheal, Franklin and Trevor. How can you go wrong with more missions?

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)

October 14th, 2015, 22:26
Time-travel and solve a murder: Skyrim mod Forgotten City:

loading…

Everyone loves a good murder mystery. Time travel is a crowd-pleaser. And mods that don't just tweak a game but add hours and hours of new content? I'm talking about The Forgotten City, a Skyrim mod that's been in the works for several years but is now available, and features those tantalizing elements plus an original score and over a thousand lines of custom dialogue. You can watch the launch trailer above.

The mod, created by Nick James Pearce, takes place in a sprawling underground city, one you'll need to explore to uncover its secrets. What's more, you'll need to explore it along multiple timelines as you travel through a time-warping portal in order to investigate a murder. Interrogate the city's inhabitants, learn their secrets, fight enemies, solve puzzles, and make choices that will have consequences on the story.
Sprawling, ambitious mods like The Forgotten City can sometimes run into trouble when modders either don't provide custom voice work, or try to do it themselves. In this case, however, there's a cast of over a dozen actors from all around the world contributing their voices, so pull that arrow out of your knee and get adventuring. You're in good hands when it comes to the score as well, and you can listen to the original soundtrack, by composer Trent Moriarty, here on Soundcloud.

Unfortunately, this is a rare Mod of the Week where I haven't personally played the mod I'm pushing on you. I'm currently plagued with PC hardware problems (it's been narrowed down to either to faulty memory or a dying hard drive). Still, we took an early look back in July and were impressed, and it definitely looks like one to try.
The mod is designed for characters of level five or above, though the modder recommends you bring a high level character, as some of the story "responds to your character's individual history." He also recommends you don't bring a follower with you, as this is a solo adventure.

You can get The Forgotten City here at Nexus Mods. If you've been playing it already, let me know what you think in the comments. (Though please try to avoid spoilers!)
The Forgotten City: an expansion to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is AVAILABLE NOW!
Find it on Steam Workshop or Skyrim Nexus.
More info at ModDB.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

July 8th, 2016, 13:21
http://www.lionandsnake.com/2016/06/15/video/ work in progress .

lionansnake

Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

November 18th, 2018, 04:17
Fallout - New California expansion for Fallout:NV.

Link - https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/45138/
Set in 2260, the main three factions in San Bernardino have been involved in factional fencing matches for the last 20 years following the NCR-Enclave War, and the Vault 13 Dweller’s defeat of the Master 100 years earlier.

The Survivalist Raiders are the last hold-outs in the California territory, refusing to be absorbed into the massive federal government they see as a threat to their isolated independence and military dictatorship. Cobbled together out of the remains of the various hostile tribes destroyed by the NCR, Boss Elsdragon, their leader, holds a tight regimental order over his confederation.

The New California Republic moved into the Cajon Pass in obedience of the New Reno Mob several years ago, capturing the Raiders’ crop producing lands in Union City. Hoping to use I-15 to expand their power towards Nevada, their leader, General Silverman, must first secure their war ravaged boarders, or face economic collapse at the meddling hands of Senator Nevile DuVille.

Your player character stumbles into this conflict after narrowly escaping Vault 18’s destruction. From there, they must find a way to survive in the aftermath when all 3 factions, each with a history of dealing with Vault 18’s Wasteland Scouts, seek out the player in order to use their knowledge, capture a lost experiment, or exact revenge for past crimes.
--
"Remember EA thinks Single-player games are dead & gamers are all basically idiots."

Check out my news Thread it's updated weekly.

Couchpotato

Anti-EA Supporter

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)

November 18th, 2018, 11:00
Originally Posted by HiddenX View Post
Sounds interesting. I always really liked THE SILVER SEED add-on for ULTIMA 7 PART II: SERPENT ISLE, which had a similar idea.

HellRazor

Watchdog

November 21st, 2018, 14:41
Originally Posted by HiddenX View Post
lol might be better than blades.

AppleIntimidation

Sentinel

November 21st, 2018, 15:37
Originally Posted by HellRazor View Post
Sounds interesting. I always really liked THE SILVER SEED add-on for ULTIMA 7 PART II: SERPENT ISLE, which had a similar idea.
I played the mod and it's really good. They are making a full game out of it, by the way. It's in the different setting which is OK since it seemed out of place in Skyrim. I don't know when it will be out, but maybe wait and try that if it's good.

Ivanwah

Sentinel

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
+1:

November 26th, 2018, 20:56
@HiddenX, wow, a GTA V RPG mod! Exactly what I've been hoping for. I wish they'd make a Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines game in a GTA V type world. Would be amazing. @Couchpotato The New Vegas mod sounds excellent as well. So many games I can't keep up!

TheRealFluent

H.O.O. Inquisitor

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)

November 26th, 2018, 20:58
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Fallout - New California expansion for Fallout:NV.

Link - https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/45138/
Hey Couch, how many hours of gameplay does this mod have, do you know?

TheRealFluent

H.O.O. Inquisitor

November 26th, 2018, 21:18
Originally Posted by TheRealFluent View Post
Hey Couch, how many hours of gameplay does this mod have, do you know?
Each of my replays lasted 25-30 hrs. It's still being updated also.
--
"Remember EA thinks Single-player games are dead & gamers are all basically idiots."

Couchpotato

Anti-EA Supporter

November 26th, 2018, 21:25
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Each of my replays lasted 25-30 hrs. It's still being updated also.
Thanks! It's on my list of stuff to try.

TheRealFluent

H.O.O. Inquisitor

January 4th, 2019, 20:13
Oh, yes, I do remember that game !
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

January 29th, 2019, 15:39
Shadow Run Campaign Mods for Harebrained Schemes versions.

Shadowrun Returns - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil…?id=1311108462
Shadowrun: Dragonfall - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil…?id=1311119109
Shadowrun: Hong Kong - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil…?id=1311146493
--

Couchpotato

Anti-EA Supporter

February 1st, 2019, 09:10
I like this one http://www.abandonwarering.com/?Page=Listing personally thanks for adding it in your list.

Ciancell

Banned

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

February 1st, 2019, 10:15
@Ciancell
It was already mentioned in the list
--
It's not what you say - it is the way you say it.
Lovely 2 minute video: 'Change your words, change your world'

Eye

Eye Watch
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

June 2nd, 2019, 00:41
Run KotOR in fullHD:

loading…

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

June 2nd, 2019, 10:42
Hexen Neural Texture Pack
https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topi…-texture-pack/

Open Fodder based on Cannon Fodder 2
https://github.com/OpenFodder/openfodder/releases

Night of the Meteor fan game
https://www.night-of-the-meteor.de/en/index.html

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)

Tags
abandonware, free games, game links, indie, mods
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Interesting links for gamers (Indie games, Abandonware, Mods)